Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 AM

260 posts, read 473,693 times

Advertisements

I've had lots of crushes on people and normally it's a intensely physical thing, like I might fantasize about kissing or sleeping with them or something, but there is a guy at work and it's not really like that, rather I see him as kind of ..suitable..is the best way I can describe it, and I keep wishing something would happen between us, but I'm not sure if it's all in my head..like..I'm not sure if I'm actually attracted to him, but I think I would like to hug him, lol.

I am assuming some things about him but I'm pretty sure he's long term single, he's not a ladies man, he's friendly and 'nice' and I do want someone nice. He just seems like a good catch to me and I have this feeling like I want to snap him up before someone else gets him..so weird.

Of course I am not going to do anything about it because we work together and I have no idea if he likes me, so, moot point really, ha.

I'm so sick of being single and probably that is part of it and I've just fixated on him or something.

Anyone else had anything similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM

11,399 posts, read 24,480,429 times
Yeah I've had a similar thing happen. Enjoy the crush to the degree you can. Harness the energy you'd use to impress him to excel at your job or something that will benefit you in the long run.

Good luck surviving it.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 AM

283 posts, read 508,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Yeah I've had a similar thing happen. Enjoy the crush to the degree you can. Harness the energy you'd use to impress him to excel at your job or something that will benefit you in the long run.

Good luck surviving it.

Bad advice.

Life is too short to be content with channeling lustful desire into the workplace.

How boring and sad. Nobody ever went to their deathbed thinking, "I shoulda worked harder."

Rather, they usually think, "I should have loved more and taken more chances and been more spontaneous and had more fun."

To the OP: Ask this guy out to lunch and go with it. It could change your life!!

To Ellie: guessing you're not in a passionate relationship right now and are just sort doin' the whole "sour grapes" thing??

Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,841,316 times
Yeah I go thorugh those phases. Nothing ever comes of it though for me.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 AM

11,399 posts, read 24,480,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
Bad advice.

Life is too short to be content with channeling lustful desire into the workplace.

How boring and sad. Nobody ever went to their deathbed thinking, "I shoulda worked harder."

Rather, they usually think, "I should have loved more and taken more chances and been more spontaneous and had more fun."

To the OP: Ask this guy out to lunch and go with it. It could change your life!!

To Ellie: guessing you're not in a passionate relationship right now and are just sort doin' the whole "sour grapes" thing??
LOL. I'm actually happily married.

Was just remembering a similar situation where I had an inappropriate crush on someone. I used the energy (albeit awkwardly) to learn a highly technical subject in school from the crushee. If I had not been infatuated I might not have even passed the class. And no, nothing romantic or sexual happened -- I doubt he even knew. But the crush had me tied up in knots for months.

Last edited by ellie; 12-15-2012 at 06:39 AM..

Old 12-15-2012, 06:32 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,844,312 times
Just talk to him OP omg. This isn't fifth grade. If you like him then ask him to get lunch sometime.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 PM

260 posts, read 473,693 times
It's not 5th grade but it is a work environment so there are risks to consider and any invitation would be out of left field, I have no pretext.

I have thought about asking him out and created a thread on here about women asking men out and most women's experiences with that have not been good eg the guy said yes but was never really interested - that whole thing about if a guy is interested he will ask..or they said no, which would be fine if I didn't have to see him everyday.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,601,978 times
Oh a schoolgirl/boy crush I see. Those are the best kind. There's always the sexually attractive people, but then on a rare occasion there's that person that makes you all loopy in the cutest most romantic way.

If he likes you in any way like that it would be kind of obvious if you have regular interaction with him. If he flirts with you and goes out of his way to talk to you he probably does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships