Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM

499 posts, read 757,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm not sure where you live, probably live in a high class judeo waspy world but go to most urban areas of America and you will see what we mean. I meet single moms who still harbor unrealistic dating goals like a man must be physically attractive, have his own place, a car etc. Some of these women are in their late twenties and early thirties and act like if they just came straight out of high school. Where I live I accept single parenthood as a norm even amongst certain ranks of society, but that's just me.
I was going to type a long response to this, but I'd rather leave it at, every woman is entitled to her dating requirements even if she has kids, but just because she has those requirements doesn't mean she's going to reel in what she's looking for with that fishing rod successfully every time.

That said, I do chuckle when I someone demanding X,Y,Z when they are below average in what they're demanding. Very common to come across the dating profile of a single mom who says "you better not contact me if you're under 5'10, make less than 90K, are fat, etc" when they themselves are out of shape, have all kinds of stretch marks and have bad credit, etc.

And this is not about economic standing, b/c the said women can be poor, rich, educated, uneducated. I'm in tip top shape and recently had a women w/3 kids rag on me for being a bit on the short side and not as buffed (though I am buff) as she'd like. I said to myself, "does she realize her love handles flap in the wind, she has stretch marks, etc ,etc"

Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,070,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
I was going to type a long response to this, but I'd rather leave it at, every woman is entitled to her dating requirements even if she has kids, but just because she has those requirements doesn't mean she's going to reel in what she's looking for with that fishing rod successfully every time.

That said, I do chuckle when I someone demanding X,Y,Z when they are below average in what they're demanding. Very common to come across the dating profile of a single mom who says "you better not contact me if you're under 5'10, make less than 90K, are fat, etc" when they themselves are out of shape, have all kinds of stretch marks and have bad credit, etc.

And this is not about economic standing, b/c the said women can be poor, rich, educated, uneducated. I'm in tip top shape and recently had a women w/3 kids rag on me for being a bit on the short side and not as buffed (though I am buff) as she'd like. I said to myself, "does she realize her love handles flap in the wind, she has stretch marks, etc ,etc"
Very true.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
as a single man looking for a wife i can definitely say that the number of single moms out here is just ridiculous. Yes, i understand that things happen and sometimes two people who have children just can't work things out and stay together.

But as a professional male 8 out of 10 women i meet on a weekly basis have one or more children. And generally a lot of these women carry emotional baggage along with children which makes it very difficult for a man to even have a decent relationship with them. That's a different topic in itself.

I don't have a desire to raise anyone else's children. Call me a bad guy all you want. Just tired of meeting 20 something women with two, three, and sometimes four kids.
+1

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 AM

499 posts, read 757,410 times
+2. I've dated enough women with kids, many of those relationships not working out for whatever reason. I'm at a point now where I'd like to meet a good woman with NO kids who is interested in starting a family. A lot respect goes to those men who meet and get involved with someone who has kids, but that's not for me.

Better a woman be happy that a man is upfront and passes her on so she can find a better man that will serve her better.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,132 times
Quote:
I meet single moms who still harbor unrealistic dating goals like a man must be physically attractive, have his own place, a car etc. Some of these women are in their late twenties and early thirties and act like if they just came straight out of high school. .
Exactly, these women bring nothing to the table but baggage that they have accumulated from years of living irresponsible, but on the other hand, many of these women refuse to date their equal. These women, in my opinion, are simply fishing for a sucker to rescue them.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,752,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
As a single man looking for a wife I can definitely say that the number of single moms out here is just RIDICULOUS. Yes, I understand that things happen and sometimes two people who have children just can't work things out and stay together.

But as a professional male 8 out of 10 women I meet on a weekly basis have one or more children. And generally a lot of these women carry emotional baggage along with children which makes it very difficult for a man to even have a decent relationship with them. That's a different topic in itself.

I don't have a desire to raise anyone else's children. Call me a bad guy all you want. Just tired of meeting 20 something women with two, three, and sometimes four kids.
If you are a professional man as you state, then you are running in some bad circles, because all the professional young women I know who are RNs, PAs and MDs, don't have kids. And these are women in the 25-35 age range.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,311,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
+2. I've dated enough women with kids, many of those relationships not working out for whatever reason. I'm at a point now where I'd like to meet a good woman with NO kids who is interested in starting a family. A lot respect goes to those men who meet and get involved with someone who has kids, but that's not for me.

Better a woman be happy that a man is upfront and passes her on so she can find a better man that will serve her better.
+3

Unfortunately rewarding mediocrity is a symptom of the new normal, enjoy the decline.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,624,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If you are a professional man as you state, then you are running in some bad circles, because all the professional young women I know who are RNs, PAs and MDs, don't have kids. And these are women in the 25-35 age range.

Djuna...Maybe I need to start hanging out in the hospitals.

Are these women single and looking or are they already involved with someone?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,070,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Funny,i know two Rns who are single moms, at least they can afford child care on their own.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,812,459 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where you live, probably live in a high class judeo waspy world but go to most urban areas of America and you will see what we mean. I meet single moms who still harbor unrealistic dating goals like a man must be physically attractive, have his own place, a car etc. Some of these women are in their late twenties and early thirties and act like if they just came straight out of high school. Where I live I accept single parenthood as a norm even amongst certain ranks of society, but that's just me.

This is why these women are still single lol why would a guy with all of that going for him want a single mom(or seek them out).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.