Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,079,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Definitely not looking for anything serious and definitely am not planning on getting married anytime soon as I stated in my second post.

The past couple of years I have found myself attracted to older women. I have a 41 y/o divorced co-worker that is gorgeous. If she was into hanging out with younger guys then I would definitely take her out but I would never insinuate it.

But anyway, this girl's maturity level would have to be somewhat on par with mine to even consider dating. Which my uncle seems to think so.
That's what you need to find out...in person! It doesn't hurt to meet and see if there's even any interest in going on a date. There are some people who are very mature beyond their chronological age.

I admire you for considering maturity level as an important part of a relationship, rather than what some here think - just go for it because you'd be the stud with the young GF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 AM

737 posts, read 1,151,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Ok, for the past two weeks my uncle has talked about this girl that lives beside him. He claims shes pretty, hard-working, shes going to school and has a part-time job. He says that he has talked to her about me as well and she wants to meet me. He says that we would be perfect for each other since we both like to save money.

Anyway, what I'm concerned about is our age difference. I'm 26 and she's only 19. I almost feel like a pervert just thinking about the idea even though she is of age. Another thing is we are at two different points in life. She's going to school and I have a career. I also moved back home last year due to my dad going through surgery due to cancer. Now, I'm staying with him to help him financially so I don't even have a place of my own anymore.

Can I have some of your opinions on this? I just don't know. I also haven't dated in 3-4 years.
What does it matter? No one is asking you to marry her. If you look at every date as a future spouse your going to miss out on a lot of fun.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,242,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
What does it matter? No one is asking you to marry her. If you look at every date as a future spouse your going to miss out on a lot of fun.
You can have fun buy paying a hooker..

It will turn out to be cheaper in the medium-term

Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,449,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
You can have fun buy paying a hooker..

It will turn out to be cheaper in the medium-term
lol

Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 AM

538 posts, read 1,014,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post

I never said I looked at every date as a future spouse. Quite the opposite.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM

864 posts, read 1,458,185 times
I'd like to weigh in on this since I *am* 19, and full time college student (honors program...very mature, very responsible). I would have no problem going out with someone who is 26, but that would probably be the upper limit of age difference I'd feel comfortable with. I do not date guys younger than 21, actually, because it has been my experience that guys younger than 21 do not possess the level of maturity I have, and the level of maturity I hold myself to (I'm not a party girl, and I don't drink/smoke/do drugs...I'm all about family, education and faith). I broke up with my last boyfriend (he was 23) because he had serious maturity issues which didn't reveal themselves until about a month into the relationship. So, I say, go for it. Granted, the typical 19 year old college student may not be mature enough for a 26 year old man. But, the guy I'm currently interested in is 24. He was originally a bit worried about the age difference (he is a college grad, and is working in his field as a mechanical engineer) based on what he knew of 19 year old girls from college, but once he got to really know me, he said the age difference was not an issue. It's all in the level of maturity.

Good luck.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM

460 posts, read 983,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I'd like to weigh in on this since I *am* 19, and full time college student (honors program...very mature, very responsible). I would have no problem going out with someone who is 26, but that would probably be the upper limit of age difference I'd feel comfortable with. I do not date guys younger than 21, actually, because it has been my experience that guys younger than 21 do not possess the level of maturity I have, and the level of maturity I hold myself to (I'm not a party girl, and I don't drink/smoke/do drugs...I'm all about family, education and faith). I broke up with my last boyfriend (he was 23) because he had serious maturity issues which didn't reveal themselves until about a month into the relationship. So, I say, go for it. Granted, the typical 19 year old college student may not be mature enough for a 26 year old man. But, the guy I'm currently interested in is 24. He was originally a bit worried about the age difference (he is a college grad, and is working in his field as a mechanical engineer) based on what he knew of 19 year old girls from college, but once he got to really know me, he said the age difference was not an issue. It's all in the level of maturity.

Good luck.

There are 19 year-old guys who are mature. Guys have limited maturity because of their gender? Maturity level is so subjective that only a few dates can determine if you can accept that level in him.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,089,224 times
7 years is nothing. My parents are 7 years apart and met at the exact same ages you are now. Dad was 26 and Mom was 19. They have now been married for 30 years.

As for being too young for a serious relationship, that talke just annoys me. I'm 26 and my wife and I have been happily married now for 3 years. There's nothing wrong with getting married young if you've found your soulmate.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,702,618 times
pfft im dating a 19 year old and im 35(yeah im gross so what). Shes freaking hot and the best part is she cant go to the bars with me

Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,839,608 times
Go for it, you got nothing to lose besides your uncle isn't going to try to hook you up with someone he doesn't feel is a good person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships