Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
At least respect the fact that the guy comes from a different culture. People are generally people, but there are also some generalisations that have some degree of truth. Dating in America is quite different to other countries.

I'm basically American because I have been here since I was 9 (Everything I do is Americanized)

I just can't get a woman here and I can't imagine how this will change. I need something drastic to happen to have a chance

Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I said that I rarely encounter women who are significantly better looking than me...which I would say is true. Most pretty women I see are right in my league. Some people would say that they're better looking than me, which is fine, but nobody would say that we look out of place as a couple
I recall it from this morning- you rarely see women who are better looking than you and you didn't mention significant. To me that speaks to ego on your part and people that tend to over assess themselves are usually a turn off. It could be a part of your problem.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
I'm basically American because I have been here since I was 9 (Everything I do is Americanized)

I just can't get a woman here and I can't imagine how this will change. I need something drastic to happen to have a chance

You're going to look like an idiot to any Armenian with the way you think. The fact that you think you can win any Armenian woman over with some money is pretty degrading. Try talking like that to your mom she'll probably slap you. Plus, any Armenian over there will view you as an American, not Armenian.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I recall it from this morning- you rarely see women who are better looking than you and you didn't mention significant. To me that speaks to ego on your part and people that tend to over assess themselves are usually a turn off. It could be a part of your problem.

Women who look better than me would be models like this

The average pretty girl on the street is right in my league, that's all I was saying

Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM

904 posts, read 1,382,362 times
Quote:

The most drastic change you can make is to stop being so superficial. "I'm good looking," "I work out,", "I make a lot of money." Did it occur to you that none of that stuff really matters? Who you are is what matters, and if all you are is attractive, ripped, and wealthy, you're in for a long hard road when it comes to having a relationship.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You're going to look like an idiot to any Armenian with the way you think. The fact that you think you can win any Armenian woman over with some money is pretty degrading. Try talking like that to your mom she'll probably slap you. Plus, any Armenian over there will view you as an American, not Armenian.

LOL Wut? My mom wants me to go back home to get a wife. She says that I could get pretty much any Armenian woman I want

Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
One of my great grandfathers send to Italy for the woman he had pledged to marry before coming to America, my great grandmother, but that was about 90 years ago and a little different from what you are talking about. Other then that, I don't know anyone who has gone overseas to find a wife.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
LOL Wut? My mom wants me to go back home to get a wife. She says that I could get pretty much any Armenian woman I want

Then go do it and quit whining to us. Go buy a wife.

You don't get American women because you sound downright pathetic. I'm gonna go for some Armenian supermodels if they're that easy.

Aren't moms required to say their son can get any woman they want?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Then go do it and quit whining to us. Go buy a wife.

You don't get American women because you sound downright pathetic. I'm gonna go for some Armenian supermodels if they're that easy.

Are you blind?

Did you not read the part that Armenian women date their own kind. How could you go for Armenian supermodels when you're not Armenian?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
The most drastic change you can make is to stop being so superficial. "I'm good looking," "I work out,", "I make a lot of money." Did it occur to you that none of that stuff really matters? Who you are is what matters, and if all you are is attractive, ripped, and wealthy, you're in for a long hard road when it comes to having a relationship.
^^^This. It sounds like he's emulating the guy in the LMFAO song "Sexy and I Know It".

rhacer, you nailed it with superficiality. If anyone looks good, earns a decent living and can't get a partner, it IS their personality. That's the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships