Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Again, no one is telling you to "settle." We're just pointing out that you will probably die unmarried and alone because you have so many requirements for what you want AND you have the unappealing trait of bashing people because they don't meet those requirements. Come on, IDDY, you're in your 40s. By now you should be familiar with the term "live and let live." If you are really okay with the prospect of remaining unmarried, you wouldn't feel the need to say over and over and over again that you refuse to settle. Your defensiveness about it speaks volumes. Methinks thou dost protest too much.
I just hope the marriage will be good. Otherwise there will be one more frustrated woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I just hope the marriage will be good. Otherwise there will be one more frustrated woman.
You mean frustrated man, and then divorced woman.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:02 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
I dunno. The man won't be on cd but the woman will. I wonder how she expects marriage to be with all her standards....

Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Every saint has a past, every sinner a future. Something to ponder when you look down on those who've divorced. Also, there is often a reason or series of reasons why a marriage failed. So, yes, there are times when it best to part and move forward. Most of the time it is no ones business but those who were once married to each other.
Thank you!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
If more people had standards we would see less divorce. Actually divorce is my business if I was dating the person.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If more people had standards we would see less divorce. Actually divorce is my business if I was dating the person.

You may feel that it is important to know WHETHER someone was divorced, and I can understand that. But you are not entitled to the details of anyone's prior relationships. The details are their business, and if they choose to share them with you, that's one thing, but they don't owe you or anyone else outside of that marriage any explanations. If I were a divorced man, I wouldn't even bother with you once you make your requirements known. I would just say, "Well, nice knowing you," and let you figure it out.

ETA: Trust me, plenty of divorced people have standards. It takes two to make or break a marriage. The reality is that you cannot control what your spouse does. People change. To imply in any way that not having standards is a character flaw inherent in divorced people is not only arrogant, it's stupid. Quite a few people are divorced BECAUSE they have standards.

You haven't had many relationships, have you?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You may feel that it is important to know WHETHER someone was divorced, and I can understand that. But you are not entitled to the details of anyone's prior relationships. The details are their business, and if they choose to share them with you, that's one thing, but they don't owe you or anyone else outside of that marriage any explanations. If I were a divorced man, I wouldn't even bother with you once you make your requirements known. I would just say, "Well, nice knowing you," and let you figure it out.
When dating a divorced person that person needs to know why they divorced, to avoid warning signs. When I dated a few divorced men I always found out why they divorced and all of them were to blame.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I thought you wouldn't date a divorced person... If so it is none of your business, still.

I have standards. High standards. That is why I divorced. Why, when I remarried the set of mistakes that happened the first time around were not going to happen again.

It is why I married someone who was smarter, more articulate, and total different class. I upgraded in a major huge fashion.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:37 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
The never married type are usually well preserved...If you are divorced...you might be out of your league...the never married type are usually smarter than the - lets get married type and lets screw it up type.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I thought you wouldn't date a divorced person... If so it is none of your business, still.

I have standards. High standards. That is why I divorced. Why, when I remarried the set of mistakes that happened the first time around were not going to happen again.

It is why I married someone who was smarter, more articulate, and total different class. I upgraded in a major huge fashion.
If I dated one it would be my business. However I don't date divorced people so do not care why they divorced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships