Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? You could have as much money as your heart desires or a chance at true love?
I'm a woman and I choose a chance at true love 39 22.54%
I'm a woman and I choose as much money as my heart desires 35 20.23%
I'm a man and I choose a chance at true love 34 19.65%
I'm a man and I choose as much money as my heart desires 65 37.57%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times

Advertisements

This has to be one of the most depressing thread I have since on C-D since joining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
money buys you time, that's something you can never get back.
No it doesn't. All my money isn't going to buy me anymore time than I have left!

If I could have more time with those I love i'd give it all up, what bloody use is it going to be to me? "Money buys you time"? Like F*ck it does!

Dieing is dieing and dead is dead regardless of $10 or $10,000,000..

Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,895 times
True love of course, how is this even tough to answer? The responses are so sad.

This is assuming you live a middle class lifestyle, not poverty or even close to it. True love implies no divorce and that you have a happy relationship, not perfect, but pretty damn good.

Money doesn't mean anything beyond a certain level of comfortable lifestyle. Numerous studies support this.

On a personal note, my parents have true love and so do several other married couples of all ages I know of. I'm jealous. I also know some people who are much wealthier than me, but I'm not jealous of them.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
No it doesn't. All my money isn't going to buy me anymore time than I have left!

If I could have more time with those I love i'd give it all up, what bloody use is it going to be to me? "Money buys you time"? Like F*ck it does!

Dieing is dieing and dead is dead regardless of $10 or $10,000,000..
yes it does.

of course you're going to die, that's the nature of entropy.

While I'm alive if I'm sitting on a few stacks it buys me time, I know this from personal experience.

there are some types of love (family) that can never be replaced, on the flipside of things there's millions of people out there if you choose to have a relationship (dime a dozen).

you have to enjoy and live your life, nothings promised.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
yes it does.

of course you're going to die, that's the nature of entropy.

While I'm alive if I'm sitting on a few stacks it buys me time, I know this from personal experience.

there are some types of love (family) that can never be replaced, on the flipside of things there's millions of people out there if you choose to have a relationship (dime a dozen).

you have to enjoy and live your life, nothings promised.
At the moment i'm alive and wealthy, soon I may well be dead and will have been wealthy.. How did my wealth buy me more time?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
True love of course, how is this even tough to answer? The responses are so sad.

This is assuming you live a middle class lifestyle, not poverty or even close to it. True love implies no divorce and that you have a happy relationship, not perfect, but pretty damn good.

Money doesn't mean anything beyond a certain level of comfortable lifestyle. Numerous studies support this.

On a personal note, my parents have true love and so do several other married couples of all ages I know of. I'm jealous. I also know some people who are much wealthier than me, but I'm not jealous of them.
Well said.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:

I chose money and I didn't have a hard time thinking it out at all.

Why settle for middle class when you have a chance when you have a chance to tell slavedriver CEOs where they can stick their paychecks for good since you won't ever need them?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Money. It buys a great lifestyle. At my age I would be quite happy to buy hot guys to have sex with and forget about love for a while.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,019,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When your a young rich guy,(or young guy in general tbh) you don't give a damn about "true love". If you can have sex with beautiful women, have the best cars in the world, great bachelor pad, travel the country and world, your good.
Very true.

I don't think you would care much about love if you drive an a8 l stuffed full of beautiful women on the way to spa or something..

Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,280 times
Quote:

I chose money and it wasn't hard for me to answer either. True love is a nice dream if you can obtain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships