Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've seen some "in action" here in the States. Some come across as haughty and entitled. Who cares what they look like? Why is it scripted that they are universally beautiful, compared to Western European women, when that's hit and miss? Who wants to even cross that cultural bridge? What a drag.
i agree with you. although some men like hot women. do you dispute this?

the cultural bridge can be long, but if you want a hot stay at home wife who will take care of you, give you sex on demand, and generally respect you as the boss of the house as long as you take care of her i can see why men are attracted to this. I am not...but many men are... especially if you are a little above average in income but have a hard time attracting attractive American women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
i agree with you. although some men like hot women. do you dispute this?
I'm not disputing this. I am disputing the assertion that women from that part of the world are that much of a prize. Many think they are, are overly accessorized, and are annoying in the process.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM

468 posts, read 553,931 times
Quote:
A point to illustrate the differences in culture: american women think that having a dominant husband is bad and that being submissive is undesirable.

in many countries, the women believe that being a submissive woman--it's more ingrained than pronounced--is the only way to go. they reject feminism.

they believe that it's a man's job to provide and her job to take care of him and the kids....it does not mean that some of them dont want to work or go to university...but it means that they expect the man to be the leader in the home. he's the boss....he should be a "generous" and a kind boss ideally, but he is the undisputed chief.

in brief: they believe strongly in gender roles.

this can be both good and bad.
Oh please. "Rejecting" feminism in its basic form isn't some sort of autonomous thinking...it's centuries of abrahamic religion and the after effects. Being submissive isn't a natural human state...it is one of many dysfunctions that result from unnatural ideologies. If you'd take some time to explore the high levels of mental illness and social dysfunctions of certain nations with "submissive" women and dominant "men", it would be clearer. Those women are brainwashed but it suits you well so you're happy to champion them as "better".

"Gender roles" is NOT what angry masculine deficit males define them to be.

What you're doing is what almost all white American guys do who go fishing for "foreign" women; exploit and manipulate.

BTW, these "submissive" 3rd World women aren't as abundant as you think; I always laugh at Americans who underestimate these people's education and current attitudes...e.g. First Nation peoples are slowly discarding religions forced upon them in favour of their superior old ways, in which women and men worked in harmony and no power struggle existed. But of course, you'll always be able to find that bleached fair skin Indian woman who's desperate to slave for a white man to get some "status" and light skinned kids.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Oh please. "Rejecting" feminism in its basic form isn't some sort of autonomous thinking...it's centuries of abrahamic religion and the after effects. Being submissive isn't a natural human state...it is one of many dysfunctions that result from unnatural ideologies. If you'd take some time to explore the high levels of mental illness and social dysfunctions of certain nations with "submissive" women and dominant "men", it would be clearer. Those women are brainwashed but it suits you well so you're happy to champion them as "better".

"Gender roles" is NOT what angry masculine deficit males define them to be.

What you're doing is what almost all white American guys do who go fishing for "foreign" women; exploit and manipulate.

BTW, these "submissive" 3rd World women aren't as abundant as you think; I always laugh at Americans who underestimate these people's education and current attitudes...e.g. First Nation peoples are slowly discarding religions forced upon them in favour of their superior old ways, in which women and men worked in harmony and no power struggle existed. But of course, you'll always be able to find that bleached fair skin Indian woman who's desperate to slave for a white man to get some "status" and light skinned kids.
i dont diagree with you, but the men are being exploited too...she exploits his wallet and nationality and he exploits her body.

but you do admit these women are mostly ok with serving their man in the home as long as he provides the home? the women takes care of things inside the home and the man outside.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,098,022 times
Quote:
maybe maybe not. Russian women are very methodical and strategic. It is entirely possible for them to use their beauty and love boxes to obtain lifetime financial security for themselves and their family with 90 or so emails.

so, it's very possible for someone to go from earning 500 bucks a month to going to Arlington with a man that earns 125k a year very quickly if she plays her cards right. so in effect, she can walk on a street paved with gold.

*****Let's not use the word Russian. Russian women from Moscow and St. Pete and Siberia are not desperate anymore. In fact, it's widely known that only the below average or undesirable women (older but still pretty with a few kids) would stoop to leaving her country for a western fool. Russia, from Russia--I often use Russian to describe all Slavic inhabitants of Russian speaking Former Soviet Countries-- women date their own men who SPOIL THEM IMMENSELY. Russian men spoil their women much more so than American men do. And not even rich Russian men. They court them with flowers, gifts, chocolates, etc and pay for all meetings.

Ukrainian and Moldovan and Stan women are the ones that play the mail order bride game. These countries are very poor and the people live hand to mouth. However, 10% of these countries are filled with men who live very very well.... *****
Interesting, the stereotype is that Russian men are drunks who beat their women, but I realise these are stereotypes. Moscow also has a lot of rich sugar daddies these days as well.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM

I think most of the reasons have already been mentioned. These men are either seen as too socially inept to find one of the millions of American women, or too old-fashioned, believe that women should be totally submissive etc. Both of these incite ridicule in women towards these men. Also the fact many are middle aged.etc and prefer younger brides. Many seem to see America or the West as being infected by feminism and that women in these other countries are these angelic 1950s ladies who will cater to their every whim.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
First of all, the OP's contention is specious. No one here (that I have ever seen), "shames" anyone for going overseas to get a woman. What prompts the vitriol/ridicule are the losers who buy an overseas bride, usually Russian or Eastern European women (sometimes Thai) who only want a green card and entry into the USA. Then they parade around like a fool believing these women are "madly in love" with them. Can anyone say "delusional?"

And let's face it, anyone who has to purchase a bride should be branded a loser. Do you think a man with anything to offer has to buy a wife?

For the men who hate American women and want to look abroad for a woman, two thinks stick out:

1. They're bitter because they have either been rejected all their lives by women or ignored. Thus massive issues which is always unattractive and will be to 99% of foreign women as well.

2. They are attracted to submissive, meek types since most American women, especially career women, speak their minds and are equal partners in their marriages. Men who seek out submissive women almost always are insecure guys with control issues. Two negative traits and massive red flags for any woman with a discerning eye.
Few literally 'buy' a wife, they usually meet her through an internet dating agency, or on an organised tour. He pays for the chance to meet a girl, it's still up to the girl if she's interested enough in him. It's not like he hands the company or her say $100,000 and she's bound for him for life.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Interesting, the stereotype is that Russian men are drunks who beat their women, but I realise these are stereotypes. Moscow also has a lot of rich sugar daddies these days as well.
they tell silly american men what they want to hear. when they go home they say that american men are sissies and not real men..they don't really respect them...they are viewed as pansties.

russian men laugh at american men who travel overseas for sex. they think they are losers who are whipped.

my russian friends just cant understand why a man would find a wife from the internet from another country....it's incomprehensible to them.

do they drink? yes. if a russian man slapped his wife would it be a big deal? no. 50 years ago in america was it any different?

but remember this is what they know. are they to call their own fathers and brothers losers?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
The only things I think of when I think of when I think of Russia and Moscow are:

Fancy Metro system:
http://blog.localnomad.com/en/wp-con...ion-Moscow.jpg

Red Square:
http://www.fandresen.com/wp-content/...Red-Square.jpg

Vodka:
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48937...93090&pid=15.1

And these are not compelling reasons to go there.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM

468 posts, read 553,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think most of the reasons have already been mentioned. These men are either seen as too socially inept to find one of the millions of American women, or too old-fashioned, believe that women should be totally submissive etc. Both of these incite ridicule in women towards these men. Also the fact many are middle aged.etc and prefer younger brides. Many seem to see America or the West as being infected by feminism and that women in these other countries are these angelic 1950s ladies who will cater to their every whim.
I've always wondered what's exactly so amazing and unique about American women that their men still sing their praises even when insulting them. I think some American men make a big deal out of nothing, plus contradict themselves. If a few are that bad; then inability to get one shouldn't be taken as a defect. The conditions that necessitated Feminism were "infections" rather than the feminism itself, but sleek move to blame every single distasteful female behaviour/problem on feminism.

Quote:
i dont diagree with you, but the men are being exploited too...she exploits his wallet and nationality and he exploits her body.

but you do admit these women are mostly ok with serving their man in the home as long as he provides the home? the women takes care of things inside the home and the man outside.
I did say in my 1st post that sometimes both parties benefit...their choice, their business. I just disapprove of raw exploitation and the nasty side effect of viewing nonwhite or some nonAmerican women as easy pickings who deserve no respect or appreciation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships