Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,228,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I've yet to meet a girl that likes a cheap bastard. Yes you need to be smart with your money, but you have to take a girl out once in awhile, and fast food and greasy diners don't cut it.

As far as fitting in I can tell you from my experience. From March of this year until late October of this year I was single. During that time I went on 15 dates until I met my current girlfriend. Probably 10 of those women asked if I played video games, when I said "no" not one of them said "you're really missing out by not playing video games." They ALL said grown men that play video games for hours a day are huge turn-offs. I agree that everyone has to have a uniqueness to a degree, but at the same time you have to be up on things. You have to find that balance where you're unique, but not so unique you scream to society "I'm a weirdo."
But there are no weirdo girls I see.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,227,897 times
17. You violate copyright by posting someone else's Web article in its entirety. So basically, you steal and use things without permission. You must do the same in other areas of your life, which makes you dishonest. Writers, editors, and publishers hate people like you.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 PM

681 posts, read 619,810 times
#3 Massive complex

I definitely had this and not so much now since I have braces but trust me it is something that needs to be taken care of. Women do look at things such as that.

Looking at the posts here I wanted to make a few comments. 1. To the person that said guys are looked down upon when we complain, i feel that we should be able to vent when we need to. Women do it, why can't we? And no I'm not one of those guys that thinks just because they are women they get to "do that". That's total bs. 2. For the poster that said something about videogames. I personally think that's dumb. I play videogames when I have nothing to do, but i don't spend hours and hours on it. That's just stupid. I think it's totally asinine that women can complain about that but yet can spend hours shopping or getting their nails done. As long as it's not getting in the way, then I don't see what the problem is. Once, I had a girl tell me that I was immature for playing games...really? Yeah now I have a decent job and she lives in the projects and is a stripper...wow go figure..next!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 PM

468 posts, read 554,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Below is a list I saw on another website and found it interesting and accurate for the most part. I've noticed there's alot of dudes on here moaning and groaning about not getting women, and while I agree dating is very difficult, there's a good chance one or more of the reasons below is why you're not having success.
Whilst your list may be useful for addressing individual areas in which a man may have problems/issues, it's totally impractical to suggest it as a guideline for male personality so he can "get" a woman. Assuming you're looking for a real relationship, no decent woman wants a 'manufactured' man who follows rules to manipulate her sensibilities. Even if you want to seduce a ditzy woman, you don't need to do all that; might work against you because it comes off as forced/unnatural.

People, for better or worse, are usually able to find others whose 'flaws' they appreciate, who actually have real personalities with all the little unique quirks that normally make people connect, and cause them to develop affection for each other.

And some of the stuff written is just plain stupid. The sitting arrangement? Why rehearse something that's supposed to be unique for everyone, and changes often depending on circumstance? Only if one lacks a personality and common sense, IMHO.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM

409 posts, read 498,912 times
Hmm...

I have 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,11,12, 15,16....

Although, for regarding the dinner part, its more b/c I haven't asked a girl out since middle school.

:P

Well, back to Mass Effect 3 and my adorable Tali.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
Hmm...

I have 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,11,12, 15,16....

Although, for regarding the dinner part, its more b/c I haven't asked a girl out since middle school.

:P

Well, back to Mass Effect 3 and my adorable Tali.
<3 Tali. She knows Shepard's brand of contacts.

MY BRAND! - YouTube

Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 PM

409 posts, read 498,912 times
I know rite.. She's f-ing ador(k)able.

I will borrow a fellow redditor's words to describe my attachment to the LI's of the games, words.

Mass Effect - Alright Ash, Liara seems a bit young (haha) and naive for my taste, and you seem into me. Get over here.

Mass Effect 2 - Wow Ash, thanks for being a close-minded ***** (I'm looking at you right now Bioware). Oh hey Miranda, you're kinda cool. Romance? Well I was just being nice to you but, OK sure.
Wait WAIT, TALI? NO ****ING WAY, STEP ASIDE MIRANDA. OH TALI I WUV YOU FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER-

And how I forsee my ME 3 romance going:
AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER-

Dat accent and dem hips...amrite dude

Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,579,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
17. You violate copyright by posting someone else's Web article in its entirety. So basically, you steal and use things without permission. You must do the same in other areas of your life, which makes you dishonest. Writers, editors, and publishers hate people like you.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,980,572 times
hahahaa this is so true here. every single one of the guys on here that complains about women should read this. maybe they'd wake up.

if anyone is offended by this, they should probably read it again and follow it.

Although, on first dates you better believe I'm cheap. I invite them out for drinks JUST late enough that they'd have to eat dinner before they meet up Dinner turns a $25-30 dollar night into a 80 dollar night. No first date is worth 80 bucks in my eye.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,228,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
#3 Massive complex

I definitely had this and not so much now since I have braces but trust me it is something that needs to be taken care of. Women do look at things such as that.

Looking at the posts here I wanted to make a few comments. 1. To the person that said guys are looked down upon when we complain, i feel that we should be able to vent when we need to. Women do it, why can't we? And no I'm not one of those guys that thinks just because they are women they get to "do that". That's total bs. 2. For the poster that said something about videogames. I personally think that's dumb. I play videogames when I have nothing to do, but i don't spend hours and hours on it. That's just stupid. I think it's totally asinine that women can complain about that but yet can spend hours shopping or getting their nails done. As long as it's not getting in the way, then I don't see what the problem is. Once, I had a girl tell me that I was immature for playing games...really?Yeah now I have a decent job and she lives in the projects and is a stripper...wow go figure..next!
After spending the last 3 months working my ass off networking and studying. I'm gonna play a sh*tload of video games until I can't play no more. Time to unwind. My XBox has been collecting dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships