Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
There's no way in hell you could ever line up 2 dates for the same night. It takes you YEARS to get one little nibble for one date in a matter of months.
I will do it next saturday................JUST FOR YOU

Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
30 minutes? What the heck?

And she didn't tell you about her sick father after first meeting you? Shocker! I don't talk about any of my struggles until after I have known you long enough to feel comfortable.

Sheesh. Is she supposed to be your BFF before the first date?

Well for now on I will have Sick mommy moving forward and no female better question it

Old 08-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Well, I would never suspect someone of lying about a sick relative. That's just lower than I think most people would go. However, I would suspect that a date that someone was actually excited about would be a much-needed relief and they would be on top of confirming it. So I do suspect she hasn't confirmed to herself that she is all that excited about it. There's nothing wrong with that, especially for a first date.

RE: Paying and Obligation
Your expectation that you will pay for the date entitles you to nothing. Over and out.
BINGO and now that's why I will start using sick relatives as a excuse because no one will ever question it.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
as silly as this thread is overall, i wouldn't rule this out

sometimes it just gets ridiculous the way people cancel dates. real "dog ate my homework" type of stuff

Don't forget the other one some women like to use......."I got attacked by wolves" LOL

Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Don't forget the other one some women like to use......."I got attacked by wolves" LOL
i said "people" not "women"

don't co-opt my rational points for your weird agenda

Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Quote:
That's because no contact usually means="interest in someone else"
So why are you expected to pay for the date????

Old 08-18-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I recently dated 2 women that displayed a similiar pattern. If I didn't text or call them, they wouldn't text or call me. But if I invited them out, they would meet up with me and we would have a good time. But then again, same thing. If I didn't contact them, they wouldn't contact me. One of them admitted to being too busy for dating, and we left it at that. We are now friends. Even though I haven't seen her since our last "date".
The other woman and I had a third date planned for a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back. We were to make contact on saturday for official plans, due to things like weather and so on. I was hoping to do something spontaneous and fun. I never heard from her. I texted her on sunday basically saying "hi, looks like we won't be getting together today." she responded, "yea, the weekend went by fast for me." I then decided this woman wasn't showing me interest, and since she didn't even care to contact me on saturday for planning for sunday, I wished her well and said my good bye.
For me, I have run into some people that have no problem meeting up for dinner, and then they don't care to contact me to express interest in ME. That is why from now on, my dates with new women will be much more casual, and cost me much less money. At this point, I want to know that the woman is interested in ME, not the free to them, good tasting, expensive to me, meal they are getting.
Unless of course I am dieing for a steak or some really good italain, then whoever I am seeing at that point gets a treat. But that decision to do the expensive dinner is FOR ME, not because I am trying to entertain or impress my date.
I know lots of women like that as well.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
So why are you expected to pay for the date????

Because that's the expectation of men

Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
A word of advice. On your first date DO NOT take a woman to the movies our out to dinner. If it doesn't work out then you.ve wasted time and money. What are some things that you like do? Your in a big city, do something fun like going to museum or an amusement park. I had dates at the mall and at best buy. Switch it up.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Because that's the expectation of men
Says who? Of all the dates ive been on we split things 50/50 or she paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships