Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

several posters.

and if it's just based on race, then I really have no hope. I can't change my race. Black men don't seem interested either. So as a black woman I guess my destiny is a house full of cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
According to who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
re: the chase

think of it like a tennis match. you hit the ball back-and-forth. don't expect the guy to just keep lobbing tennis balls at you as they bounce past. i notice this happens a lot in movies and books, but not insofar as real life is concerned.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Ok, a branch of my other thread: Guys, can you tell me what type of woman you hope to meet when you decide to talk to her?

Me, cept with a vagina

What do you want her to talk about?

Me.

Do you care if she has a job, car, home, etc?

Yeah, I'm in my 20s

Does it matter what she's wearing?

Just something not trashy.

What kinds of body language do you pick up on?

Her eye-******* me

What signals do you hope to read from her?

If she wants the D

What makes you decide if you want to pursue her as a potential GF?

She's me with a vagina

What things about her would intimidate you?

No female intimidates Me

Do you like it when you have to chase her?

hahahahahahahaha, no, I chase no woman

How do you decide if she's playing hard to get or really interested?

if I sense games being played at all, then bye

Maybe some answers to these questions would give me insight if I'm the problem? I will try to ask some guys at work I know if they have any answers as well.

thanks!!!

Glad I could help.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
I can't change my race. Black men don't seem interested either. So as a black woman I guess my destiny is a house full of cats.
Why do you think black men aren't interested in you? Sorry for stereotyping, but a trait more typical of black people is their directness, which is a great attribute in my book. If you give a black guy the "green light," I'm assuming he'd follow up. What's it like in Denver? I've heard women are in the driver's seat there. Is that true? Or is that just for specific niches? (I couldn't imagine the granola girls in Boulder being in the driver's seat).

Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Yup. And you can see how well that advice is working, judging by the current crop of threads/posts about white guys either not approaching or not hanging around. That and 8 years without....

Oh well. Even when guys try and answer women's questions they still don't get it.

Maybe we should just tell the women what they want to hear?
They're still way to many women on CD that'll just tell her that it's only natural for men to approach. In her situation, she needs to think outside of the box.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
several posters.

and if it's just based on race, then I really have no hope. I can't change my race. Black men don't seem interested either. So as a black woman I guess my destiny is a house full of cats.
How do you know black men aren't interested? Have you date one recently? There has to be men that are interested in you.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
How do you know black men aren't interested? Have you date one recently? There has to be men that are interested in you.

Black men, out of all races of men, are the ones who place OTHER races of women on a higher pedestal than their own. Like another poster kind of hinted on (I think it was Mandavaran..or something like that); it may not be the PC thing to say, and Im sure on CD I will get all the people mad that I say that. But when you get off the internet and step into the real world, that's the way it is. Not EVERY black man, of course. But a lot of them. I almost lose respect for them.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM

121 posts, read 121,460 times
Quote:
several posters.

Only if you don't approach.

More and more of us white guys have just flat out quit pursuing women. Note the threads and comments in this forum, and various articles calling us "peter pans" etc.

Here are the choices for the women here and anywhere else frustrated about being alone.

1) Pursue--you do the approaching. You seem to want the relationship more. Guys such as myself, well, we don't. We couldn't care less.

2) Get played. Players play. Hunters hunt. Wait around to be hunted, and you will be. And he will move right on to the next one.

3) Cats. Self explanatory.

I have come to the conclusion that women have overplayed their hand and are not worth the effort and time. Judging by what I am seeing around the internet and hearing in "real" life, I am not the only one who has reached this conclusion.

But, there will be women here who insist on winning this arguement about how men should be the pursuer, etc. and wonder why they are alone.

But they sure won that internet arguement.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Black men, out of all races of men, are the ones who place OTHER races of women on a higher pedestal than their own. Like another poster kind of hinted on (I think it was Mandavaran..or something like that); it may not be the PC thing to say, and Im sure on CD I will get all the people mad that I say that. But when you get off the internet and step into the real world, that's the way it is. Not EVERY black man, of course. But a lot of them. I almost lose respect for them.
Girl, what real world do you live in? In realville where I live, most black men are like other men. They like whatever turns them on. None of the black men that I've met in my life put white women or any woman for that matter on a pedestal, unless it's their moms. Hell, the white and hispanic guys I know don't put any woman on a pedestal. The black men that you're meeting who put white women on a pedestal are not the majority and they probably have some self hate going on.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Only if you don't approach.

More and more of us white guys have just flat out quit pursuing women. Note the threads and comments in this forum, and various articles calling us "peter pans" etc.

Here are the choices for the women here and anywhere else frustrated about being alone.

1) Pursue--you do the approaching. You seem to want the relationship more. Guys such as myself, well, we don't. We couldn't care less.

2) Get played. Players play. Hunters hunt. Wait around to be hunted, and you will be. And he will move right on to the next one.

3) Cats. Self explanatory.

I have come to the conclusion that women have overplayed their hand and are not worth the effort and time. Judging by what I am seeing around the internet and hearing in "real" life, I am not the only one who has reached this conclusion.

But, there will be women here who insist on winning this arguement about how men should be the pursuer, etc. and wonder why they are alone.

But they sure won that internet arguement.
This man speaks the truth. It's up to ladies. As I've said before, you control whether you're in a relationship or not. Approach men; you're not going to die if you do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships