Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,784,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I swear man, it's all related to your hatred of anything warm and moist
Oh I don't have any hatred for them, I just never see any I find attractive who are also available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,437,903 times
Has to be my first date with my boyfriend, which was also the first time I had ever met him. He came to pick me up on a Sunday morning at my apartment. 7am. I went down and met him outside and in one hand he held a Venti Mocha from Starbucks, and in the other a bouquet of flowers with my favorite color in them, periwinkle. He had actually listened when I had mentioned the coffee I ordered, and he knew my favorite color.....

I gave him a huge hug after we walked into my apartment to put the flowers inside and as well as a bag of gifts he brought me.

It was a very simple date but it was great. It was hotter than hell outside that day, the end of July. We stopped off to get breakfast and sat and talked and ate. I looked at his eyes and I could have gotten lost in that sea of blue. He had a sweet smile and caring eyes.

We went on and went to the subway station and went to DC to one of the Smithsonian museums. I was totally myself with him that day, and he put up with it the whole time. I could tell he was just a great guy. I already thought he was from our conversations, but now I knew it.

We grabbed some lunch and then toured around DC on a tour guided bus. We were cracking up over who knows what the whole time, but it just felt good.

The ride back on the subway was different from the ride up. This time we sat much closer together, with his arm wrapped around me, and my head resting up against him.

We rode back to my apartment and I did most of the talking, he is a quiet one. Back at home we watched tv and cuddled, he rubbed his hands through my hair and it felt so good. I could have done that for hours. We sat there until the darkness came and we decided we needed to eat.

Mexican. He brought me back home and walked me to my apartment and he hugged me...and I kissed him. It was 10pm and I didn't want him to leave.

There was something about him that day, and I was just telling him this last night... I knew I would love him, and boy do I ever.

See, a pretty plain date but what it was, was yes, the first day of the rest of my life.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,520,888 times
Pure animal sex session.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,459,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Has to be my first date with my boyfriend, which was also the first time I had ever met him. He came to pick me up on a Sunday morning at my apartment. 7am. I went down and met him outside and in one hand he held a Venti Mocha from Starbucks, and in the other a bouquet of flowers with my favorite color in them, periwinkle. He had actually listened when I had mentioned the coffee I ordered, and he knew my favorite color.....

I gave him a huge hug after we walked into my apartment to put the flowers inside and as well as a bag of gifts he brought me.

It was a very simple date but it was great. It was hotter than hell outside that day, the end of July. We stopped off to get breakfast and sat and talked and ate. I looked at his eyes and I could have gotten lost in that sea of blue. He had a sweet smile and caring eyes.

We went on and went to the subway station and went to DC to one of the Smithsonian museums. I was totally myself with him that day, and he put up with it the whole time. I could tell he was just a great guy. I already thought he was from our conversations, but now I knew it.

We grabbed some lunch and then toured around DC on a tour guided bus. We were cracking up over who knows what the whole time, but it just felt good.

The ride back on the subway was different from the ride up. This time we sat much closer together, with his arm wrapped around me, and my head resting up against him.

We rode back to my apartment and I did most of the talking, he is a quiet one. Back at home we watched tv and cuddled, he rubbed his hands through my hair and it felt so good. I could have done that for hours. We sat there until the darkness came and we decided we needed to eat.

Mexican. He brought me back home and walked me to my apartment and he hugged me...and I kissed him. It was 10pm and I didn't want him to leave.

There was something about him that day, and I was just telling him this last night... I knew I would love him, and boy do I ever.

See, a pretty plain date but what it was, was yes, the first day of the rest of my life.
Very nice! Where did you meet him in the first place?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,661,615 times
I haven't had any awful dates, but also none that I would consider great, so I still have that to look forward to.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,437,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Very nice! Where did you meet him in the first place?
We met on Match. It's funny. I had been on there for 6 months and I was done. I kept getting e mails that a person had winked at me or looked at me or sent a message. My subscription was over.

The e mails got the best of me and I subscribed for one more month an that was it! I looked at all the things and really, I wasn't impressed. About a week later, he winked at me. He was not my type and he lived too far away.

I did not respond. I kept looking at his profile and reading it. He seemed like a nice guy. I decided that my type wasn't getting me anywhere and maybe I should look outside the box.

I started talking to him and he was just so sweet. I had been talking to 2 other men and I had a pro con list going on. I had not met the other two and I would still message them. I met my SO and the other 2 fell off the list, never to be talked to again.

He was it. He was the one. I was done looking. He wasn't my type. One day we were talking about it and he smiled at me and said, "Maybe you just didn't know what your type was...." I told him I thought he was right.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,683,972 times
We went to a Thai restaurant.
What it made it the best was that she was there.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,982,969 times
Let's see it was a college one for me. A guy I just met who lived in my dorm. He was actually a mentor, he was really close with his 2 mentees (they were like 10 and 11 at the time, he grew up without a dad, and the same for these 2 boys). I ran into him, and he wanted to hang out, but he need to drop his mentees off (they lived around a mile away from our dorm). So I went with them, I wasn't doing anything. We had a blast. We went to the record store (showing my age here....I was a super-regular at the record store), and listened to all of the listening stations, and then went to the ice cream shop. Because we all know, all kids like ice cream. Then we walked them home, cracking up the whole way. Then we went back and had dinner at the dorm. It wasn't really a "date" in the normal sense. But in essence it was a really good first date, because I got to find out what is important to him, and we got to "prove" we could have easy unstructured time together.

That was the start of us basically becoming inseparable. After that I ended up having quite a few outings with the "kids" we played video games and all kinds of other fun stuff. When he wasn't around, his mentees came to look for me to hang out while waiting for him.

He's still in touch with them now, it has been an almost 20 year relationship for him with his mentees (they are adults now, so who knows what to call them). Us, not so much, we are friends though. :P

Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,043,257 times
I remember a good one around Halloween.

She mentioned there was a haunted hay ride around her, and she would like to go. So the final Friday before Halloween we we went. When we parked we saw a guy who was ducking around cars, trying to act like he's stalking the people walking to and from the ride. So, we boarded the ride and was on our way. I found out on this night she scared easily. She screamed at most of the stops(They were very gimmicky and obviously fake, but it was the experience that was really fun), and she got really cold, so I gaver her my coat to keep warm. Overall we had a lot of fun, and we stepped off the ride to leave.

On the way out to our car I didn't see the guy in the parking lot, but as we stepped into the car I glanced over to her whle grabbing my keys, and I saw the guy in the mask next to her window. She looked at me and noticed my eyes looking, and she turned and saw him and scream so loud that the guy started laughing. I gave the guy a thumbs up because he definitely did his job well and drove back to my private campsite for dinner. Had a bonfire and roasted marshmellows and charred hot dogs lol. Plus a lot of conversation.

It was a good date!

Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,675,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Oh I don't have any hatred for them, I just never see any I find attractive who are also available.
not sure if you got it, but was making a joke about how you hate warm, sticky climates and sweating your ass off and relating that maybe to problems of intimacy.

Though, a girl once tried to convince me that people who liked cold climates liked intimacy more than people who liked warm climates (something about cuddling; you seek it by wrapping yourself in clothes). Nevermade much sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships