Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:40 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,183,905 times

Advertisements

Directed towards the OP…
I do not think of this so much as creepy however I always wonder what will be gained aside from being with a younger woman, great sex and whatever..

I say this because one of my best friends grandfather did this after her grandmother died. My friend is married to a Filipino man and has been since she was 17 , he is from here however has many family members living over seas.
2 years after his wife died my friends grandpa was lonely and wanted “companionship” so my friends husband suggested marrying a younger woman from the Philippines and they all went to the Philippines to visit his family where her grandfather was introduced to a 25 year old woman whom wanted to come to the USA.
It was arranged and he brought her back after some time and they are still together however the family has gained some information that the young lady has been carrying on with another man closer in age.
Her grandfather does not want to believe it since he thinks the world of her but honestly what did he expect?
The words “Come to the USA” SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN INDICATOR!

I ALSO have a very close friend, I believe I have mentioned her in passing here on C-D ( she was my lamaze coach).
Well I had been on FB and noticed that one of her cousins had changed her name completely, ( The name was Indian) I decided to click on her page and found that she married a Indian man and her page reflected wedding pics!

This man was very attractive and younger than her, I asked my bff what was going on with this and she laughed…and stated “Okay! She states to the family a year ago that she hooked up with this guy on a dating website and they fell in love! She stated that she visited him in India ( which I think is a load of bs) and all of a sudden she is in India getting married?” “Girl, you know I love my cousin but look at her, she is at least 100 lbs overweight and this man is fine! I told her he just wanted the visa and when he got it? He was going to up and leave her and marry some younger thinner woman.”

We have yet to hear any news except to state that they are still working on his papers but they talk all the time via skype..lol

Another story? An ex of mine? I dated him briefly and this because had a lot of baggage! He was good looking but very insecure.
He owns his own business has a beautiful home in woodland hills Ca, drives a corvette and has 2 other cars equally as nice…
He is now 41, when I met him he was 39 an divorced for 3 years to a Salvadorian woman for 3 years he met her when she was 19? She was here visiting family on a 6 month visa and miraculously fell in love with him, they were dating and her visa was about to expire and he asked her to marry him, lol.
Well she was all for it, except it was a short honeymoon period! All that love she felt for him? Disappeared after about 4 months after they were married, she did not want him looking at her during sex, did not want to get pregnant
Even though she stated initially that she wanted children as badly as he did. She never invited him to go with her when she went out with her “friends”?
He found out after a year and a half of marriage that she was sleeping with another younger man.
She swore to him that it was a one time deal and she was “drunk” but hind sight 20/20 he realized that during that time they were working on immigration papers for her sister to join them in the states and she left him when her sister finally moved here.
After she left? He found out that she was still with the same guy? And low and behold she was PREGNANT! This hurt him more than anything.
She even had the audacity to call him 1 year after because she had no one else to turn to because her new b/f was in jail and she wanted to borrow money to bail him out? Wow!
He said to me “Really? She left me for this loser who is now and jail and the father of the child I wanted so bad!”
I am sure that there are many stories out there like this.
So as I stated it is not so much creepy I think it is sad. For all parties involved.
Not all foreign women are like this but some are. I feel sad for them, their need to escape from their situation attach themselves to a man they do not love and all that can be felt is gratitude.
But how long is this gratitude going to last? The heart cannot help it loves, so when they finally get here, explore, get a job, meet someone else they really care for? Hmmm…
What happens to the man that invested all the time and money to buy his “perfect bride” only to lose her to another man?
So good luck in your search and sincerely hope it works out for you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,853,033 times
I"m not searching for a wife - just live and work here.

I"m an expat that sees this stuff all the time, and hoping to gain some views from those back in the home country.

All the things you mentioned happen all the time for sure, it's a financial arrangement.

yet, it does seem to make many older gentleman very happy.

AS for me, not interested in that scene.

cheers for long post

Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,183,905 times
lol...No cheers needed I actually enjoy typing and writing and sharing experiences after all is this not a forum?

Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 AM

it sure is a forum, yes.

and of course, there is a massive demand for this kind of arrangement.

hordes of men come over to Thailand, Phillipines etc.. to hook up with a girl.

must be one of the biggest businesses on the planet - that tells the whole story really!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,230,561 times
It can work, but I think you'll be better served just improving your skills with women and meeting them the old fashioned way.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM

79 posts, read 97,156 times
One thing is for sure, if i ever get a mail-order bride, i'm finding one who gives me a LOT of sex. What's the point in spending all that money if you are not going to get any more sex than the average frustrated guy?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,697,549 times
I have no issue with it.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
It can work, but I think you'll be better served just improving your skills with women and meeting them the old fashioned way.
well that is a boring old yawn!

the whole purpose of the mail order routine is to do away with the traditional game.

better served - how so?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,230,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
well that is a boring old yawn!

the whole purpose of the mail order routine is to do away with the traditional game.

better served - how so?
Well, if you can't get a girl in real life, what makes you so sure that you'll be able to keep the mail order bride around? I've heard many stories of con artists, but even if you don't end up with one that is a con artist, she could still leave you after a few years for a guy with a more attractive personality.

I've dated girls from all over the world. Yes, I've found small differences between cultures, but the rules of attraction are generally the same everywhere.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,628,583 times
A girl in real life exposes herself on the local markets just like a mail-order bride exposes herself on internet. Besides, it's human females who do pick males to be with (not the other way around). Mail order brides have multiple choices. Speaking of Russian, Ukrainian, etc. brides, it's the biggest lie that they are poor, naive, starving souls taken advantage of by loser men. They are not any more submissive than a generic American woman. They just tend to put up with their men faults longer. Absolute majority of those are educated and quite well off (by local standards), they don't starve or freeze, they just want better things in life (and watch too many American movies). They made a conscious business decision to expose themselves to the foreign markets and they are not under pressure of starvation to make their decision.

My coworker brought a 26 years old fiance from Ukraine to a rust belt Ohio town (he was flying over there for 2 years or so). The girl run back to Ukraine screaming after seeing what small-town Ohio life is all about. They don't show that in Hollywood movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships