Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

If the nerdy girl is cute she may get snagged up by a bad boy first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I've seen this happen. Some roughneck-looking types seem to get the girls first. It has happened to me as well.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've seen this happen. Some roughneck-looking types seem to get the girls first. It has happened to me as well.
Yup someone that is similar to Ugly betty will get the attention of a bad boy

Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Yup someone that is similar to Ugly betty will get the attention of a bad boy
It has happened to me. I went after a girl that I found to be an intellectual type. She wasn't "ugly" by any means. However, she went more for the roughneck types. I was basically short, slender, and nerdy myself.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
If a guy has Asperger Syndrome, High-Functioning Autism, should he just realize he is never going to have a girlfriend?
Even Stephen Hawking has been married twice...

Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Even Stephen Hawking has been married twice...
true but was that before Stephen Hawking developed that current disabled condition he still has?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
unfortuneately that is true

Old 09-03-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I haven't been tested, but from what I've been told there could be a chance that have Asperger's Syndrome. It has not been confirmed. If I do have it, then it could explain me "having a ton of book smarts but lacking in social skills". I've always had issues with social interaction. On the other hand, if I don't have it, then it might be something else with me.

Anyway, this is what I've notice. I've noticed that many people tend to avoid people with Asperger's. There is a certain attitude towards people with such issues. I've witnessed this. I've heard one person mention "he might be autistic or have ADD". When asked why that person was so heartless towards the person, the response was basically, "we don't have the patience to deal with him".

I can understand where the OP is coming from. I have struggled with social interaction issues and some other problems. However, why this is, it is hard to tell. I have thought of it as most people haven't really understood me very well, and this has been the case. At age 26, I've never had a girlfriend. I would recommend that the OP keeps trying. One of the worst things a person can do is give up. Personally, I don't know if I have Asperger's or not. I don't know what is up with me. All I know that is that giving up isn't going to make things better, only worse.
yeah deep inside I don't want to give up, i strive, desire, want companionship with the oppossite sex, it's just a question knowing or wondering if I have what it takes, or I can get what it takes

Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Yes an aspie is highly unlikely to have a girlfriend. What's interesting (and kind of sad) is that girls are attracted to low IQ men with violent tendencies, especially criminals.

A violent criminal that is borderline retarded would attract far more women than a good hearted, smart man with Asperger syndrome.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Yes an aspie is highly unlikely to have a girlfriend. What's interesting (and kind of sad) is that girls are attracted to low IQ men with violent tendencies, especially criminals.

A violent criminal that is borderline retarded would attract far more women than a good hearted, smart man with Asperger syndrome.
i don't want to believe you but something tells me you could be right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships