Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? You could have as much money as your heart desires or a chance at true love?
I'm a woman and I choose a chance at true love 39 22.54%
I'm a woman and I choose as much money as my heart desires 35 20.23%
I'm a man and I choose a chance at true love 34 19.65%
I'm a man and I choose as much money as my heart desires 65 37.57%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times

Advertisements

Money definitely. I could probably still get "love" anyway but an opportunity to make sure I and/or my mother never has to worry about making another car or rent/mortgage payment again would be too good to pass up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
I can always make money, so I'd choose love because I've seen the power of true love in my life and I'd hate to be without it.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I'm a man and I chose true love..

An incurable illness with loads of money but no-one to spend your last days with or less money and someone that loves you to say goodbye to...

You choose..
Absolutely Darling, that is why you are one of the Good Guys and your Wife is lucky to have you ( as you are to have Her of course !). Some people obviously do not get the appeal of Loving someone and being Loved back.

Nobody wants to be poor, it would disingenuous to say so but this obsession with riches I truly find disturbing and if I am truly honest really quite repugnant.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Absolutely Darling, that is why you are one of the Good Guys and your Wife is lucky to have you ( as you are to have Her of course !). Some people obviously do not get the appeal of Loving someone and being Loved back.

Nobody wants to be poor, it would disingenuous to say so but this obsession with riches I truly find disturbing and if I am truly honest really quite repugnant.
Yep.. she's one lucky bunny!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
If I choose money, Why wouldn't I have "someone to spend my last days with"? That's an idea something people have been running out there for decades In regards to marriage also to scare people

Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
If I choose money, Why wouldn't I have "someone to spend my last days with"? That's an idea something people have been running out there for decades In regards to marriage also to scare people
No-one said you wouldn't did they? I didn't realise another option had been put up... Just checked, nope, no other option that i'd missed..

Who mentioned marriage? The question was "true love" wasn't it?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Who mentioned marriage? The question was "true love" wasn't it?
"in regards to marriage also"

I said its used for both

Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
It may seem repugnant to some but if you like me have ever:

- Lived or spend major time in a neighborhood ripped apart by poverty and its ill effects.
- Worried about having something to eat for dinner.
- Had to beg and borrow money to travel to see a parent in their last days.
- Been put back majorly by an unplanned car repair.
- Been trapped in a job you hate with a passion.
- Seen a loved one struggle through money troubles that were no fault of their own.

Then you would understand why some would choose unlimited money.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM

120 posts, read 211,855 times
I'll take money because nowadays it's much more important to have money if you want to live a good life.

And I don't think there is a such thing as 'true love' anyway.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Also you still have the chance that your true love relationship may still fail...
Oookay? Well that must mean I also have the chance that someone will come along and rob me of all my money. So I still choose the true love thing, because if she's the most compatible person for me and we still split, it means there is no one for me. At least I'd know so I could put it completely out of my mind from then on.

I know the first thing I'd do if I was single and rich would be to look for that special someone anyway. Even if I had lots of women along the way, it'd still be the same journey, just with different checkpoints along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships