Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM

91 posts, read 426,151 times

Advertisements

I find this topic fascinating. I find alot of women complain because their husbands/boyfriends have low sex drives. We don't think of this because society makes us believe that men want it ALL THE TIME which is not true.

I was wondering who here male or female are not "getting" it enough or want it more but the other partner is not interested. Also, I would like to hear from people that feel pressured to have sex with their partner even though they don't want to or feel the need to....

Comments ecouraged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,646,356 times
Sex is a tiring chore for most men but women expect it so many of us bite our lips and give in. Since counting ceiling tiles gets monotonous fast, I generally prefer to imagine myself preparing apricots for canning, and that seems to work just fine, at least so far.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:05 AM

91 posts, read 426,151 times
Wow.... a tiring chore. I must say I haven't heard it explained like that. I love that preparing apricots works for you.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:04 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,919 times
Well, I believe that at least part of the problem is how busy we can all get now-a-days. While a little "quickie" can be fun ever so often, it still can't compare to quality intimate time together, I don't believe. But, when you both ARE in the mood at the same time, and have enough time to really enjoy each other, it is so great. But job stress, deadlines on work projects, just plain old being exhausted, these can all take from an enjoyable time of intimacy, thats for sure. But, those good nights sure are GOOD aren't they?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The French Maid View Post
I find this topic fascinating. I find alot of women complain because their husbands/boyfriends have low sex drives. We don't think of this because society makes us believe that men want it ALL THE TIME which is not true.

I was wondering who here male or female are not "getting" it enough or want it more but the other partner is not interested. Also, I would like to hear from people that feel pressured to have sex with their partner even though they don't want to or feel the need to....

Comments ecouraged
my ex wife had her shortcomings but i want you to know that she was very good about performing her marital duties. she would insist on having sex with me every year, whether i needed it or not.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,646,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
my ex wife had her shortcomings but i want you to know that she was very good about performing her marital duties. she would insist on having sex with me every year, whether i needed it or not.
stephen s
san diego ca
Dang, Bunky, what's your secret?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,599 times
I'm real lazy so we only do it once a month. Half the time we fall asleep on the couch and are too tired to do the humpty hump

Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,705,340 times
I would love for my husband to be more playful and flirty - but he just isn't. I'm not that into sex but I like to "play"...He thinks I'm just not interested (lack of drive) I tell him it's because the most attention I get is a tap on the shoulder when we go to bed. What ever happened to a few smacks on the butt while I make dinner??

Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,517,941 times
Default opposite problem

Sex drives...

Me - Porsche
Her - chevy

Other than that life is good!!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
My sex-drive is definately greater than my wife's.... It's not to say she's totally uninterested, but she wants the whole romantic interlude and for everything to be "just right" and it's been a hard go of it to convince her that with a three year old we simply aren't going to have many opportunities like that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships