Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times

Advertisements

I think you are not getting that sometimes people say things that they actually mean. When my husband and I tell each other that we love each other - they aren't just words. We actually mean them. It sounds like you think that words never have any meaning in relationships or that people don't have meaning to each other.

I guess I just don't really understand your whole post. I love my husband. I love who he is. I love having sex with him. I love cuddling with him. I love our life together. What is it that is confusing to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Is it a full moon?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missclinks View Post
One can say such things and mean them. One can fall seriously in love a few times during a long life. I think a promise of eternal love is foolish. No one can foresee the future and the impact of circumstances. However, one can do one's damnedest to behave lovingly for as long as is humanly possible. We mortals are not perfect and love cannot always be everlasting, at least not as is felt initially.
Therefore, better off with the lies. If people cannot guarantee to be with the other significant one the entire life, then avoid the "you are the love of my life" joke. There is NO JUSTIFICATION to incur to lies to build up romance. The only way at this time I can understand such an expression is a dying person saying farewell to his or her partner.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
Because he sound way too corny. He does not sound real. And I am not the only one who thinks this way.
Just because it's corny doesn't mean it isn't real for them. Some people are just that much in love. I'm not much for overly corny but there's nothing wrong with doing/saying sweet things for your SO.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
better just stay in side and watch tv...it never lies to you
right? tv never lies to you right guys?!?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
better just stay in side and watch tv...it never lies to you
right? tv never lies to you right guys?!?

it obviously lies to you. since most of these people spew the same crap that's on it to one another and then actually beleive it.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think you are not getting that sometimes people say things that they actually mean. When my husband and I tell each other that we love each other - they aren't just words. We actually mean them. It sounds like you think that words never have any meaning in relationships or that people don't have meaning to each other.

I guess I just don't really understand your whole post. I love my husband. I love who he is. I love having sex with him. I love cuddling with him. I love our life together. What is it that is confusing to you?
The corniness. The overdoing of romance. The lies. Maybe you and your spouse will be together the rest of your lives. But if you spend half of the time fighting and half of the time cuddling (this is an example I am not saying you are doing this since I don't know you). I can't stand the exaggeration of feelings.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,726 times
Quote:
I can't stand the exaggeration of feelings.
You should probably just un-follow your friend on Facebook. Keep him as a friend but limit his updates.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
The corniness. The overdoing of romance. The lies. Maybe you and your spouse will be together the rest of your lives. But if you spend half of the time fighting and half of the time cuddling (this is an example I am not saying you are doing this since I don't know you). I can't stand the exaggeration of feelings.
Perhaps to you other people seem like their feelings are exaggerated - but to them they are very real. Just because you don't feel things the same way that others do does not mean that their feelings are invalid. I do believe that my husband is the love of my life. I'm not sure why this would bother you since it is really just between my husband and me.

Oh - and we don't spend half of our time fighting and the other half cuddling - I'm not even sure what that has to do with anything or where you came up with that.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Perhaps to you other people seem like their feelings are exaggerated - but to them they are very real. Just because you don't feel things the same way that others do does not mean that their feelings are invalid. I do believe that my husband is the love of my life. I'm not sure why this would bother you since it is really just between my husband and me.

Oh - and we don't spend half of our time fighting and the other half cuddling - I'm not even sure what that has to do with anything or where you came up with that.

but you probably told that other guy you were with before him the same exact things. I'm sure of it. That's what is so over the top about it....now it's not a personal bother but neither is anything else in any of the threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships