Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 PM

5,026 posts, read 7,475,804 times

Advertisements

Sometimes we have to see ourselves in pictures to see what we really look like.
Without being obvious... what about taking some pics of him and let him see it himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,174,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Sometimes we have to see ourselves in pictures to see what we really look like.
Without being obvious... what about taking some pics of him and let him see it himself?
or suggest going to get family pictures or something

Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,490,417 times
Pictures ... Pretty good idea. Find one from a few years back when the chin was absent, and put it on the fridge next to a recent one (it's best if they're the same angle and size, mostly). And if you do the shopping, stop buying junk food. Of course, you're going to have to talk to him once he sees the photos up!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,690,113 times
Or if all else fails, have him grow a beard? Maybe that would disguise some of it

Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 PM

26 posts, read 29,676 times
he isn't very fat. It is mostly the chin.

Other than that, he is maybe 30 lbs overweight.

He doesn't like himself, calls himself ugly but doesn't have the discipline to change his habits.

He doesn't like sports, he doesn't like eating healthy, doesn't like fruits or veggies. I tried everything. He acts like he is on a diet (for me) and when I don't look, he runs to McDonalds. I have given up and now I am just frustrated and slightly grossed out when he eats all this crap.

He will never change. His whole family is like that and all have nasty looking chins. Surprisingly, none of them have health issues.

So since I have tried everything, the only solution would be to have the chin removed somehow through some procedure.

He had a beard to cover it up but to me it looks even worse because it is pointing towards the non existing chin line.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,771,845 times
The finest thing which happens to the crocodile is when women scan him head to feet, when their fat slob husbands/manfriends sit next to them totally emasculated in the process.... and right then I look in the man's eye and I can sense a sense of loss of self-worth from his eyes.

To be honest, if I were him, I'd jump off a cliff. But for some men, being in shape and wearing the finest vestments is not a priority, for whatever reason, depression or poverty or loss of a sense of importance in society. It takes a different beast of a man to understand that he needs these things in life so that the wife/woman can be proud of him. But the women stick to them coz they possibly bring in a paycheque 10 to 1.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 PM

26 posts, read 29,676 times
You know, there is people that still have an attractive face when they are big. And then there is people whose face disappears and it is just all chin. That's my hubby.
He isn't even that heavy. He is not obese. He is just lazy and has bad eating habits since child hood.

I took pics of him from the side where you can see that the chin is leaning on his chest when he sits on the couch. He just throws them away.

Crocodile - I earn the same amount of money as my husband. That is not the issue.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,771,845 times
30 pounds overweight does not get into the chin. Face is like the final frontier. For it to get bloated, we are talking north of 50 pounds overweightedness.

If he is only 30 pounds overweight, you're just hallucinated with some chin genie.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:50 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,218,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by langenudel View Post
You know, there is people that still have an attractive face when they are big. And then there is people whose face disappears and it is just all chin. That's my hubby.
He isn't even that heavy. He is not obese. He is just lazy and has bad eating habits since child hood.
If he is not obese yet, he will be.
Quote:
I took pics of him from the side where you can see that the chin is leaning on his chest when he sits on the couch. He just throws them away.
You are making excuses for him. He knows he does not NEED to do anything. This does not sound like a real deal breaker. Or it would be breaking your deal.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:53 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,283,994 times
After you've been married for a while, you fall out of "love" and you see the person more and more as they really are.

I get the feeling it's not so much his mama june chins but his attitude that is the problem here.

You feel great but you're like a reformed smoker to him, probably a ginormous pain in the arse to listen to and watch being "healthy" as if it's a new religion, when all he wants to do is watch tv.

You are incompatible. It's as simple as that. You want him trim and taut and healthy, he frankly doesn't give a chit.

You can't change people. You can only accept them and love them for who they are. If he wishes to quit McD's and go to gym, he will. If he doesn't wish to, he won't.

If you can't accept this in your husband, it's time to move on. You will start to make each other very unhappy indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships