Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,124,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
I don't think they mean "attractive". I think they mean 10's......even better then celebs and some models hot is what they are talking about. Yes, I've seen these women IRL. They usually have a very large home and will never work a day in their life. Hubby takes care of them. It's kind of pathetic actually.

Everyone has their price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
She'll probably even do much better.

A trophy cost a lot of money and comes with a lot of competition. Many men simply aren't into it.

A "trophy" is always looking for a better "option" as well. Many men thought they won her until they find out she's sleeping with her boss.

That is after they are husband number #5 to her..........

Two really good posts in a row..to bad I can only rep u once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,230,701 times
For me: Average and true verses gorgeous and phony.

Too gorgeous = trying to get attention from guys while on a date, could be very high maintenance, demanding and have elaborate requirements and sense of entitlements. Few of these in my view have the potential of the true average woman.

Average wins out 99% of the time imo.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,148,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Beauty can help you get the initial date, but if a man really wants a keeper, the personality will have to go further.

Also, if you go along with the theory that like attracts like (for example, a gorgeous woman would mostly select equally attractive men), then it kind of all evens out.

I've dated men I'd categorize anywhere from a 6 to a 9. My best relationship besides my current now was about a 7 to me, and the 9 I dated initially because he was so gorgeous, and I basically had to bed him. It turned into a year long waste of emotional abuse and making me feel awful about myself.

So yes, they may attract more men, but I don't think a 10 of a woman will (usually) date a 4 or a 5. I know attraction is different for everyone (and there are always outliers), but I think like usually attracts like. If you consider most people are "average" looking, those averages will be dating other averages.
Not necessarily to some extent . I have met average women in the looks department who believe they are a 10.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,230,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Not necessarily to some extent . I have met average women in the looks department who believe they are a 10.
Well in the NYC area it's of no surprise for me to hear that. A good percentage of those women want to justify their wants, needs, entitlements and requirements of a man by inflating their egos.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,177,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Maybe they can get with the men who also see themselves as 10's.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,098,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Can an average woman with a physically fit body compete with a gorgeous woman with an amazing body for the same men?
You will find that personality is a lot more important to men than it is perceived.

I have noticed many gorgeous women don't have a boyfriend, because their personality is different. For instance quiet girls, social conservative girls and religious girls tend to have a harder time to attract very attractive men. With the exception of some quiet girls, it is not that big of a deal, as they are more interested in a compatible men.

I have also noticed how decent looking fit women who are sexually liberal and outgoing have a horde of men going after them. Its so pathetic.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:23 AM

495 posts, read 687,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Men will sleep with basically anyone. Many have zero standards whatsoever when it comes to sex, so just because she had guys who wanted to sleep with her doesn't mean she was desirable in any way.
With that logic all men should be into beastuality because they have no standards and animals are easy lays.As a man I can assure you that most of us need to be attracted to the women we sleep with.The logical solution to this is not that "men will sleep with anyone". Its that men are attracted to a much bigger percentage of women than you might think.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:48 AM

368 posts, read 579,547 times
Given the choice, men will always choose the gorgeous woman that should be common sense lol, but at the end of the day men will settle for any girl with a vag

Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,124,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
Given the choice, men will always choose the gorgeous woman that should be common sense lol, but at the end of the day men will settle for any girl with a vag
I don't think that's altogether true...not saying just because a woman is "beautiful" that she can't be smart,caring and loyal,but chances are much greater that she's had an easy ride most of her life and has the "entitled" attitude that I despise that goes along with her looks..I for one have no interest in shallow people and just speaking for myself,I would pass her by...I hate drama these days

Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,250,195 times
I am interested in women who are interested in me, that makes life alot more simple. I am white collar, average looking guy who is very busy with work, professional development and really cool hobbies. I dont want to have to worry about what my woman is doing when we are at work or have other engagements.

If I have to scratch and claw for a womans attention that means she just isent that into me and I dont want to deal with the drama of her going out on 4 dates a week with guys drooling over her, not my style. So many people are always looking over the fence, that is a really unstable way to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships