Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
What should have you done?

You should have you done stopped deciding to go up to women that are decorative but have no conversation. The fact that the convo sputtered to nothing was not YOUR fault. She couldn't hit back the ball conversationally.

She decided to leave with an idiot because she didn't have to think at all with an idiot. What does that tell you about her as a person?

I get approached a lot. I LOVE the nervous ones. I treat them with humor and tender loving care, and get them so involved with telling me about themselves that they forget to be nervous. But if you ever meet a woman like me, I wouldn't leave with you anyway. I would never leave with a guy I met in a bar. It's just not a thing I would do.
Ah yes, so the woman is the idiot because he couldn't engage her in conversation.
It says nothing about her as a woman.
Because the OP said that the other guy was an idiot, he is?
Sounds like sour grapes and you're buying into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss_Ter View Post
What should have I done?
Kept talking to her. Asked her about herself/work/interests. Seriously, you need to ask? Clamming up and staring at her in awe is not a winning move. Women like that get tired of guys becoming tongue-tied.

Your story is a perfect example of why the "league" thing is bogus. She walked off with an average-looking dork. Congratulations.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM

410 posts, read 515,062 times
Quote:
Short story short.
A while ago I was in a club chatting up a woman. She was magnificent, every single guy in the bar couldn’t get their eyes off her. But you know what, I actually went to her and had something funny to tell her. She laughed. Luck was on my side.

But, as the discussion went on, I started to get more and more stressed and unconfident and in the end I was just looking at her, kind of hypnotized by her.

Afterwards, a stupid guy came up saying really stupid ****. I was just there, witnessing this thing happening right under my nose, and I was petrified, couldn’t make a move or say something.

Then she stopped talking to me altogether and left with the other guy, leaving me alone and stupid.
This has kinda shocked me psychologically and I am ready to do everything I can to not be humiliated like this again.
Where shall I start? Have you already experienced that kind of situations? What should have I done?
You aren't the only one. Happens to me everytime I try.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:41 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
One time at a bar, I went up to these two girls and offered to buy them a drink.

They took the drinks and then when I was trying to chat them up, answered curtly in one word responses and barely even looked in my direction when responding.

So I walked away.

MAYBE 15 minutes later, some other guy came up to the bar and they were all laughing and getting super friendly with him. And they didn't know him, because I heard him come up and introduce.

They were two pretty average looking white gals. There's more stories just like it.
And I have a similar story from the opposite perspective.

Once upon a time, I was out dancing with some friends and I decided that I wanted a drink. On my way to the bar, I got stopped by a man who told me that he had been "watching me all night" (creepy) and liked my dancing (I'm not a terribly good dancer, but whatever, I have fun) and wanted to buy me a drink. I said yes because I was on my way to get one anyway, and I wasn't going to pass up a free one.

While we waited for my drink to be made, we had conversation about our jobs - he was an artist (or so he said). Since this is an interesting job, I wanted to know more, so we talked about art. During the conversation it became very clear that he was delusional, so I took my drink, thanked him, and walked away very quickly.

I'm sure to that guy, we had fantastic conversation and he has no idea what went wrong.

Not saying you guys are delusional or crazy, but...

Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,494 times
Freud has widely been discredited by most of the current psychiatric community, just saying. Also, I don't really see what the story has to do with his theories.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
And I have a similar story from the opposite perspective.

Once upon a time, I was out dancing with some friends and I decided that I wanted a drink. On my way to the bar, I got stopped by a man who told me that he had been "watching me all night" (creepy) and liked my dancing (I'm not a terribly good dancer, but whatever, I have fun) and wanted to buy me a drink. I said yes because I was on my way to get one anyway, and I wasn't going to pass up a free one.

While we waited for my drink to be made, we had conversation about our jobs - he was an artist (or so he said). Since this is an interesting job, I wanted to know more, so we talked about art. During the conversation it became very clear that he was delusional, so I took my drink, thanked him, and walked away very quickly.

I'm sure to that guy, we had fantastic conversation and he has no idea what went wrong.

Not saying you guys are delusional or crazy, but...
Interesting story. It takes all kinds. Just fyi, guys do go to clubs, bars and other venues to watch women dancing. Watch all that booty shaking, and see who has the best moves. It may sound creepy when someone confesses to you they've been doing that, but it's actually very common. I've heard guys comparing and discussing women dancing.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times
Quote:

Where shall I start? Have you already experienced that kind of situations? What should have I done?
You were in a bar! There are no rules, words of wisdom, methods, etc. It's like being on a rollercoaster and tossing a coin. The thing could go in all sorts of directions!

[no further explanation needed - just carry on and one day it will be your day]

Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting story. It takes all kinds. Just fyi, guys do go to clubs, bars and other venues to watch women dancing. Watch all that booty shaking, and see who has the best moves. It may sound creepy when someone confesses to you they've been doing that, but it's actually very common. I've heard guys comparing and discussing women dancing.
Oh, I know. It's part of the reason that my friends and I decide to skip dancing, more often than not. It was the first time that a man has ever blatantly said to me, "I've been watching you" though. I'd rather not have that information, even if I know that it is happening.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Freud has widely been discredited by most of the current psychiatric community, just saying. Also, I don't really see what the story has to do with his theories.
Yes, thank heaven. And the story doesn't relate, except for his famous quote (which only an ignorant loser would say, much less someone who claimed to have a lot of psychological insight--meh!)

Old 11-18-2012, 08:22 PM

16 posts, read 13,448 times
Quote:
Short story short.
Personally, I believe that you shouldn't take this personally. Tell yourself that if she is doing this to you, she's missing something incredible. I think this story happened to every man that actually tried something. And this you should be proud of: you tried, you are improving and you actually do something.
I don't know if it can be helpful but friends of mine recently advice me to read a book called The Five Dictums of Dating (The Five Dictums of Dating). It really helped me out, you might want to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships