Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well, I would just realize he isn't the last man in the world. Maybe if you to do nothing but become friends and hang out and do things with one another outside of with your parents you can feel socially 'better' about spending time with the opposite sex.

I used to work with a girl, who come to think of it, reminds me a bit of you. She actually had never had a boyfriend and I think when I worked with her she was 42. She was a Christian girl, Southern Baptist like me. She still lived with her parents and acted like a little old church lady.

She had gained quite a bit of weight and then lost a lot of it and started feeling better about herself, and bought some new clothes outside of her turtlenecks with Christmas trees on them and mom jeans and Christmas tree socks and red sweater vest.

She was supposed to go on a date once but her father ended up not letting her.

I kinda felt bad for her. She had nothing but work and church and her parents. Those things are all wonderful, but the part I felt bad about was her future.

Having lost both of my parents in my 20's, I know life is not endless. What will this girl do when she loses her parents? I have no earthly idea. She couldn't even drive when it rained!

Well I haven't seen her in about 3 years, so I don't know if or how her life may have changed...
Well I am religious but have had experience and am not overweight at all. In fact I like hot really and at the party on Saturday men were staring at me. I am hoping to hang out with him and take it from there because when he have been without any parents sparks flew. We were playing darts and he grabbed my hand and looked in my eyes.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't consider it withholding sex, I consider it getting to know the person before being intimate.
But an important part of getting to know someone is discovering whether you and they are sexually compatible. The message we get from our sex-negative culture is that sex shouldn't be that important, that emotional attachment is what really matters. Lost in that message is the fact sex is a major way through which we establish emotional attachment to others.

Your life is your own. You have every right to hold off on sex if you choose. But consider that not every man who balks at delayed sex is a player just out for a booty call. Your choice may drive away decent men who simply see sex as a normal, healthy, joyful part of making a connection with someone, and don't want to do without it.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
But an important part of getting to know someone is discovering whether you and they are sexually compatible. The message we get from our sex-negative culture is that sex shouldn't be that important, that emotional attachment is what really matters. Lost in that message is the fact sex is a major way through which we establish emotional attachment to others.

Your life is your own. You have every right to hold off on sex if you choose. But consider that not every man who balks at delayed sex is a player just out for a booty call. Your choice may drive away decent men who simply see sex as a normal, healthy, joyful part of making a connection with someone, and don't want to do without it.
Decent men also wait until their partner is ready, mind and body. If they're a decent person, sex will happen at the right time, when both parties are ready. If he tries to force it too early, he's not a decent man. If he truly likes me, he'll wait until I'm ready and won't push it.

As I've mentioned, I do get emotionally attached during sex, which is why I'm not going around having sex with random men just to see if we're compatible. Why would I let myself get emotionally attached to someone only to have it ripped away when he decides to go bang another woman?

Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Men have ZERO problems waiting for women they really like

Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
I wonder if Susan Powell made Josh Powell wait.

I bet she did...

Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:

Not a problem. But you men cant even wait a month or something? (just threw out a random number). Look, sexual compatibility is very important to me also, that is why I could never wait until marriage.

However, I want to get to know someone a bit before jumping into bed with them. Because at the end of the day, a man can have a good time sexually with a woman...but that wont make him stay with her will it? A guy can seperate sex from love easily. and he may have sex with a woman and like it, but that wont make him want to be her man. This is why I think women espescially need to be cautious here, because some of us women can have sex and will feel even more of a connection to a guy, whereas the guy will just think, "thanks, that was awesome. See ya". So because a woman can be more emotional about sex, it just makes since to me that they should be a bit more cautious about jumping into the sack. Both men and women need to think with the head on their shoulders FIRST.

Is it so wrong for people to make sure they click, and that they are interested enough in each other to want to continue dating before they hump each other? Hey, people can do what they want. If ya wanna screw each other on the first date on top of a table in a restaurant, that is your choice.
Hey, there are no shortage of men that would be more than willing to pump and dump. However, no matter how long you take trying to get to know each other, I realize there are no guarantees.

However, I like to do what I can to improve the odds. And I think not rushing improves those odds. It's worked for me.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Decent men also wait until their partner is ready, mind and body. If they're a decent person, sex will happen at the right time, when both parties are ready. If he tries to force it too early, he's not a decent man. If he truly likes me, he'll wait until I'm ready and won't push it.
I'm sorry, but that just isn't fair. The fact a man isn't willing to submit to your sexual rules doesn't mean he isn't decent. It just means he may sense you and he are not sexuality compatible.

I have an ex-girlfriend who is a wonderful person, a great friend to this day. But she simply has a very low sex drive (at least compared to mine). We were just not good match sexually. We split up for that reason. But both of us are decent people. Again, I think you have bought into some sex-negative ideas. We human beings are risen apes, not fallen angels. Sex is a basic drive, and desiring it makes us normal, not indecent.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that just isn't fair. The fact a man isn't willing to submit to your sexual rules doesn't mean he isn't decent. It just means he may sense you and he are not sexuality compatible.

I have an ex-girlfriend who is a wonderful person, a great friend to this day. But she simply has a very low sex drive (at least compared to mine). We were just not good match sexually. We split up for that reason. But both of us are decent people. Again, I think you have bought into some sex-negative ideas. We human beings are risen apes, not fallen angels. Sex is a basic drive, and desiring it makes us normal, not indecent.
Isn't fair? Life isn't fair. I'm not going to allow random men to have sex with me because otherwise it just isn't 'fair'.

I have an incredibly high sex drive, but I also have a brain and I know that there are certain risks I'm not willing to take. I'm not willing to get HPV or herpes or other STDs and I'm not willing to risk pregnancy (I was a birth control baby, just fyi, so it does fail here and there) with someone I hardly know.

A decent man waits until his partner wants to have sex, he doesn't put his foot down and say 'ME MAN GIVE ME SEX' because he wants it. Like I said, I get emotionally attached to men I have sex with and casual sex gives me zero satisfaction so why would I continue doing something that in no way pleases me?

My opinions on sex are based on what I've felt in the past, not based on any religion nor do I plan on waiting until marriage. I simply want to wait to have sex with someone I genuinely feel affection for and would like to continue having sex with for a good long time.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Isn't fair? Life isn't fair. I'm not going to allow random men to have sex with me because otherwise it just isn't 'fair'.

I have an incredibly high sex drive, but I also have a brain and I know that there are certain risks I'm not willing to take. I'm not willing to get HPV or herpes or other STDs and I'm not willing to risk pregnancy (I was a birth control baby, just fyi, so it does fail here and there) with someone I hardly know.

A decent man waits until his partner wants to have sex, he doesn't put his foot down and say 'ME MAN GIVE ME SEX' because he wants it. Like I said, I get emotionally attached to men I have sex with and casual sex gives me zero satisfaction so why would I continue doing something that in no way pleases me?

My opinions on sex are based on what I've felt in the past, not based on any religion nor do I plan on waiting until marriage. I simply want to wait to have sex with someone I genuinely feel affection for and would like to continue having sex with for a good long time.
Men often don't get it because we are the ones who take bigger chances. We are the one who may become pregnant and I would hope he would stick around but not all men do.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Men often don't get it because we are the ones who take bigger chances. We are the one who may become pregnant and I would hope he would stick around but not all men do.
It seems to be very contradictory. On one hand men want a woman who doesn't 'give it up' right away because then they'll be labeled easy, but then they get irritated when a woman doesn't give it up right away. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

From my experience, most men will run away very quickly if they find out they got their girlfriend (or even wife in a few cases) pregnant leaving her to raise the kid by herself.

There are just certain things I'm not willing to risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships