Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times

Advertisements

I don't really understand it, and this came to my mind last night in another thread. Both men and women choose bad people to date and associate with but what I've noticed in my life women are the ones who people call out more for it(both men AND women), Single mothers are a perfect example. Generally when a man does this people just assume he was fooled by the woman and hes not in the wrong. For the record I've never felt sorry for people who continued to get involved with crap people, whether they are men or women

Why do you think this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,141 times
Don't know. Maybe bc it's more glaring when women make bad decisions in picking a mate.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Because men think women do the selecting, when they can only select from the men who approach them (assuming she's traditional). Also, women just complain less, overall, about the opposite gender picking bad partners, just like men complain less about women cheating. My point being that there are lots of crappy things that both genders do but it bothers one gender more than the other for some reason.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
I think to an extent men are viewed as children; women as the grown ups (mommas) who are ultimately responsible for relationship decision making. I think it's temporary, due to gender role adjustments, and that it's already changing.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Don't know. Maybe bc it's more glaring when women make bad decisions in picking a mate.
So how is it more "glaring" when women pick bad mates? Come on lol lets be real alot of guys date women with clear red flags and get "surprised" when they get burned and then they'll say "she fooled me" or became a different person.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I don't really understand it, and this came to my mind last night in another thread. Both men and women choose bad people to date and associate with but what I've noticed in my life women are the ones who people call out more for it(both men AND women), Single mothers are a perfect example. Generally when a man does this people just assume he was fooled by the woman and hes not in the wrong. For the record I've never felt sorry for people who continued to get involved with crap people, whether they are men or women

Why do you think this is?
Society is still running on the idea that the woman is the ultimate decider when it comes to who they are in a relationship. Like a big game of eenie meenie minie mo. A lot of attitudes are changing but that idea along with other view of male and females still linger.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Society is still running on the idea that the woman is the ultimate decider when it comes to who they are in a relationship. Like a big game of eenie meenie minie mo. A lot of attitudes are changing but that idea along with other view of male and females still linger.
I agree, women still choose men, men do not usually get to choose the women. If they like a woman that happens to choose 'em, it's a happy coincidence, or else they just settle for someone who likes them but who they don't really like.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
So how is it more "glaring" when women pick bad mates? Come on lol lets be real alot of guys date women with clear red flags and get "surprised" when they get burned and then they'll say "she fooled me" or became a different person.
Bc as Srjth, Brawny and Jay said, women do the choosing by weeding out men that come to them. Most men just fire at will hoping to hit something.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Women will tend to get more blame because they often knew what they guy was like when they got involved. Men just tend to be more open and honest about who they are. They are given a pass more often because women tend to be more deceptive about who they are. They are less likely to tell the guy about their past or about the "changes" that she has planned for him in the future. Some women have been known to lure men with sex to get the guy, and then later on, we find out she really didn't care for sex all that much, she just did it to get the guy.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree, women still choose men, men do not usually get to choose the women. If they like a woman that happens to choose 'em, it's a happy coincidence, or else they just settle for someone who likes them but who they don't really like.
Yes, but men have waaay more to choose from; way more freedom to pick who they want. Women only have what comes to them. (this is in the strictest sense, of course)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships