Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 10:33 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Please enlighten me about the nature of my lifestyle.
One that fits your personality. A personality of a woman who gravitates to shallow risque vs the >hundreds of other types of women who exist on this planet and walk different paths.

Quote:
I've also traveled the US and my parents are not from this country. I know for a fact that I come into contact with far more new people than you come into contact with on a daily basis.
You come across a host of altered people looking to get laid, or at least looking for peripheral sexual stimulation, everyday in the city. Don't you serve drinks or food at hooters? That's not a diverse sampling. There are so many different kinds of sub-culture pockets in the US that hold people who have never set foot in a hooters bar, let alone behave the way you're used to men behaving.

eta: while some of the communities below could be deemed crazy, I just wanted to give a taste of some of the people/communities I have come across over the years. They just don't fit the rubric purported here on CD.

http://www.burningman.com/
http://www.twelvetribes.com/about/who-we-are
http://www.krishna.com/about-us
http://www.dead.net/community
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Gathering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_performance

Last edited by Braunwyn; 08-19-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Some white men marry black women with black kids. Some white men also adopt black children into their families.
I know personally a few white coaches and black athletes who have father and son relationships. I know black men who raised their wife's white kids. Their are many white men I know who are raising biracial grand kids.

Having said all that, dating and marring are two different things. Although statistically people who date out side their ethnic circles have potentially more options, being a single girl with kids is a hangup for most guys. Having biracial kids will probably mean white men who date you probably don't have a problem with black people.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
One that fits your personality. A personality of a woman who gravitates to shallow risque vs the >hundreds of other types of women who exist on this planet and walk different paths..
What? Please say that again in English this time.

Quote:
Don't you serve drinks or food at hooters? That's not a diverse sampling. There are so many different kinds of sub-culture pockets in the US that hold people who have never set foot in a hooters bar, let alone behave the way you're used to men behaving.
I used to work at Hooters, 3 different ones. I've held a lot of jobs and have done a lot of things. Still haven't enlightened me as to the sort of aberrant lifestyle I must have to keep encountering all these outliers.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Well, I would think an international adoption would be frowned at more in that respect, but white Americans seem more willing to adopt Korean orphans that orphaned African Americans.

I'm sure you're white speaking to white men. When you're black and you encounter white men, race and your sexuality get discussed far more often, which is very revelatory.
Kind of true. I remember at some bar in the city I remember some waspy clean cut guy saying he wants to be with a black girl. I observed him. Little did I know he found an Afro centric yuppie woman. The Conversation turned sexual. I do know what you are talking about and I agree.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
What? Please say that again in English this time.

I used to work at Hooters, 3 different ones. I've held a lot of jobs and have done a lot of things. Still haven't enlightened me as to the sort of aberrant lifestyle I must have to keep encountering all these outliers.
I never said it was aberrant. You live a lifestyle that attracts the kind of men that you attract. The specifics really don't matter, it's the men who matter. These men are not representative of all or even most men. I posted a few links in my last post to demonstrate that NYC living is not all there is in the US.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
wake up and smell the coffee; most people on cd advocate (albeit not openly) for a white homogeneous america
Get real. The USA has never been an all white country, it's had blacks and Native-Indians from the very start. No one is suggesting that black Americans be returned to Africa. No one.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I never said it was aberrant. You live a lifestyle that attracts the kind of men that you attract. The specifics really don't matter, it's the men who matter. These men are not representative of all or even most men. I posted a few links in my last post to demonstrate that NYC living is not all there is in the US.
Can I see? Evenness though I have seen and experienced alternative living styles not native to NYC in different States.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Wow this thread is an eye opener. I'm surprised by the number of guys admitting there's a reluctance to date a woman with biracial children. I guess it kind of supports what I've seen IRL, now that I think about it. I know a few (white) single mums who've had kids with white guys who then go on to date/ marry black guys but never vice versa. Also come to think of it, I do remember being asked by white guys I dated pre-marriage if I'd ever been with black guys. I had no clue it was such a big deal.

Re adoption there probably is something similar coming into play but I don't know how exactly. The "totem pole" for adoption has always had white, asian, hispanic, biracial, black, in that order. I remember reading about an adoption scam where a woman was charging up to 200k for white infants. Crazy stuff.

There was an article in the nytimes a while ago about single mother families VS two parents families and how the single mums always struggle more than the two parents ones. The single mum profiled had a few kids with a black gentleman who abandoned her and the children. One of her complaints was of how difficult it was to find a relationship after that. She'd been with one guy briefly (the article didn't state the race) but it ended quickly. I would hate to think this kind of prejudice against biracial (potential) step children is so widespread, but maybe it is.
I'm not.

But how many black men would want to marry a black woman who had kids with a white man previously?

There are even problems for kids in foster homes to find homes because if they are black, some states require that they be adopted by black parents.

I really don't see how it hurts the single mother with bi-racial kids though, she can just continue to date other men of the same race as the first one. So really what's the big deal? If she finds a new step dad that actually looks like he could be the kids' dad -- so what? That might be better for the kids.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Get real. The USA has never been an all white country, it's had blacks and Native-Indians from the very start. No one is suggesting that black Americans be returned to Africa. No one.
True this is what I have been saying for years. Blacks wasps and native Americans have been here together since James town Virgina. If anything they should lump all three together.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not.

But how many black men would want to marry a black woman who had kids with a white man previously?

There are even problems for kids in foster homes to find homes because if they are black, some states require that they be adopted by black parents.

I really don't see how it hurts the single mother with bi-racial kids though, she can just continue to date other men of the same race as the first one. So really what's the big deal? If she finds a new step dad that actually looks like he could be the kids' dad -- so what? That might be better for the kids.
Logically yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships