Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 AM

36,711 posts, read 31,008,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Divorce leaves a lot of victims in its wake. Lots of pain and suffering.
So does living your life with an abusive spouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM

365 posts, read 491,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I agree, stay away from it because I was in a situation kind of like the OP one time and I went in to stick up for the lady and the lady turned on me making a scene...I then looked like the bad guy because she was yelling at me when I was actually trying to go over and help her ass
This will happen more times then not; chances are. Not trying to be mean but if she's being abused and she stays, good chance she still loves him in more then just a couple ways and will no doubt stand up for him. Society logic

Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM

49 posts, read 72,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Divorce leaves a lot of victims in its wake. Lots of pain and suffering.
One of the many reasons I’m never getting married. I never want to be one of those people, too terrified to leave a partner I hate because of financial or other reasons. I just want to be able to pack my stuff up and go. No legal rubbish, just grab my bags and start again.

Poor lady

Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,244,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was out getting some pizza today after my exam and I was sitting down. I saw a man and woman walk in and they were waiting in line. The woman said she couldn't get into the car to grab something.. the guy started shouting and her, dangled the keys in front of her face and said " ARE YOU STUPID? YOU NEED TO USE THE KEYS TO GET IN THE CAR THATS WHY I HAVE THEM!"

The rest of the time they were around eachother, the guy pouted and acted like he was all pissed about the keys. It was sad because you could tell he abused her, the way she acted towards his verbal abuse, you could see her just cower. It was pretty obvious the guy was a pretty terrible person too.

It got me thinking, we're lucky that the divorce rate is high. We're lucky to live in a society that women (or men) are allowed to leave their spouses without being looked down upon and shunned from society. That women have the freedom to be able to make it on their own and not have to depend on men.
Wow.

When people fret about the divorce rate being around 50%, I always think it's not such a bad thing. Why? Because this is a country where people can actually get out of a bad marriage in the first place. Second, it means that 50% of all marriages are good enough that people want it to be for life.

However, I think there should be a Three Strikes You're Out rule to marriages and divorces. That is, if you are such an idiot when it comes to finding mates that you can't get it right by your third marriage, then you really shouldn't be allowed to marry any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships