Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times

Advertisements

As long as he finds himself attractive/sexy and doesn't have any body image issues with his weight

Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm moving to Boston for a job, but hopefully the dating prospects will be a bit better

I'm waiting for some drug test forms so I can get tested before I move (it's an airport thing) so after I get the go ahead I can really start planning
Congratulations on the Job.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
As long as he finds himself attractive/sexy and doesn't have any body image issues with his weight
Kind of hard to be fat and not have those issues..........you can't spend your life being treated as if you're undesirable but be oblivious to how women react to you.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
When I tried the dating scene again, I put in the yahoo personals (that's where I met my present wife!) that I was 5'7" and around 285. I got a reply from an young lady about 25 miles away that she would never date anyone that big. I told her that was her loss!
A little humor about my weight. My ex and I, when we were still married, were with some friends. He is a little bigger than I am but also over 6' so it doesn't look quite so bad on him. We started joking about our weight and I said I was following doctors orders. He told me to watch my weight and I was getting it where I could see it. Then my friend came up with that old joke about big men were building a "tool" shed. When I laughed and agreed with him, my wife leaned over and whispered "you overbuilt!" Always good to have family support like that. lol
Um... why did she reply if she wasn't interested? That's what I would have told her.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
I find that people who make these generalized statements are so far outa touch with people its not even funny. I know most are trolls, reading a story somewhere and then bringing it here to try and start up more traffic on CD, but, how demeaning some of these supposed questions, info threads are. They never stop to think how their so called innocent questions affect so many people negatively. I feel really sorry that some people's intellect lies so low in the realm of reality that they think they are just creating little info threads and no one should be offended. they should all be taken back to kindegarten for sensitivity training.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Yep, in a heartbeat. I love a big tall man.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
I think lilac had it right on page one, it is instinctive to attempt to attain the best mate possible and in life what you usually see is that people tend to date to their own level.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Um... why did she reply if she wasn't interested? That's what I would have told her.
That's the problem with online dating. On my profile I stated I was not open to dads or divorced men in general and the nasty messages came. Why people respond when it doesn't apply to them is something that makes no sense.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
I find that people who make these generalized statements are so far outa touch with people its not even funny. I know most are trolls, reading a story somewhere and then bringing it here to try and start up more traffic on CD, but, how demeaning some of these supposed questions, info threads are. They never stop to think how their so called innocent questions affect so many people negatively. I feel really sorry that some people's intellect lies so low in the realm of reality that they think they are just creating little info threads and no one should be offended. they should all be taken back to kindegarten for sensitivity training.
The number one fact of the internet is this. People say things here that they wouldn't say in real life.

The number two 'fact' about the internet is that everyone on the internet is absolutely "perfect" They have the "perfect" job, "perfect" body, "perfect" life. As a result these people believe that they are entitled to the perfect mate and the best of everything. The thing is though that the people with those long lists of requirements looking for the perfect person are the ones who are farthest away from perfection themselves most of the time.

I remember a thread that was made titled does everyone deserve a partner. When I seen the title of the thread my mind got to thinking about all of the f'd up people out there who managed to find a partner. Abusive people get into relationships, felons get into relationships, homeless people get into relationships, drug dealers, drug addicts, you name it. And when you think about it you realize that deserves has nothing to do with it. If someone were to say does everyone deserve a quality partner than the answer would be a resounding no obviously. But as far as does everyone deserve a partner, unless a criteria is created as to what to base who is deserving upon throw that word out the window. You don't have to be in perfect shape, you can dress like a slob, you don't have to look like Channing Tatum or Megan Fox, you don't have to be under 25. You don't have to even be freshly groomed. You don't have to have a high paying job. You don't have to even have a damn home of your own, because somewhere out there there is someone who will want to be with you. Hard to believe as it is for most people but I have seen this for myself given the environment I've grown up in and places I have worked in the pass.

But the worse thing about these forums are the know-it-alls. Dear god, not only do they make gross generalizations about every living human being on the planet but act like scorned 3-yr olds when you have an opinion of your own that just happens to conflict with theirs. Seriously aren't we all adults here? Can't we accept that other people have opinions of their own without the anger.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

The number two 'fact' about the internet is that everyone on the internet is absolutely "perfect" They have the "perfect" job, "perfect" body, "perfect" life. As a result these people believe that they are entitled to the perfect mate and the best of everything. The thing is though that the people with those long lists of requirements looking for the perfect person are the ones who are farthest away from perfection themselves most of the time.

I think you are about 15 years behind.

Just from this site alone, plenty of us discuss being overweight, unattractive, unemployed, under employed, etc. The Net has become closer to just another part of life, rather than a pretend Second Life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships