Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,699,612 times

Advertisements

I read through this whole thread and this is what i summarize it up to be.

Another stupid set of rules on how men "should" when most of this can be easily applied to woman and and what not.

Gender roles and biological differences are being taken to exaggerated extremes. One mentioned how men are not allowed to show weakness or cry and stuff like that which I agree with him that's just the society we live. Yes I said society not biology.

I will be playing videogames till my dying days, yes it is a hobby of mine does that make me a weirdo then yes I am a weirdo. By the way I know plenty of women who considered videogames a hobby and we get along just fine. One hobbies in general if you enjoy it and it doesn't harm you or anybody else continue to do that hobby and not care if people think your a weirdo or not.

Also I don't drink alcohol I hate the taste of it I have enough weird hobbies to occupy my time I don't need it.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,028,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
but isn't a hobby something that you do in your spare time just for fun?

And hwne you play videogames, you play them when and for what purpose?

Come on dude, you surely know the difference between the guy who plays video games every once in a while or plays Madden while he's drinking beers with his buddies and the World of Warcraft players who spend their who time playing...

Old 12-14-2012, 04:30 PM

409 posts, read 499,905 times
Ughh, sports games.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM

681 posts, read 621,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Come on dude, you surely know the difference between the guy who plays video games every once in a while or plays Madden while he's drinking beers with his buddies and the World of Warcraft players who spend their who time playing...
but that's not a hobby, thats a sick addiction. I do know people like that, and I refuse to hang out with someone who plays videogames 24/7 nope not going to do it.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,970,843 times
The OP is proof that pop culture can burn in hell.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 PM

464 posts, read 480,713 times
Im beginning to think you are right esp on 10, 12, 16.

This guy I'm talking to is in his 40's and he is the most boring uninteresting person. Im trying to set something up so we can meet in person. Why am I doing all the freaking planning?

I am hoping that will change once we meet.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Im beginning to think you are right esp on 10, 12, 16.

This guy I'm talking to is in his 40's and he is the most boring uninteresting person. Im trying to set something up so we can meet in person. Why am I doing all the freaking planning?

I am hoping that will change once we meet.
I'm in my 40's..... and you'll never say I'm boring and uninteresting.......

Do the planning and see how it turns out...Sometimes it helps to take the bull by the horns and do the work... if that makes any sense.

Hope middle aged man makes it fun for you... life is to f ing short to waste...... best of luck to you...

Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,788,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Sir you must go out a preach this gospel to the world and I will assist you if necessary.
It's a problem that is much bigger than me. It's the culture now. The culture has turned into an over-analytical and pessimistic one meaning that now potential mates are looking at you and trying to find reasons NOT to date you rather than looking at you and trying to see your qualities.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,788,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post

This guy I'm talking to is in his 40's and he is the most boring uninteresting person.
Instead of focusing on his NEGATIVE attributes why not try to dwell on the POSITIVE qualities that I'm sure he must have or else you wouldn't want to see him at all.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,230,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
It's a problem that is much bigger than me. It's the culture now. The culture has turned into an over-analytical and pessimistic one meaning that now potential mates are looking at you and trying to find reasons NOT to date you rather than looking at you and trying to see your qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Instead of focusing on his NEGATIVE attributes why not try to dwell on the POSITIVE qualities that I'm sure he must have or else you wouldn't want to see him at all.
The one judging also thinks they're "holier than thou" and think almost anyone else is beneath them besides having entitlement issues including he/she better earn "X" $$ to which they outright lie about and when confronted they try to wrongly (in my views) justify it/them for whichever reason(s).

This covers friendships and marriage in an overall sense as well as just as people are being treated inhumanely these days. I keep on stating on how this society is mostly sick in more ways than one.

If the day comes (won't hold my breath) when people stop judging one for solely the visual, material and financial, society overall will be a happier one. As it's at this moment in time, it's mostly frigid. Heck, I relate better with people mostly 15 years plus older than me (I'm 50 going on 51 in less than 1 month) as they have a more grounded way about them.

It's not you VX5650 and the rest that stated they think they're weird, have some qualities of a man, plays video games and weird music. You're trying to function in a mostly dysfunctional society, so you and the others need to find like people and the heck with the mostly mainstream messed-up society. Pray to GOD (if one believes in GOD and prayer that is) that he directs you to the people you need to associate with as well as one getting out there and on the internet to try to find such.

It's surely not always easy. GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships