Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 PM

507 posts, read 515,290 times

Advertisements

Yes and why wouldn't she

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to be honest what you or I may consider average/beautiful/gorgeous/amazing body etc. differs when we get someone else's opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM

468 posts, read 555,400 times
Does an average looking woman have just as many dating options as a gorgeous woman?
Can an average woman with a physically fit body compete with a gorgeous woman with an amazing body for the same men?
.................................................. ...................................

No to both questions, generally. Even a gorgeous woman with average/below average body will be considered higher than average woman with great body. That's just the way it is. This is what men notice and go after first, with few exceptions. I don't know why people are trying to bring personality etc into the mix...if you're discussing looks and attraction then those qualitites are irrelevant, because how you look/appear/status are the primary things that make strange men want to know you in the 1st place.

And regardless of incompatibilities, attitudes, character, interests, etc..most men will prefer the better looking female and stick with her or go for another similar rather than "settle", once they have opportunity. Given a choice between 2 females with similar dispositions, the more 'attractive' one will usually be first choice, & get more uh, leeway to deviate from qualities deemed acceptable. [You can apply this principle to women who want certain type of men as well.]

Status in life, physical/mental hindrance, financial status etc may deter him to look for something else, but that person will be seen as "second choice" or "consolation prize" by most men. IME, women tend to be more appreciative of a good man, but men usually go for better if/once they can. Many men may even subtlely acknowledge that his lot isn't the best it could be due to that certain "inability" to get "that woman", and be "resigned" to being content with what he "could get". I think that much is reflected in attitudes of some men here. Naturally there are exceptions, but with looks and spectacular plastic surgery getting more popular together with general dumbed down new culture on top of the remnants of old culture, I don't think this trend will disappear anytime soon.

Women who aren't facially gorgeous/pretty/cute usually rely on circumstance, character, personality, status to attract males' ATTENTION so they can get a chance to generate romantic interest.

Last edited by OnlyCurious; 01-05-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,330,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Can an average woman with a physically fit body compete with a gorgeous woman with an amazing body for the same men?
If she is fun to be with? Easily.

I dated a woman for 3-4 months who wasn't just a model, but had literally been a cover girl on hoity-toity pubs such as Italian Vogue and Elle. Honest to God. I had no idea until our third date when she showed me her portfolio. She had moved back to town after her mother died to take care of her father and wanted to finish her degree.

But, guess what? Despite the fact that she was freaking amazing looking and very nice, she just wasn't easy to be with. Although she was very nice, she was an incredibly fussy eater and really wasn't that great of a conversationalist. So I broke things off and started dating a girl who was much more fun to be around.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 PM

630 posts, read 1,051,651 times
smh...

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,148,556 times
Average woman have to much issues like insecurities, high egos, tend to have baby daddy drama etc.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,904,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Average woman have to much issues like insecurities, high egos, tend to have baby daddy drama etc.

Huh....where do you meet women like that. I'd say I know many average women, and the vast majority don't have high egos or baby daddy drama.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,410,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I talk to all women, if I'm talking to a girl who could be considered a 10 and get bored.. well I won't talk to her more.. nor will I continue talking to a 6 if she bores me.

However, I will approach the better looking girl 99 times out of 100 before the uglier girl.
i think most guys on here will agree that we judge women first on looks and second on personality. Sorry but that's the way it is. If we were online dating we wont click on ur picture if we find u unattractive just because u have the same common interests as us or seem like a good person. If there is no attraction from the beginning, its doubtful that it will ever happen.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,115,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i think most guys on here will agree that we judge women first on looks and second on personality. Sorry but that's the way it is. If we were online dating we wont click on ur picture if we find u unattractive just because u have the same common interests as us or seem like a good person. If there is no attraction from the beginning, its doubtful that it will ever happen.
And yet those same men lament not having success in dating and relationships, but wouldn't dare try something as radical as meeting a person who you have a lot in common with, even though she doesn't look like a supermodel...

Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM

752 posts, read 1,169,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
No to both questions, generally. Even a gorgeous woman with average/below average body will be considered higher than average woman with great body.
Well if is that true I didn't heard never about it. 9-10/10 body and I'm down, no matter how ugly she is. Tall, athletic, small to medium boobs and sexy butts, pale skin. If any one here have problem to find date and fit above description contact me. It is not necessary that she have ugly face. I’m middle aged, 6’2” and perfect build in a athletic sense, pale skinned.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,148,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Gnerally its the other way around. Guys will click on anything even a fat chick when it comes to online dating. Women generally pick a guy who is attractive or assumes he is attractive. Before me when it comes face to face, even though we have common ground, however I find you missing some physical attributes, I will have to give a woman a nod and say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships