Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 AM

44 posts, read 49,089 times

Advertisements

How often do you get complimented by the opposite sex...preferably from a random person? What often do you get complimented about? And, do you think how often one get complimented is a sign of how physically attractive they are?

Also, do you tend to get stared at by a random person of the opposite sex frequently when you're out in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
How often do you get complimented by the opposite sex...preferably from a random person? What often do you get complimented about? And, do you think how often one get complimented is a sign of how physically attractive they are?

Also, do you tend to get stared at by a random person of the opposite sex frequently when you're out in public?
I get Cute and Handsome when I go out occasionally. Both are safe compliments in my opinion. I think its odd though, considering I'm too old to be cute, and Handsome is something your mom says to you.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
From random people I don't know, I get nice smile, I like your clothes, and that I smell good. I don't get compliments like I look good or whatever unless they know me.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,874 times
I am usually told that I have a purty smile.

Call me oblivious but I don't notice if randoms stare at me. I am one of 'those' women who is focused on getting done.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Um, only very occasionally. I think....maybe three times now? Only counting my contemporaries of course. Chinese aunties who go "aiiyyooo....so hansum you ahhhh ...." don't count.

Oh forgot to specify what they noticed, one time I got noticed for my hat, and the other two I can't remember what I got noticed for, since it was over four years ago, but I think it had something to do with features as well.

Last edited by Inebriated Duck; 10-03-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
How often do you get complimented by the opposite sex...preferably from a random person? What often do you get complimented about?
It seems the only time I'm complimented by the opposite sex is if there's alcohol in their system, meaning at clubs/lounges/bars or parties/events. It's really rare that a man approaches me during my daily routine to compliment me.

The compliments tend to gravitate around my whole appearance, meaning my height, figure and attire.

Quote:
And, do you think how often one get complimented is a sign of how physically attractive they are?
I'm undecided on this, but leaning towards yes.

Quote:
I sometimes feel like men are watching me, but I contribute it to my height.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
I mostly get compliments from other ladies, telling me I'm beautiful, have a lovely figure, or complimenting my clothes. And I get stared at a lot by both sexes, but I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm unexpectedly tall.

When the opposite sex compliments me, I generally hear it secondhand from a friend.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Usually when wearing a tie and jacket. On the weekends, never - jeans and t-shirt, I meld in with the rest of the crowd.
I could care less what they think, I only care about what my wife thinks.

Occassionally, and is usually when wearing the tie and jacket and my hair has been shorn by the barbers clippers.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 AM

701 posts, read 1,563,641 times
I get compliments every now and then and they're usually about my smile or my hair. If someone is staring at me, I rarely notice.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

I sometimes feel like men are watching me, but I contribute it to my height.
I always feel like someone is watching me - who can it be? When you come home at night, do you lock the door real tight?

Have you been listening or talking with Weird Al lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships