Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times

Advertisements

what type of message do you like to receive from a guy online that you are attracted to??

The answer to this should change the rest of my summer

Last edited by FBJ; 07-22-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 01:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
what type of message do you like to receive from a guy online that you are attracted to??

First off, you might want to join us here in 2012

Old 07-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
First off, you might want to join us here in 2012
This site doesn't allow you to edit the title so I can't fix it.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
This site doesn't allow you to edit the title so I can't fix it.
I guess someone did it for you

I don't have an answer to your question though, haven't used online dating.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I guess someone did it for you

I don't have an answer to your question though, haven't used online dating.

I don't expect no one to answer the question because this board is not about helping anyone. Just bashing the single and what they should know and what they should be doing

Old 07-22-2012, 01:45 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,017,251 times
Quote:

You laying down the law for 'em, TVSG? Lettin' 'em know you mean business, by golly gosh darn it? Giving 'em an ultimatum? Lettin' 'em all know that they'd best cough up a real answer -- or else...?!?!?

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you that if someone else has to tell you what to say and how to say it, then you WON'T be acting as yourself or saying the sorts of things you would say on your own, and PAST the initial introduction will once more be on your own in your own very special, inelegant idiom?

Old 07-22-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I don't expect no one to answer the question because this board is not about helping anyone. Just bashing the single and what they should know and what they should be doing
Well I can tell you that if I were on a dating site, it would be nice if I received a message that tells me he actually read my profile.

"I notice you like to hike/surf/rollerblade (fill in the blank basically)..etc" I've always wanted to try that", or "I've done that before but I'm not as experienced as you are" or some comment regarding the activity. Then ask questions about said activity. That will open the doors of communication because she'll have something to respond to and keep the "volley" of the conversation going.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
You laying down the law for 'em, TVSG? Lettin' 'em know you mean business, by golly gosh darn it? Giving 'em an ultimatum? Lettin' 'em all know that they'd best cough up a real answer -- or else...?!?!?

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you that if someone else has to tell you what to say and how to say it, then you WON'T be acting as yourself or saying the sorts of things you would say on your own, and PAST the initial introduction will once more be on your own in your own very special, inelegant idiom?

No one can succeed without EXAMPLES. Telling someone what they need to do and showing them HOW TO DO IT is completely different.

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
Quote:

I agree with you -- anyways when I was on there I just wanted a nice NORMAL message. If their intentions were so called 'good' I don't know why they have to get all fancy about it. some guy on here gave the best advice one time: notice something in a picture that's posted 'what's on that person's head in the background?' etc. and comment on that. I never got any messages like that instead they were all idiots and pigs asking asinine questions that I had answered in my profile (which they obviously didn't read) or asking perverted questions about 'possibly hooking up that night for some 'fun' or 'whoa! what size bra do you wear, because in that pic you look like...' etc.

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
I love"You have beautiful eyes." "You are so funny" "Wow you always are interesting"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships