Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 PM

607 posts, read 856,299 times

Advertisements

-Girl in my class

-Never spoke, sat across the room

-She sees me at a bar

-All over me (remember, first time I have spoken to her)

-She gives me her number, tells me we should go out sometime

-I text her the following day, she tells me she already has plans, but we should get dinner

-A week or so later, I ask her out to dinner, she has a boyfriend (looking at FB, they had been going out for a while, even when she saw me at the bar)

-We keep in touch, she breaks up with him, we finally go out to dinner

-She tells me she just wants to be friends for now, since she just broke up with him

-We are getting together again soon

-How do I turn this into FWB? She doesn't like going out to bars much anymore, so getting her drunk might be tough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
-
-How do I turn this into FWB? She doesn't like going out to bars much anymore, so getting her drunk might be tough
FWB implies FRIENDS. Trying to get her drunk so you can take advantage of her isn't exactly how you treat a FRIEND.

So I assume you really don't want anything more than casual sex with her. In that case, just tell her that is all you are interested in.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Um.

Tell her? "How would you like it if we were FWB." Done.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,664,448 times
The problem is, as sixy says, you're not friends. If you were, she'd get drunk in a heartbeat with you, even if it was just on a couch and cuddling. And you'd might then be in a position to do something, now she sees through you like the sea off skiathos and so the ball is completely in her court. She knows everything you want, but you don't know exactly what she wants. That's called power, my friend. So I'd suggest back off a little and let this flow a little bit more organically from her own end.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Tell her you would prefer to just see her for sex instead of taking her on a date because you don't want to actually date her you just want to have sex, I'm sure you will get a quick response.

Last edited by CSD610; 09-22-2012 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Reading the original post I decided my wording was a bit harsh so I changed it.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 PM

607 posts, read 856,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
The problem is, as sixy says, you're not friends. If you were, she'd get drunk in a heartbeat with you, even if it was just on a couch and cuddling. And you'd might then be in a position to do something, now she sees through you like the sea off skiathos and so the ball is completely in her court. She knows everything you want, but you don't know exactly what she wants. That's called power, my friend. So I'd suggest back off a little and let this flow a little bit more organically from her own end.
Thanks, this is helpful.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:53 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
--How do I turn this into FWB? She doesn't like going out to bars much anymore, so getting her drunk might be tough
Oh good grief...

Old 09-22-2012, 02:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I've seen a few of these threads recently.

"How do I get this girl who I barely know into a FWB situation?"

It's like these guys don't even READ the abbreviated phrase!

So, my advice would be to either become friends with her first, get to know her, then express where you want to be, which does take time

Or go to last call in a bar and find a drunk chick to get your jollies off. I'm basically reading these threads like "How do i get a chick to put out real quick?" Drunk or hooker or find someone who wants the same thing.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
"Getting her drunk might be tough?"?????

You realize that is coming awfully close to rape, don't you?

Just keep asking her out, but be halfway decent, for cripes sake. Don't try to take advantage of an incapacitated person just so you can get off.

Have the balls to tell her. If you want to have sex with her, you should at least be able to say so ... out loud.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Tell her you really like her but arent ready for a relationship, then ask if she wants to go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships