Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
I can't stand the exaggeration of feelings.
That's on you.

You have no right to stand on the outside of his relationship(s) and pronounce them false, worthless or any other adjective. You would not stand up to the judgment you are laying on others.

It sounds like there is a lot of contempt here, rooted in resentment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM

666 posts, read 1,293,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Perhaps to you other people seem like their feelings are exaggerated - but to them they are very real. Just because you don't feel things the same way that others do does not mean that their feelings are invalid. I do believe that my husband is the love of my life. I'm not sure why this would bother you since it is really just between my husband and me.

Oh - and we don't spend half of our time fighting and the other half cuddling - I'm not even sure what that has to do with anything or where you came up with that.
I think i said it was an example, not to you, but to some couples who incur in the corniness while half of the time they are arguing and fighting...

I only hope that when you say that your husband is the love of your life he still is on 2020, 2030 and the date one of you die. Only you two can make that possible... Not me. But since divorce rates are so high I have sufficient argument to doubt all this claims from every person who do this- INCLUDING MY PARENTS, who not more than a year ago were on the verge of separation.

But of course people have the right to be corny and fake when it comes to relationships, I guess. I hope you are part of the people who do not fall into this category.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's on you.

You have no right to stand on the outside of his relationship(s) and pronounce them false, worthless or any other adjective. You would not stand up to the judgment you are laying on others.

It sounds like there is a lot of contempt here, rooted in resentment.
I express my opinion. Sorry if you don't agree with it. Of course I resent that more than 50% people are not stable in their claims of having met the love of their lives. Because that is one of the reasons why this world has been going downhill.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,080 times
I am starting to wonder if this OP has Aspergers? There is a very logical POV he is displaying about the whole thing (meaning lack of emotional component and straight logic) that isn't necessarily asexuality as much as it is A.S. related.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 PM

I guess it is as simple as this: if you believe your partner is the love of your life, MEAN IT. Of course there are moments of test. And I know sometimes the other partner does not end up reciprocating the feeling like you wish which ends up in a broken heart, and it is not yout fault. But at least try to realize when your partner does NOT SHOW real love feelings for you, and do not loe to yourself that he or she does. Only when two have the exact sense of need of the others they won't allow anything- including sex- to break through a real sense of romantic love.

Do not even try to convince me that a couple is not fake or corny if they let something trivial mess up their relationship. It only strengthens my personal opposition to romance.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I am starting to wonder if this OP has Aspergers. There is a very logical POV he is displaying about the whole thing (meaning lack of emotional component and straight logic) that isn't necessarily asexuality as much as it is A.S. related.
I looked for that. No. I dont have problems interacting with people, which is one of the main components of the Aspergers syndrome.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,080 times
Quote:
I looked for that. No. I dont have problems interacting with people, which is one of the main components of the Aspergers syndrome.

I have both. Supposedly there's a very high rate of asexuality in the A.S. community. But I'm not sure I buy you don't have problems interacting with people when you have such opposing views on sexuality, LOL. All they ever do is give you hell about being 'different,' so I don't know how you avoided that, but maybe you did. I dunno.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
but you probably told that other guy you were with before him the same exact things. I'm sure of it. That's what is so over the top about it....now it's not a personal bother but neither is anything else in any of the threads.
Well, now you are kind of irritating me. Honestly, I don't remember telling anyone that they were the love of my life. It's just not really something I would say. I did tell the other two men that I had serious relationships that I loved them - because I did. And I did plan on spending the rest of my life with them - but it didn't end up happening. People change. People grow. I was really young and luckily realized that we weren't right for each other before we got married.

You can be sure of anything you want to - it doesn't make it true. Good grief. Tell me what else you are sure of about me. It should be quite interesting.

Quote:
I think i said it was an example, not to you, but to some couples who incur in the corniness while half of the time they are arguing and fighting...

I only hope that when you say that your husband is the love of your life he still is on 2020, 2030 and the date one of you die. Only you two can make that possible... Not me. But since divorce rates are so high I have sufficient argument to doubt all this claims from every person who do this- INCLUDING MY PARENTS, who not more than a year ago were on the verge of separation.

But of course people have the right to be corny and fake when it comes to relationships, I guess. I hope you are part of the people who do not fall into this category.
You seem like a very black and white kind of person. Just because people love each other and plan to spend the rest of their lives together doesn't mean that they are then liars if that doesn't come to fruition. Emotions are not set in stone. People are not set in stone. We grow, change, learn, fail, try, etc. And once again - just because you think something is corny and fake does not mean that it actually is.

Now, my husband and I do plan on spending our lives together. We are very committed to this and we love each other very much. Both of our parents had wonderful marriages (his parents are still married, my father passed away) and so far, our marriage is wonderful, too.

But what difference does any of this make to you? You are not inside of these relationships. Other people's relationships really have nothing to do with you.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,964 times
Quote:
I guess it is as simple as this: if you believe your partner is the love of your life, MEAN IT.
People can't predict the future. I'm sure my parents meant it when they said they'd be together forever, but things changed and I'd rather they do whatever it takes to be happy than "mean it" when it comes to love.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I have both. Supposedly there's a very high rate of asexuality in the A.S. community. But I'm not sure I buy you don't have problems interacting with people when you have such opposing views on sexuality, LOL. All they ever do is give you hell about being 'different,' so I don't know how you avoided that, but maybe you did. I dunno.
Aspergers' is characterized by both difficulties with social interaction and repetitive interests. You can research in my page that for example this is not the onlh sub-forum I participate in, in fact today has the best the first day I have spent some time giving opinions. As long as people talk about things that are lf my interest i can really be social. I am introvert though and I am extremely analytical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships