Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:00 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,541,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think I seriously need a reality check. I need opinions from both genders. So help me out here, guys.

First of all, I am a very attractive (guys' words, not mine), 30 year old childless woman, never been married, I dont have any children of my own, but I am certainly open to the idea., I have a rewarding career, college graduate, and loving parents.

Well, I accepted the reality years ago that you cannot help whom you fell in love with.

My boyfriend is 38 years old, had a child from previous relationship. I like the kid, but she is spoiled and entitled, then again, which kid is not nowadays.

My boyfriend works for a fortune 500 company, makes a little bit over 6 figure a year, has a huge mortgage. He suffers from a genetic illness and he will pass his illness to 50% of his children. He also is on chemotherapy.

He's a kind person, but sort of a mom's boy. He is currently living with his parents and although he is an almost 40 year old man, his parents treat him like 4 years old. He has to report to his parents his whereabout, and reality has proven he is not going to cut the apron strings any time soon.

His parents are the most pranoid, ignorant, close minded, suspicious, know-it-all, stubborn people I've ever known. They are living with him because they feel they have the needs to take care of my boyfriend. They are extremely judgemental and we don't get along. They never showed me any respect and believe I must have some kind of hidden agenda and try to take advantage of their son. They have this delusional belief that their son is God's gift to all women, and any women come his way already know what she is getting herself into. So no need to give the girl any respect. His mother told me how to cook on day one!!!!

My boyfriend and I are in love, but he is very much of a mom's boy. At this point, I can only count on his health getting better. But he has chronic illness, so chances are we would have to monitor his condition the rest of his life. The illness is a tickling time bomb.. However, my boyfriend has reassured me that his parents will move out when he can be independent. But when will he be independent is the question. My guess is he still has a looooooong way to go.

Will you consider a long time serious relationship with a guy who is kind, loving, financially secure, single father, a mom's boy who perhaps will live with his parents for a long time?

Opinions please. Thank you in advance.
If you think things are bad now, just marry him and see how much worse they can get. His parents, mostly his mom, will only get worse. She will REALLY not like you when you "take her son away". You won't be able to do anything right in her eyes. Once a mommas boy, always a mommas boy. I was married to one for 24 years and it wasn't fun. As far as having children with him, you should see a genetic counselor. You do not want to bring a child into this world that could have medical problems its whole life and possibly die young. Just because his parent move out if you marry doesn't mean they won't be over everyday and making your life miserable. Think long and hard about this decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 07:12 PM

22,450 posts, read 29,626,519 times
Next!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:25 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,729,917 times
I think it would be a different story if he was only living with his parents because of his illness... but it sounds like he would be living with momma regardless of his health. I'd get out of the relationship now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships