Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
You may be bisexual, but my concern is that you do not really want to have sex at this point. The fact that you have only had 1-3 dates with guys before they end tells me that once they realize they are not getting any sex they are gone. I don't think it is fair for a man or a women to be in a relationship with someone that has no intention on being sexual (besides kissing).
Like I said before, I mainly meet guys via online dating so I'll usually give it at least three dates to find out if there's any chemistry, but I don't feel any desire/obligation to get physical with them during that time considering that they're still strangers to me. I have done more than kissing with guys who I've dated for longer than a few dates, but I just don't usually really enjoy things beyond kissing all that much.

Quote:
I think you need to mature a little more and figure out what it is in life that you are really looking for. Most people do not just decide to try to be a lesbian for a few months and see how it works out.
Really, they don't?? I never really seriously thought about it before, but it's just something that popped into my head the other day. I still don't see how it would be any different than trying anything else, but I just don't think it'll be easy to find someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The fact that you were attracted to a lesbian rather than straight women, is interesting. To me, straight women and lesbians are very different in the way they think. I might sometimes find a straight woman physically attractive but not emotionally or intellectually attractive - so much of their energy seems to be focused on men, it seems really 'odd' to me.

Can I ask, does it feel 'safer' or 'more comfortable' in some way to you to know that the woman is only attracted to women and not men?
I was basically just thinking that since the type of woman that I'm physically attracted to would have a "boyish" appearance/demeanor that she just wouldn't be interested in men and vice versa. But that was just my assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I was basically just thinking that since the type of woman that I'm physically attracted to would have a "boyish" appearance/demeanor that she just wouldn't be interested in men and vice versa. But that was just my assumption.
There are a lot of feminine looking lesbians. Perhaps you may only notice the more boyish looking ones?

Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
There are a lot of feminine looking lesbians. Perhaps you may only notice the more boyish looking ones?
Oh I know, but I'm saying that I'm not attracted to feminine looking lesbians so I wouldn't be interested in dating one.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM

64 posts, read 85,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Really? I just don't see how a woman can be heterosexual and not have any desire to have her partner inside her mouth. Same thing for a guy.

and what is that? cause all there is to sex is oral and intercourse.
are you that dumb?? i seen your other threads and basically you're a virgin with no relationships so how can you talk about what sex really is? get a clue.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Anyway, I don't really think this makes me gay/bi because we're just talking about one girl here compared to hundreds of men that I've been attracted to. I kind of don't think it counts, but I don't know...

What do you think? Should I try being a lesbian for a few months to make sure that I'm not?
I think that sexuality is a lot more complicated than most want to believe. One does not sample and decide if one has natural arousal for the same sex, and then become gay. In fact, most people have the capacity to be either and sexuality evolves through a variety of factors.

It is not unusual for one to find another attractive, same sex, or not. It isn't even unusual to find oneself aroused by another, same sex, or not. For every set of sexual proclivities, there are thousands -- possibly millions of people "out there" that have had the same experiences. Life doesn't occur according to social conventions. It just is.

If you were to never have learned the words "gay", "bisexual", or "straight" -- what would your path be? That is your natural course. Whether you decide to follow that course is completely up to you, and no one else has a decision in it.

Follow your heart.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
As a man, I encourage yuo to explore you lesbian desires

LOL, I'm sure someone's already posted that joke

but how about:
Everyone is for gay marriage, as long as both chicks are hot

HAIYOOOOOO!!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:49 AM

Wow, kinda don't like the answers people are giving you.
Sexuality is complex and different for every person.

It just may be that every once in a while you may be attracted to a certain woman here or there. If you feel like doing something about that, do it. If you have family who'd look down on that, and you find the risk greater than the reward, then don't.

You know, Whatever.

Just don't let yourself be pigeon-hold by a lack of single-word terminology and only the existence of clearly-defining words like "lesbian" or "bisexual"

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
There was a girl in high school who I had a crush on but I wasn't friends with her and just admired her from afar. She had a cute face, a short haircut, wasn't particularly curvy or feminine so it wasn't hard for me to be attracted to her. It wasn't like a sexual lust but I just thought she was adorable. I was very shy and never had any boyfriends in high school, but I did have crushes on boys and my crush on this girl wasn't as strong.

So I always assumed this girl was a lesbian but I remember hearing that she married a guy shortly after high school. Then years later when I was stalking her Facebook, I discovered that she was no longer married and had a girlfriend. So I thought "Yay, I was right!" and I was also a bit jealous of her girlfriend but I forgot about it because I don't think about this girl on a regular basis. But recently, I ended up on her FB page again and I discovered that she was now engaged to a new woman. I was jealous again when I saw her lovey dovey pictures with her fiancée. It's the same way I would feel if I saw pics of one of my former guy crushes with a girlfriend or wife. So I'm perfectly fine with admitting that I was romantically interested in her and most likely would have dated her if I had the chance. Then I thought that since I couldn't have her, maybe I could just find a single lesbian to date who sorta looks like her. So then I looked on dating sites for some and I couldn't find any as cute as her so I got discouraged.

Anyway, I don't really think this makes me gay/bi because we're just talking about one girl here compared to hundreds of men that I've been attracted to. I kind of don't think it counts, but I don't know...

What do you think? Should I try being a lesbian for a few months to make sure that I'm not?
I will say as I always say: It is YOUR choice to do as YOU choose to do with YOUR life. No one but YOU knows what is right for YOU. Once YOU figure out exactly who YOU are then you can make a well informed decision as to what is right for YOU and quit asking strangers on a public forum what THEY think YOU should do.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I'm interested in dating and being physical, but I'm not really all that interested in sex with men or women. I don't get much out of sexual intimacy and it's not something that I need, but I haven't completely given up on it yet. I just think maybe I haven't met the right person.

Okay, you're more interested in the relationship aspect. Not a problem.
Could be a problem for the other girl if she wants to have some sex... you don't wanna be a twattease , give her blue balls so to speak, she might be miffed by that

Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm not really interested in trying to date lesbians anymore. That was last month. I mean, if I met a woman who I was attracted to, I'd still consider it, but I don't really see it happening at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships