Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It is my business when I pay for their choice.
You pay for many things in your taxes that you don't believe in or support. You have no control over it so focus your attention on things you can change.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You pay for many things in your taxes that you don't believe in or support. You have no control over it so focus your attention on things you can change.
Actually I do have control over paying for their choice. I am tired of it and I will continue to speak out against this immorality.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Actually I do have control over paying for their choice. I am tired of it and I will continue to speak out against this immorality.
Speak out as much as you want, no-one will pay any attention to you. It's none of your business who other people sleep with. It's none of your business if they get pregnant. And guess what, you have NO control over it. Go preach your "immorality" chorus to the choir.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Exactly!
Quote:
How, pray tell, do you have control? You can speak out all you want, but actions more words are more important. If you alienate everyone around you to the point that you're ignored what good are doing? Never mind the fact that many do take responsibility for their actions.

Why should the government legislate morality?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Because I am tired of paying for people on welfare who had kids they couldn't afford. That's why it is my business who people sleep with because I am tired of paying for this.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Because I am tired of paying for people on welfare who had kids they couldn't afford. That's why it is my business who people sleep with because I am tired of paying for this.
Sounds like something you should talk to your politicians about.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
I'm tired of paying for people who decided to get married. Since married people get tax breaks I am forced to pay for their share.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:23 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
What are you going to do about it? I love the whole "I'm a taxpayer, I pay your wage." To a point. However, so does everyone else. So a whole $2.00 of all you pay in taxes might actually be your share of the wage.

So by extension, that same logic can be applied towards every other government program.

Besides, I thought compassion, not judgment was part of faith.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Some people make mistakes, they get pregnant on accident. Some people even get pregnant when they did use protection. It happens. And that's why there are programs to make sure when it does happen those people aren't out on the street. It's called compassion.

I'm so sick of people like you up on their high horses preaching about morality and accountability. You need a reality check. And I don't mean this to be insulting but I just read on another thread you are 41. And yet you expect a never married guy with no kids who is fine waiting until marriage for sex?? Yet he must also be good looking, have a great job, etc. etc. The man you are looking for doesn't exist. And I bet a lot of guys never married with no kids will pass you over because they'll think you're too old to have children. You don't seem to mind preaching and insulting everyone else, so I don't really feel too bad. Why don't you take your attitude over to the election board, there are a lot of like minded people over there who I'm sure would agree with your 1950's philosophies.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
In the whole scheme of who gets tax money, single parents are actually very low on that scale. A mere 13% is spent on social programs for low income people. They're hardly breaking the bank.

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships