Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM

313 posts, read 665,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Didn't you already have the identical topic about a week ago?
No, A just asked me yesterday. I made one about being in a relationship with someone who travels alot, which is B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,185,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,143,460 times
I'd go with A. Do you really want to sit around and wait for B all the time? What happens if he comes back in March and then the next time he has to be gone even longer?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,678,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I'd go with A. Do you really want to sit around and wait for B all the time? What happens if he comes back in March and then the next time he has to be gone even longer?
b not a. but yeah, what if?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
b sounds like a catch, so my question is why is this even a question?
what is appealing about a? because it seems your desires lay with him more...
maybe because he's not as available, and you're not ready for anything serious either?
B is a great catch but he won't be back till March. He does alot of travelling for work. A has been my crush and I've been wanting him to ask me out.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
B is a great catch but he won't be back till March. He does alot of travelling for work. A has been my crush and I've been wanting him to ask me out.
Then "A" it is! A bird in the hand...
Oh, wait. B is more stable than A? Would you be ready for serious involvement with B, if that's what he wants? Are you ready for that? Would you be willing to be with a guy who was away for work a lot? If B is texting you twice daily, you probably shouldn't be going out with A, don't you think? Unless you're willing to break it off with B.

Stability, guaranteed employment as an engineer, devoted to you, stays in touch. But isn't around regularly.
vs. ... unstable. But is right there.

Did you make any kind of commitment to B before he left? Was there any kind of understanding between you two? Or was it just 3 dates, and he's hoping to turn it into something more?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I know but B is such a great catch. If A and I didn't work out, I would regret not picking B. I've regretted not giving someone a chance in the past and he was a great catch too. I don't want to make the same mistake.

Last edited by YellowT; 01-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then "A" it is! A bird in the hand...
But A may not want something long term. He may just want to date. I don't know if he's looking to be in a relationship. It took him a while to ask me out. Im not sure if its because we work at the same place.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
But A may not want something long term. He may just want to date. I don't know if he's looking to be in a relationship. It took him a while to ask me out. Im not sure if its because we work at the same place.
Maybe A is shy? But you have to face the possibility that if you date A, you might end up texting B a "Dear John" letter. Would you be able to bring yourself to do that? (See the questions I added after you quoted me, above.)

Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,956,506 times
This question is like asking me to choose between living in Wetwang, England or Middelfart, Denmark.

If your leaning towards A, why ask strangers who they would choose? Was this thread mainly to brag about how desirable you is?

*runs off to take my missed med dose*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships