Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,775,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
not sure if you got it, but was making a joke about how you hate warm, sticky climates and sweating your ass off and relating that maybe to problems of intimacy.

Though, a girl once tried to convince me that people who liked cold climates liked intimacy more than people who liked warm climates (something about cuddling; you seek it by wrapping yourself in clothes). Nevermade much sense to me.
Ah, I definitely didn't pick up on that, but it's actually a good point. Would I choose being cool and comfortable over a sweaty sex-romp? I...I'll have to think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 PM

864 posts, read 1,458,071 times
Anyone else?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,449,285 times
At a golf driving range. She couldn't hit the ball and I couldn't stop myself from laughing so hard, then she started laughing as she was trying to hit it and laughed really hard too. Alot of laughing alround......sometimes its these small things that mean most.......

Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Anyone else have stories to add?

Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,756,332 times
The night i met my current wife.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:55 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,168,512 times
Not sure if it counted as a "date", it was more of a holiday, but after prom my date/gf and I went with the class to Langkawi, an island off the coast of Malaysia. It was like something out of a brochure, high school sweethearts, beautiful beaches, nice weather, plenty of cozy bars and restaurants. Ah, now I'm getting nostalgic, damn.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,144,990 times
I was going to start a thread similar to this but it was going to be more like "Coolest Places you've taken each other". Kind of similar to you OP, early on, I took her to Disneyworld. Certain times of the year you can get great Orlando hotel rooms pretty cheap so we got one and stayed the night and did the park the next day....lot's of fun, especially since it was her first time there ever.

When we were in her hometown in MI, she took me to a very popular hot tub place where you can select a themed outdoor spa with fireplace. Some of the themes were Egypt, Japanese Gardens, Polynesian, and North Woods. I thought it was so cool to be nice and relaxed in the spa with the snow falling, it was a great time.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,968,061 times
We've been to Vegas three times since last July, but the first time was probably the best (for me, at least). I surprised her with an upgraded suite (Aria SkySuites are amazing, btw...), limo from/to the airport, etc.

She returned the favor for my birthday this past January--upgraded suite at Bellagio, car service, etc.

--Dim

Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,400,533 times
My friends love this story...

I was with my friends on a ski trip and met a very handsome man while playing cards in the ski lodge. I had been winning. He joined our game and proceeded to then win every hand, while keeping us laughing the whole time. He excused himself to use the men's room. While he was gone, I stacked the deck (hey, we weren't playing for money!). When he returned, he continued to beat us at every hand, even with the stacked decks. I thought, he just out-scammed a scammer. I was impressed!

We spent a fun weekend skiing together with a group of friends. When we returned to Chicago, he asked me out on a date. He picked me up and drove me to his home where he had prepared a delicious gourmet meal for us. He could cook! He had great wine, great jazz music playing, and a nice fire going. He wore a green sweater that accented his green eyes. He smelled great. He was funny and kept me laughing the whole dinner. I was impressed!

Afterwards, he asked me to take a walk at a nearby park. It was sunset on a beautiful, crisp Fall day. The leaves were at their peak brilliant colors, there was a bubbling stream and golden prairie in the background, and lots of wildlife around (saw deer, cranes, turtles, etc). It was quite a beautiful and romantic scene. He asked if he could take a few photographs of me with the colorful forest in the background and the sunset peaking through the trees. I agreed. He then sweetly asked if he could kiss me under a majestic oak tree. I agreed. He then drove me home. It was one of the nicest dates I had ever been on. I was impressed!

He printed the photos of me and they came out great - very artistic. We had been dating for several weeks, and he invited me over for dinner again. I sat on his couch with a glass of wine while he prepared another gourmet meal in the kitchen, just out of sight. I started perusing his bookcase - I liked to check out what kinds of books my dates read.

On the bottom shelf, I spotted some photo albums. He had already shown me some of his photographs as it was a hobby of his. So I pulled out one of the leather-bound photo albums and started paging through it. Well, guess what it was filled with? Photos of several other women he had taken to the SAME park and photographed at sunset in the EXACT spot where he had photographed me!

I called him over and showed him what I had found. He, of course, had no acceptable excuse. He just sheepishly smiled and said, "Well, it was a great first date idea..." It was his standard "perfect" first date that he used on all the ladies!

I was so mad! I demanded to be taken home immediately as, even though I really liked him, I was not going to fall for his ploy! He proceeded to call me for days/weeks afterwards, trying to apologize.

Finally, after several weeks, I agreed to go out for coffee with him but told him - he could no longer out-scam a scammer. I was on to him and did not trust his intentions! Everything he said would be carefully evaluated for trickery.

We started laughing about the whole thing. He said he had finally met his match. He started telling me how he felt about me. I started trusting him again, little by little..... And I now trust him completely.

I've been married to the guy for almost 15 years...

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-20-2013 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
The night i met my current wife.
Details...need details! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships