Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,186,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Ok, fair enough.
Did I win!!! Did I win!!!

Quote:
And you're not a man, so you will never have have to worry about being doubtful if a child is yours or not.
That's true. But I am a parent. Maybe it's just me - but being a parent changes the way I see most things. I can't look at a child in a situation like this with out imagining that it's my own child. And from the day I had him - he comes first for me.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,822,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's true. But I am a parent. Maybe it's just me - but being a parent changes the way I see most things. I can't look at a child in a situation like this with out imagining that it's my own child. And from the day I had him - he comes first for me.
I'm sure your husband is happy about that.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I'm sure your husband is happy about that.
Of course he is - why wouldn't he be? Our son comes first for him, too. I can't see how it could be any other way.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,786,010 times
Some chicks are always trying to find some dude who is not the father to take care of their stupid babies

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Some chicks are always trying to find some dude who is not the father to take care of their stupid babies
Please get a vasectomy.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
How could he have handled it better?
By not disinheriting and disclaiming the kids. By not blathering on about "mourning" them as though they were dead. By not taking his anger at his ex-wife out on them. By continuing to be a father to them.

It's pretty clear you've never raised a child. Anyone who can do what that guy did doesn't deserve to have kids. Please don't have any.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,116 times
Quote:
Did I win!!! Did I win!!!
No, you did not win.

Quote:
But you're a parent of a child that you know is yours. I doubt you would look at your child in the same manner if the hospital called you one day and told you they made a mistake and sent you home with the wrong baby.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,116 times
Quote:
Of course he is - why wouldn't he be? Our son comes first for him, too. I can't see how it could be any other way.
And this is why when couples have kids, the romantic aspect of the relationship starts to go south. Again, I do hope everything works out for you Dew93.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,699,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
By not disinheriting and disclaiming the kids. By not blathering on about "mourning" them as though they were dead. By not taking his anger at his ex-wife out on them. By continuing to be a father to them.

It's pretty clear you've never raised a child. Anyone who can do what that guy did doesn't deserve to have kids. Please don't have any.
Don't act like it's some honor to breed. There is no honor in doing something that biologically natural to you. I guess there is honor in taking a dump because they are on the same level. As Chris Rock said, "Even roaches have kids." Unless there is a problem with you, everyone has the ability to breed. That's also why it is so difficult and you have to use outside measures to not breed. Nature wants you to.

Ironically enough, the imbeciles are the ones who mindlessly breed while people who make informed decisions about not wanting to have any spawn are probably more intelligent people because they actually took the time to think about it.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
No, you did not win.

You know I did!

Quote:
But you're a parent of a child that you know is yours. I doubt you would look at your child in the same manner if the hospital called you one day and told you they made a mistake and sent you home with the wrong baby.
Honestly - it wouldn't make a bit of difference and I would never be able to give him up. It's probably impossible to understand if you are not a parent. I love my son more than anything in the world - finding out he wasn't my biological son would not change that.

Quote:
And this is why when couples have kids, the romantic aspect of the relationship starts to go south. Again, I do hope everything works out for you Dew93.
It hasn't gone south at all. If anything - we are even more in love with each other now than we were before. Having a child has brought us closer together. It seems that men who don't have children think that "baby comes first" means that the wife stops paying any attention to her husband or loving him whatsoever. Only the most selfish of fathers would resent their child for being an important part of their lives. My husband loves spending time with his family - meaning all of us together. He can't wait to get home from work to see us. Just because our son comes first, that doesn't mean that our relationship doesn't matter. I look at my husband in a whole different way now. I see how much he loves our son and it melts my heart. And I tell him so all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships