Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Average female height in the US is 5'3" so you cut out a huge number of women straight off the bat. You need to drop the female search height to about 5 feet tall to properly compareto men.
Keep the height where you want it to be. Lots of women aren't dropping their height criteria to 5'4 to get the full gamut of adult men lol. Do what you want, go after what you prefer. Broaden your horizons only if you want to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Keep the height where you want it to be. Lots of women aren't dropping their height criteria to 5'4 to get the full gamut of adult men lol. Do what you want, go after what you prefer. Broaden your horizons only if you want to
this advice is wasted on a woman like me.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
this advice is wasted on a woman like me.
That's okay by me That wasn't for you, it was for the OP. I didn't agree with your advice.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
That's okay by me That wasn't for you, it was for the OP. I didn't agree with your advice.
I think the OP was trying to compare the number of men to the number of women on a dating site.

If so, then the suggestion to lower the height requirement was a sound one since men are, generally, taller than women.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
I hate POF. I really do. Guys with penis shots as their main pic keep viewing my profile and they have the ugliest most disgusting looking penises ever! Why do they even bother showing them off?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I hate POF. I really do. Guys with penis shots as their main pic keep viewing my profile and they have the ugliest most disgusting looking penises ever! Why do they even bother showing them off?
Not that its disgusting it should be about the way it works

Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
That's horrible. Women would tell me this stuff and I wouldn't believe it (and I wouldn't want to check either). At worse, you'll see women showing off their cleavage, but what offends me the most are the angle shots and women putting "average" when they're clearly obese. I know guys lie about their height and I heard the stories, but I wouldn't exaggerate on my profile. It's refreshing to hear in person "you look exactly how you look online, that's a relief" which is usually followed by some crazed psycho story.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Such pics are not even allowed on POF. I used that site several times, and never saw such pictures.

This is from the site.

"Images with nudity, bare torsos, cartoons, celebrities, trademarks, joke pictures or images that do not show your face are not allowed. To learn more about inappropriate images, please click here.

If you upload inappropriate images, your uploading abilities will be disabled. "

Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Such pics are not even allowed on POF. I used that site several times, and never saw such pictures.
I understand that nude pics aren't allowed, but apparently no one is checking these profiles and enforcing the rules. I would have to actually view the profile to click the link to report them and EWW, I'm not doing that! I just block them if they write to me, but if they only view me, I can't block them.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
My minimum height requirement is 5'5" as I'm 5'4" and would like to date someone taller than me. But since it was mentioned a couple of times, I went back and took the height requirement out to see how that changed the female side of things.

For my basic list, it went from 102 to 239 vs 537 men. Adding in the income range of $35k-$75k changed it from 38 to 78 women vs 188 men. Adding undecided/open about kids and having no kids went from 3 women to 9 vs 59 men.

And then just for grins, I decided to see how many were interested in just dating. No height requirement on either side and I came up with 1 woman and 27 men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships