Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 AM

290 posts, read 567,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
I think you're un-supportive because you've known everything entailed with his lifestyle, yet question his intend or the lack of. You see the cup half empty in this relationship already. You're asking for more. Which you're entitled to..but rather selfish.

Whats going in your life? Why so much time on your hands? Where's your friends?? wheres your family?? Wheres your career???

Bottom line: This is what you signed up for. Make a decisions now..its all part of the package..maybe just not the right one for you now
I'm not complaining about him spending a day with me a week. I'm just questioning how often he contacts me which doesn't take alot of time to do even with a busy schedule.

I have a great career. I save peoples lives. I work 12 hours a day, 4-5 times a week. I have family and friends I spend time with. I'm not focus on this guy alone. Like I said there are other guys I hang out with. I also do community work and volunteer. I'm active with church too. With my real busy schedule, I still can fit in to do all these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 AM

601 posts, read 758,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I question because like what others on this forum said, a guy whose really into someone would give alot of time and attention to someone they like. Im just curious how often someone calls somebody they really like. I never complained to him about "lack of attention" or about anything. Why? because i know the nature of his career and I understand hes a busy guy. What I'm trying to figure out is if hes into me or not base on how much time he gives to me.
well to answer that you need to differentiate his ambitions vs reality..
I date people whom I enjoy spending time with but my schedule doesnt afford me ..thats reality to adult life. We all have dreams,ambitions , intends but we have to keep things in perspective within our means. What we want isnt always what we get..Thats the Name of the game.

So to answer your question, a man could have every intention with you, but if his time cant afford it..has nothing to do with his liking in you..Most people who say otherwise are really people with too much time on their hands..

Try keeping your self bit busy with other things..questions like these typically lead to more questions and eventually doubt..but i assure you..its really adult life

Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 AM

it's not something I or most career minded people need in our life..Even if it s a phone call every day.. Too much..Can you imagine being on location, or flying a plane, working in an ER..just too much..you gotta figure out where you are with yourself..

its not much to you to pick up a phone and ring someone but when the rest of the work world is asking of you..every second counts

Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 AM

Short answer..Dont take things so personal..Chill

Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Whenever I feel like it.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:13 PM

140 posts, read 86,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Glad somebody said it.

Workaholics place work as their top priority. Their primary love is work, not you.

Consider this when thinking about being with one.
YES... has anyone seen my very long thread? That guy said to my face "Work is my priority, not you, and will be for years to come." yet I have his exact same high-powered demanding kind of job, and I made him a priority. Meanwhile he missed his own buddys going away party on a weekend night because he wanted to "work some more on a presentation." and fed me excuses about someday when he has kids, that will be his priority. As if. He woudln't even look up from his work for 5-10 minutes to come to bed with me.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:28 PM

565 posts, read 432,996 times
As often as I please. If that's not good enough, she can get lost.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
YES... has anyone seen my very long thread? That guy said to my face "Work is my priority, not you, and will be for years to come." yet I have his exact same high-powered demanding kind of job, and I made him a priority. Meanwhile he missed his own buddys going away party on a weekend night because he wanted to "work some more on a presentation." and fed me excuses about someday when he has kids, that will be his priority. As if. He woudln't even look up from his work for 5-10 minutes to come to bed with me.
Well, at least you know he won't make time for his buddies either. I would be furious if work is more important but then he hangs out with his friends.

Nothing you can do about it - accept it or leave. At least he was honest.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:02 PM

186 posts, read 157,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
The dude I'm seeing for about five months treats me well when were together. He pays for expensive dates (never lets me pay even I offer). We say we like spending time together. When we talk we say we miss each other. I see him once a week. He seems to be into me and like me but he doesn't call or text often. Maybe once or twice a week.

He works 10 hours a day. He just got promoted as a senior engineer. He's also part of the management. There's only one person above him and hes targeting to be in that position someday. He's so into what he does for a living.

If you like someone, how often do you call or text the person you like? Do you call/text everyday even you have a busy schedule? Just wondering.
And how often do you text him?
(and I do not mean reply to his texts, but take the initiative yourself to text him)

Old 12-11-2015, 03:17 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
Certain jobs force you to work long hours, and it's not a question of priority. If your in certain healthcare fields, law, investment banking, etc. you don't control your hours. That's why many end up marrying a spouse in their field because they have the same schedule and understand the demands/ limited free time/ late hours.

In your case the guy straight up told you that he was making work a priority over you. It also seems like he chose to devote his "free" time to work over you or his friends. That is an obvious sign of where you stand in his life priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships