Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 03:10 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times

Advertisements

If I'm dressed for attention, I don't mind if guys look. It's my husband who minds. But then he also seems to think I should exist for his enjoyment alone, in every conceivable aspect of life. Whateva.

THAT'S what I don't get. That territoriality thing. He says he's not afraid of me being assaulted, but "what if some other guy comes along and says all the right things?" Really? I'm supposed to be weak and stupid enough to swoon for some magical pickup line and run away from husband and kids, unless he is present to scare away his rival and secure his claim? Color me confused...

Men often say they will never really understand women...guys, you are not alone. I will never really understand men either.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 PM

56 posts, read 92,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'd go for the gal that dresses conservatively every time.

Most sociopaths do this.

Why?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Really? I'm supposed to be weak and stupid enough to swoon for some magical pickup line and run away from husband and kids.
How you doin?

JOEY: How You Doin???? - YouTube

Old 12-27-2012, 03:21 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
MrRational, thank you so much for the laugh...though it's been years since I watched Friends I loved that line then and I love it now. I jokingly use it myself. Mostly to other females. But still.

Thanks.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
This thread is useless without pics.

I agree. Show me what your working with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is this supposed to be funny?!
Yeah I was trying to figure this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
She's a cutie
Awww shucks.
Thanks Froggie!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:36 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
A lot of times, that's the trick right there. Would his advances be welcome? Women like to look beautiful. And we have differing ideas of what that means, but we all like to gaze into the mirror before leaving the house and be like "Damn. I'm amazing."

It does not give any and every male implicit permission to have a go at her, it is not like putting an "OPEN" sign on a storefront. She still reserves the right to be as selective as she would ever be. Maybe she only likes girls. So she dressed like that for ladies, or for herself. I'd dress that way to go out with my husband in the hopes that he'd be proud to have me by his side.

Any guy is welcome to look, so long as he's discreet and socially normal about it...too obvious is not only weird, it comes off as judgmental and therefore offensive.

Ultimately, if you noticeably appreciate her assets, and you are her type, she won't mind you looking...if you are NOT her type (for whatever reason) she will respond negatively. And this is why if you're a guy, it makes sense to be discreet about your looking, because you've got no way of knowing whether she sees you as a potential match or a "creepy" guy.

(Creepy is just another word for a person who gives an excess of unwanted attention and doesn't take a clue when it's time to stop, back off, and go away. Chicks can be creepy too.)

One of the best days of my life was when I got sick on a motorcycle trip and the group I was with, left me in a hotel room in northern California to recuperate.

The next day I climbed on my V-Strom, put Gov't Mule's The Deepest End on the iPod and headed north through the redwoods. It was an incredible day.

I got to Ashland, Oregon about three hours ahead of the rest of the group and spent much of that time on a park bench in downtown Ashland listening to music and enjoying my own company. Being a college town and the early summer, the women were dressed to impress, and for a while I discretely watched from behind the mirrored lenses of my sunglasses. Not one person paid attention to me. I decided to perform an experiment, pushed my sunglasses up on top of my head and watched very non-discretely. I was smiled at, winked at, waved to more than I ever would have expected.

Granted these were mostly young woman, but it was quite apparent that there is a fairly significant population of women who enjoy being appreciated.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Froggie, you're showing up kinda late for what is ultimately a boob thread, aren't you? You missed 1/2 the party.
Seriously, aren't you a boob man.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Seriously, aren't you a boob man.
Cut me some slack! I was in and out of a food coma!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:17 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Glad I ate dinner before reading this thread.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Here we go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships