Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

I am aiming this at women though I suppose this happens to men too. However so many women I know repeat this pattern: they go out with a guy and then they sleep with him. They wait for his call only to find out he was just using her as a booty call. Now I know people who slept together on a first date and got married but am not talking about them. The fact is some people are only interested in sex and not relationships but they lie.

I was thinking of this as I read another thread and it reminded me of a movie I saw long ago. This woman slept with this man and got pregnant. When she had the baby he had married another woman and had nothing to do with her kid. This guy later had kids with his wife while he ignored his child by the other woman.

The fact is I have been used by men with regards to sex and it still angers me that I didn't realize it. It stinks when you see the man you think you are dating marrying someone else. So as a result I have vowed to be celibate until marriage or at least engagement.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
I wish more people would think like you. I think society plays with sex too much and too many problems manifest from it. The only positive for most people in living this way is momentary satisfaction without thinking of consequences. I always watch the Maury show to remind myself about the consequences of fullfilling an impulse.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The fact is I have been used by men with regards to sex and it still angers me that I didn't realize it. It stinks when you see the man you think you are dating marrying someone else. So as a result I have vowed to be celibate until marriage or at least engagement.
I think you should do what's right for you. I've never felt like I was used, but I did sometimes feel like I was obligated to be physical with guys after a certain amount of time had passed even though it wasn't necessarily what I wanted. So my goal for the future is not to do that anymore and only do things when I want to, whenever the time comes.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,698 times
Use Protection! At least until marriage.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
To play Devils advocate, How do you explain the people who are in LTRs, married, have kids, etc who slept with each other "early"?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think you should do what's right for you. I've never felt like I was used, but I did sometimes feel like I was obligated to be physical with guys after a certain amount of time had passed even though it wasn't necessarily what I wanted. So my goal for the future is not to do that anymore and only do things when I want to, whenever the time comes.

I have to agree with this. Do what makes you feel comfortable in the moment. You could wait months or a year to sleep with a guy, and he can still leave you. When a person has sex in a relationship is not a barometer on how long the relationship will last.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
People can become sexually intimate whenever they feel that it is right for them, but there's definitely something to be said for not feeling like the prescribed natural order is to sleep with somebody right away, whether you're feeling it or not. It also depends on what both parties are looking for. If they mutually are looking for things at that level and aren't so concerned that it blossom into a serious long-term relationship that's deeper than just sex, then, no, it's not going to matter as much. Mutually being the key term. And of course there are long, lasting relationship that started with intimacy early on...but it shouldn't just be a default. People shouldn't feel as if they're "supposed" to be having sex with a new person by X time. They should let things unfold at a natural pace that suits them.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,765,692 times
If the woman wants sex too, by all means, she should enjoy herself.

If she's having sex with a guy in hopes of keeping his interest, well, that's probably an indicator she has other problems.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am aiming this at women though I suppose this happens to men too.
You "suppose" this happens to men too??

Who do you think all the "hussies" you're trying to shame are sleeping with?

ALL PEOPLE should consider their actions carefully.

Including you, OP. THINK before you post.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,620,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
If the woman wants sex too, by all means, she should enjoy herself.

If she's having sex with a guy in hopes of keeping his interest, well, that's probably an indicator she has other problems.
Gotta agree. Sometimes all is "ok" and sex is great so you keep at it till all else is great, doesn't work all the time.

Age has alot to do with it also. My views at 40 are much different than they were at 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships