Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should you at least be in a relationship before having sex?
I am a man, and I believe that one should at least be in a relationship before having sex 11 18.03%
I am a man, and I do not believe that a relationship is necessary before having sex 22 36.07%
I am woman, and I believe that one should at least be in a relationship before having sex 11 18.03%
I am a woman, and I do not believe that a relationship is necessary before having sex 17 27.87%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:36 AM

904 posts, read 1,382,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
SEX IS A GIFT & it shouldn't be abused.
Sex is a gift?

Is respiration a gift?

Is the cardiac cycle a gift?

Is urination a gift?

How about defecation?

If sex is a gift, how come it's only a gift for us and not for other species of life on the planet? Some creatures mate for life but many others do not. Are those abusing this gift?

Sex is a biological function. It's a fantastically entertaining and fun biological function but that is what it is. Assigning it some positive or negative merit in and of itself is ridiculous. It can only be assigned merit, either positive or negative, due to the nature of the interactions of the people participating in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM

468 posts, read 553,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
That era had no contraception, knowledge of STDs was naught, and there were no vaccinations. Soap didn't become the norm in upper-class Western civilization until the mid-to-late 1800s, thus there was no sanitation. Your point is moot.
No it's not..it's completely relevant as it indicates how promiscuous people were despite their moral code and how many had those attitudes towards sex. You're implying that lack of hygiene automatically equals STDs.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM

139 posts, read 409,342 times
you should try before you buy so take a test drive be4 you get too involved.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,736,876 times
What has monogamy got to do with having casual sex?

Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM

335 posts, read 335,119 times
You know, I first had sex (back then they called it losing your virginity) when I was younger than I should have been, and now I rather regret that it happened, because sex lost its mystery, its excitement, and became another biological function.

I've been monogamous for ages -- or at least nearly monogamous -- my partner and I shared a few flings, and I think this may be partly because I too young learned that sex promises the world and generally only delivers problems.

Is this possible? I mean is it such that people who have sex too young become jaded -- well, not really "jaded," but just less excited than if they had to wait a little longer?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM

354 posts, read 518,148 times
Should you at least be in a relationship before you have sex?

I should be married
before I have sex.

But that's just me.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
Should you at least be in a relationship before you have sex?

I should be married
before I have sex.

But that's just me.
Well that ship has sailed.

Next question.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM

181 posts, read 192,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
The 1950's.

The average woman who was of age then had something like 1.3 sexual partners.

I think the correct statement should be "the average woman only revealed they had something like 1.3 sexual partners"

Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,186,389 times
I think the only thing that matters is that you are smart and safe about it. If you are looking for love - then don't hop into bed with every person you meet thinking they will fall in love with you on the first date if you put out. And if you don't want a baby or one of those lovely STD's - be safe. But if you are looking for casual sex, and you know what you are getting into, and you are safe - I don't see a problem.

I've had sex in relationships and out of relationships. It was better in relationships but I don't regret any of the decisions I made.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,855,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I say it's OK. My wife and I had sex before we started a relationship. Sex was a vital part of the process of sharing ourselves with each other. Been happily married to this angel for nearly 24 years.

When we first met, I could hardly wait to see the gorgeous woman in all her naked glory, and when I did, yeeeeee haaaah! Wait until we start a relationship to experience that? You're nuts. The feeling was mutual I discovered. In fact, the relationship was started while in the act.

Thank God for the passage of time and the elimination of these stupid conservative ways of looking at topics like this.
Boy, I sure hope I find someone like you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships