Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times

Advertisements

Playing the field, as you should
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sometimes the truth is brutal.

When I sent my pictures to a few people to get an opinion, only 1 had anything nice to say. The rest said I was unattractive, mediocre or just plain ugly.

One needs to know where they stand without sugar coating it.

I actually think she's pretty cute, but I'm a chick so my opinion really doesn't matter much.
Yeah, I think she's cute too.

I'm kind of a d*ck. I'll admit that, but I wouldn't tell a random person on the internet that they're ugly. That's f*cked up.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
Oh no, I don't mean like super bad. like I said, she's "pretty", but just generic pretty. better than being ugly.
But let's face it someitmes you actually NEED something that's unattractive to draw a relationship-oriented person, who isn't shallow. Like, I PREFER a big shnoz, or a thicker woman. Most "hot" women aren't even really that SEXUALLY attractive. Like, parts of them are, and someitmes drive you nuts. But like, wholistically, like most of the time, not so much. You're not always in a sexy mood, so a hot girl could be less attractive when you're doing other fun stuff, less of a keeping-the-guy look. Like, for example, a CUTE face is better for that, that kinda face will always remind a man how he feels about her. But even on the just sexual attarctie thing, I go way more nuts over some nice thick curves than any barbie doll.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Oh no, I don't mean like super bad. like I said, she's "pretty", but just generic pretty. better than being ugly.
But let's face it someitmes you actually NEED something that's unattractive to draw a relationship-oriented person, who isn't shallow. Like, I PREFER a big shnoz, or a thicker woman. Most "hot" women aren't even really that SEXUALLY attractive. Like, parts of them are, and someitmes drive you nuts. But like, wholistically, like most of the time, not so much. You're not always in a sexy mood, so a hot girl could be less attractive when you're doing other fun stuff, less of a keeping-the-guy look. Like, for example, a CUTE face is better for that, that kinda face will always remind a man how he feels about her. But even on the just sexual attarctie thing, I go way more nuts over some nice thick curves than any barbie doll.
lol wut

Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Yeah, I think she's cute too.

I'm kind of a d*ck. I'll admit that, but I wouldn't tell a random person on the internet that they're ugly. That's f*cked up.
Well, I've had it happen multiple times, most people are dicks since they're anonymous.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I've had it happen multiple times, most people are dicks since they're anonymous.
Asking anonymous people on a forum for their opinions on things that you're self-conscious about is asking for trouble.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Asking anonymous people on a forum for their opinions on things that you're self-conscious about is asking for trouble.
I'm not necessarily self-conscious about the way I look, I was just sick of people telling me I was pretty with a weird look on their face like they really didn't mean it. I just wanted a few random opinions from people I didn't know. I actually feel more comfortable knowing the 'truth' because I know where I stand.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
No, I can't do any stressful exercises. Because of my genetic disorder I have weak joints and have to stick to very low resistance and low impact exercises. I gravitate towards nautilus equipment and cardio because of that.

I tend to get approached by men at least 30 or so years older than me and my area is FILLED with regular drug users. It's actually ridiculously rare to meet someone who doesn't smoke weed or do other drugs 'casually'. Nearly everyone I know does shrooms, coke or Ecstasy on a semi-regular basis and most of them smoke weed regularly. The ones who don't do drugs want a more 'wholesome' woman which is perfectly understandable.
Well, that settles it JetJockey, it's all about your venue. VENUE VENUE VENUE! You're in white guy/middle class/blue collar hell
I'm in bergen county, very few people here do any of those regular. Maybe more regular weed users than i realize, as i get out more i keep finding them, but frnakly half the people probably just do it when they're out partying and avoid paying for it and wouldn't buy it themselves.

Like I said, depending where tyou are, guys would date you just because you/your story is interesting. hell, i know one girl who married a cantonese guy (which is weird for my and her little ehtnicity), and I was like "wow, that's an odd combo" and she's like "yeah, but it's really interesting, etc." Move to Portland, the Brooklyn of the West Coast. Go to any food truck or foodie event, and start talking to the guys with the hipster glasses and/or beards. Stuff like that. or just venture into LA or your nearest dense city center and go to public parks. make a point of making conversation, you don't have to ask out but at least start a convo.
And the olympic gym thing is a good idea, so find something similar. A lot of gym guys are going to want barbie girlfriends, especially the guys who just lift and eat so they get a little fat, but here and there there are going to be just guys who are just into hobbies/ doing their thing or health, and would be more open to different kinds of girls.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
lol wut
Sorry, it's hard to describe, but the short of it, the typical "attractive" is over-rated. Ain't the kind of look that's going to keep me around.
Like, take cute girls for example. i have a HUGE response to that. Ever seen Zooey Deschanel? UGH! OMG! If i ever met her, I'd fall over and roll over like a dog like they do to say "Pet my belly/give me attention", just be butter in her hands. Not a sexual thing, at least that's the lesser part of it, it's more a romance thing, sort of.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Well, that settles it JetJockey, it's all about your venue. VENUE VENUE VENUE! You're in white guy/middle class/blue collar hell
I'm in bergen county, very few people here do any of those regular. Maybe more regular weed users than i realize, as i get out more i keep finding them, but frnakly half the people probably just do it when they're out partying and avoid paying for it and wouldn't buy it themselves.

Like I said, depending where tyou are, guys would date you just because you/your story is interesting. hell, i know one girl who married a cantonese guy (which is weird for my and her little ehtnicity), and I was like "wow, that's an odd combo" and she's like "yeah, but it's really interesting, etc." Move to Portland, the Brooklyn of the West Coast. Go to any food truck or foodie event, and start talking to the guys with the hipster glasses and/or beards. Stuff like that. or just venture into LA or your nearest dense city center and go to public parks. make a point of making conversation, you don't have to ask out but at least start a convo.
And the olympic gym thing is a good idea, so find something similar. A lot of gym guys are going to want barbie girlfriends, especially the guys who just lift and eat so they get a little fat, but here and there there are going to be just guys who are just into hobbies/ doing their thing or health, and would be more open to different kinds of girls.
I'm actually in negotiations with a place out in Boston for a job... so I've got a few places I could choose from right now. I'm leaning towards Boston or Seattle at this point and I think I'd like to try out the east coast for a bit.

It's a California thing...nearly everyone does drugs of some sort out here, from white collar down to poor college kids. It's funny though, because where I live is one of the most desirable areas in the entire country...many people would do ANYTHING to live where I live and I can't wait to get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships