Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 PM

677 posts, read 1,196,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But these are not grown ups. Perhaps they will understand later. I hope they do. But this didn't happen later - it happened now.
It might take a while but they'll eventually understand.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,606,372 times
The only people who would stand to lose by effectively mandating paternity testing would be vile deceitful women.

Exactly.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:13 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,606,372 times
Dewdrop: Women do not think of children more because they always know who the mother is. Maybe it's instinct or nature or whatever - but when you are a mother - you see all children differently and you want to protect them.

Not true. That is an idyllic view of mothers and motherhood. Have you ever heard of the foster care system aka Child Protective Services? It exists and is overburden in this country because there are a number of mothers who see children as a an unnecessary burden, someone to physical, verbally, and emotionally abuse, something to discard, barter away in exchange for something else she wants, or to place drugs or a man above her children. Other mothers care about their own children but will not put themselves out for someone else's childrens (such as stepchildren, relatives childrens). There is no one rule of behavior that applies to all mothers because the reality is mothers are human so the potential for good and evil exist within them. Which aspect comes out depends on the individual themselves.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Dewdrop: Women do not think of children more because they always know who the mother is. Maybe it's instinct or nature or whatever - but when you are a mother - you see all children differently and you want to protect them.

Not true. That is an idyllic view of mothers and motherhood. Have you ever heard of the foster care system aka Child Protective Services? It exists and is overburden in this country because there are a number of mothers who see children as a an unnecessary burden, someone to physical, verbally, and emotionally abuse, something to discard, barter away in exchange for something else she wants, or to place drugs or a man above her children. Other mothers care about their own children but will not put themselves out for someone else's childrens (such as stepchildren, relatives childrens). There is no one rule of behavior that applies to all mothers because the reality is mothers are human so the potential for good and evil exist within them. Which aspect comes out depends on the individual themselves.
I was speaking of my own feelings and of the feelings expressed by other mother's on this thread. I was talking about the responses on this thread.

Yes, bad people exist. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM

708 posts, read 881,434 times
Quote:
The only people who would stand to lose by effectively mandating paternity testing would be vile deceitful women.

Exactly.
Well if it is a mandatory system, the DNA can certainly cross referenced to see if the guy is a father to any other kids out there, and he can be mandated to pay child support then. I see no reason that the government wouldn't use this aspect of mandatory paternity testing to reduce the amount of public assistance they give out.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM

708 posts, read 881,434 times
Quote:

Who is trying to paint an idyllic view of moms here? If anything though, it is more of a comparative view of the genders. Women are certainly less likely to opt out of parenting entirely though, so yeah that means there are some that don't do such a good job of it.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,593,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I never realized till I started lurking so much in the relationship forum how many women hating men are on CD.
The men here simply want women to accept responsibility for the mistakes they made. Men make mistakes just like women, but a good number of women always want to get off with light punishment, or get way all together scot-free.

Just look at this thread, so many women are chiming in to downplay the situation, and basically say, the guy stuck with the kids needs to continue on raising the kids even though he was fraudulently deceived into fatherhood.

Truth be told, many of you girls, as we business owners say, operate within the "gray area" because I know for a fact if any of you women were fraudulently overcharged on a credit card bill, or an extra student loan payment, you would vehemently exercise your right to dispute the fraudulent charges, or outright refuse to pay the out of principle because you were fraudulently deceived into taking on extra responsibility.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,364,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Won't be popular (and don't care) but:

Okay $25K to ex-husband which is probably a portion back to him.

How about the Mom's children finding out who's the biological father of these kids.

Let her take out her who she "have sex book" and find out. Yeah it might be from a long time ago but she made her bed by most likely deceiving her ex-husband now let her lie in it. I do feel badly for the kids who are the innocent bystanders.

Unless the ex-husband wants to "adopt" these children, logically he shouldn't be on the hook for those kids expenses who are not biologically his.

Go on Maury!

I agree, simply like you said it is only a portion of whatever he paid into the care of those children. This also does not include the emotional aspects either, raising children that you thought were yours and not to mention the time that was wasted in them not knowing their biological fathers.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,364,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
If he still feels like a father to his kids, why did he get the DNA test?
He proably had suspicions like he is white and one of his kids looks asian and the other black

Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
The men here simply want women to accept responsibility for the mistakes they made. Men make mistakes just like women, but a good number of women always want to get off with light punishment, or get way all together scot-free.

Just look at this thread, so many women are chiming in to downplay the situation, and basically say, the guy stuck with the kids needs to continue on raising the kids even though he was fraudulently deceived into fatherhood.

Truth be told, many of you girls, as we business owners say, operate within the "gray area" because I know for a fact if any of you women were fraudulently overcharged on a credit card bill, or an extra student loan payment, you would vehemently exercise your right to dispute the fraudulent charges, or outright refuse to pay the out of principle because you were fraudulently deceived into taking on extra responsibility.
I think everyone should accept responsibility for their mistakes - I just don't think that this was the way to go about it. I'm not sure what would be proper punishment - I just wish the kids didn't have to be involved in this at this age. It would be much easier on them if this happened when they were very tiny or grown adults. I'm not sure that this could be punishable with a jail sentence. I understand the fraud involved - but what it comes down to is adultery. I think it's a grey area and I'm not sure I want adultery to be punishable by law. This wouldn't affect me - but I just don't think that this is something we should do as a society. I understand being compensated monetarily - but at the same time, depending on her finances, it might be taking money away from the children as opposed to punishing her. I don't really know what the right answer is here - I just feel like all the choices made by both parents have been the wrong answers. Once again - just glad that this will never happen to my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships