Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:33 PM

417 posts, read 825,147 times

Advertisements

text this text that! brothers and sisters please pick up the phone!!!!

as for the topic, if he was sick on friday it wouldn't surprise me if he's still sick on sunday. heck, maybe he's got something contagious and figure he can't be bothered. if that's the case, it seems pretty blaze to not let the person waiting in question know. then again, a lot of people would even tell their mom they can't be somewhere 10 minutes prior after a year long promise. what i'm saying is that i think it's inconsiderate, but probably less so depending on time constraints.

on the flip-side, maybe he's getting in a little payback with texting you on the day. or maybe he figures you're going to text him 1st....

i always like to get it clear whose going to be the one to communicate as 'primary' for the above ambiguity reasons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 PM

20 posts, read 47,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminaljusticegrad View Post
text this text that! brothers and sisters please pick up the phone!!!!

as for the topic, if he was sick on friday it wouldn't surprise me if he's still sick on sunday. heck, maybe he's got something contagious and figure he can't be bothered. if that's the case, it seems pretty blaze to not let the person waiting in question know. then again, a lot of people would even tell their mom they can't be somewhere 10 minutes prior after a year long promise. what i'm saying is that i think it's inconsiderate, but probably less so depending on time constraints.

on the flip-side, maybe he's getting in a little payback with texting you on the day. or maybe he figures you're going to text him 1st....

i always like to get it clear whose going to be the one to communicate as 'primary' for the above ambiguity reasons...
well, i texted him like most of the pople here suggested. he texted back saying he would like to see me in the evening, still, no time or where. is it me or this is frustrating?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Just trust that it's gonna happen and don't worry.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 PM

20 posts, read 47,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Just trust that it's gonna happen and don't worry.
Just thought it's a little weird. Just thought it's common courtesy to let the other person know about the plan ahead of time.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
People would have an easier time of arranging dates by ACTUALLY SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER.

Not addressing OBVIOUS important details like when and where just annoys the crap out of me, so I plan on no date. And no, I don't tell him until he CALLS. I largely ignore texts.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameunknown View Post
So after a second date with some guy, he texted me on Tuesday ask if I would be available on Friday night which I reply that I would let him know.

On Friday morning I texted him that I'm available. He didn't reply untill late in the afternoon saying he's sick and ask if he could make it up on Sunday which I reply" that's fine" and hoped him feel better.

He aslo sent me an email on Friday ask me to be his date to a work event next week. I replied his email telling him I couldn't make it to the event, he replied and sounded like he really wanted me to go.

So today is Sunday and we are supposely to have a date. But I didn't hear anything from him. Should I text him to ask if we are on or should I just forget about it and move on?
Do you want me to advise you on how to wipe your toosh too?

Are you kidding me? How can you overthink such a simple matter?

Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM

88 posts, read 128,705 times
Quote:
well, i texted him like most of the pople here suggested. he texted back saying he would like to see me in the evening, still, no time or where. is it me or this is frustrating?
Maybe it would be less frustrating if you actually talked to him and not get things lost in translation through text. Anyway that is annoying though if I were in your shoes, almost like you have to pull teeth to get details about the date.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:58 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I would be frustrated if he didn't give me the detail for tonight yet said the date was still a go. Let us know what happened.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
People would have an easier time of arranging dates by ACTUALLY SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER.

Not addressing OBVIOUS important details like when and where just annoys the crap out of me, so I plan on no date. And no, I don't tell him until he CALLS. I largely ignore texts.
Texting's annoying.

I remember a member writing up a thread about how texting is another convenient way of increasing one's odds. Assuming this is true, chances are, he probably has his own dating latter theory and is recycling a list of girls most available at a convenient time, according to where he prioritizes her?

But, I'd understand his frustrations with the last minute text thing. Sometimes people gotta meet halfway and consider the other person similarly as so.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
So after a second date with some guy, he texted me on Tuesday ask if I would be available on Friday night which I reply that I would let him know.

On Friday morning I texted him that I'm available. He didn't reply untill late in the afternoon saying he's sick and ask if he could make it up on Sunday which I reply" that's fine" and hoped him feel better.

He aslo sent me an email on Friday ask me to be his date to a work event next week. I replied his email telling him I couldn't make it to the event, he replied and sounded like he really wanted me to go.

So today is Sunday and we are supposely to have a date. But I didn't hear anything from him. Should I text him to ask if we are on or should I just forget about it and move on?
I think since you are not interested in this guy, you should stop stringing him along and tell him the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships