Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? You could have as much money as your heart desires or a chance at true love?
I'm a woman and I choose a chance at true love 39 22.54%
I'm a woman and I choose as much money as my heart desires 35 20.23%
I'm a man and I choose a chance at true love 34 19.65%
I'm a man and I choose as much money as my heart desires 65 37.57%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,926,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Money is a distraction from realising who you are if money is all you think about. There is more to life than being a millionaire/billionaire.
Yea, family, chicks, and alcohol; but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,957,370 times
I have plenty of love in my life, but am lacking in the money department. I'll take the dinero, please

Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 AM

837 posts, read 1,289,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
What a lot of Phooey and Poppycock ! True love has nothing to do with money, I know a lot of people with virtually nothing who have loved and been loved all their lives.

And people with all the money in the world who would not know love if it bit them on the butt. If love runs out when your money runs out then you never had it in the first place.

What a cynical jaded view of the world and what a lot of piffles. If true love depended on money I would have never crossed my Father, displeased him so much he disowned me and I would have married the guy he expected me to. And would now be living a life of idle wealth , unhappy and disenchanted. But heck the baubles and shiny things would be so worth it.... NOT.

I fell in love with Hubby despite his lack of money and if he lost his job tomorrow I would still love him. How dare you imply that everyone is as venal as some of you seem to be.
When money runs out, divorce is a certainty. Reality proves it.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM

507 posts, read 514,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Which would you choose?

The fates gave you the option.
You could have as much money as your heart desires or ...an average lifestyle with the most compatible person partner and get a chance at true love?

Now before you rush to the true love option I want you all to bare in mind what having all the money your heart desires means.

Think about it. Condos, super cars, never have to work again if you so choose, explore the world, or you can basically do nearly anything you desire.

Maybe you want to own several estates across the nation or overseas. Maybe take 5 star cruise ships or own a private jet.

Also you still have the chance that your true love relationship may still fail...

Would you still choose the opportunity to find true love or fulfill all your desires that money can buy.

Think deep.

Oh yeah I threw in a poll to make it more interesting.
I will always choose true love because there is nothing like being loved by someone or having to share your time with that person and know that it is appreciated. I would be miserable with all the money my heart desires and no one to share my materials and wealth with. As much as people fight to protect their money I have yet to find a wealthy person who doesn't want to be loved or doesn't seek the companion of a signifcant other

Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
When money runs out, divorce is a certainty. Reality proves it.
Umm... what? "Reality proves it?" That's a new one! I guess you never have to use things like "facts" or "real life examples" when you've got "reality!"

Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,707,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
I will always choose true love because there is nothing like being loved by someone or having to share your time with that person and know that it is appreciated. I would be miserable with all the money my heart desires and no one to share my materials and wealth with. As much as people fight to protect their money I have yet to find a wealthy person who doesn't want to be loved or doesn't seek the companion of a signifcant other
I have and his opinion was this. "Why do people feel the need to share their wealth? I made the money so I will enjoy it. I'm not about to go ask somebody. "Hi, I've made plenty of money. Do you want some of it?" I'm not going to look for anybody to share. Happiness comes from within. You need to be happy with yourself first and foremost. I just don't understand why the fact you made the money on your own. You can't enjoy it without someone else enjoying with you. That is beyond me."

Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,567 times
Money. I've always wanted to travel the world and getting that opportunity would be too good to pass up. The world is an incredible place with so much to see. And I could still find love along the way and if I didn't, I would still have my family and friends to share everything with.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
Money-It buys you whatever you want

Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,314,340 times
money buys you time, that's something you can never get back.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,695,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Money definitely. I could probably still get "love" anyway but an opportunity to make sure I and/or my mother never has to worry about making another car or rent/mortgage payment again would be too good to pass up.
Aww that's so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I can always make money, so I'd choose love because I've seen the power of true love in my life and I'd hate to be without it.
Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships