Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,046,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you ask a woman to take a paternity test - it certainly is because you do not trust her. You can blame your mistrust on the fact that there exist women who are liars and wh*res - but don't for a second think that you would ask a woman that you trust 100% to get a paternity test. There are men who cheat on their wives, who steal, who cheat, who lie, etc. - and yet, I trust my husband completely. I don't blame him for what other men do with their lives.
I agree with this. While I would just take the test and get over it, it would definitely - I don't know - make me wonder why he he felt the need to ask. I imagine that would be a pretty substantial ding in the relationship. I would also expect an apology for the doubt once the test comes back.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,788,938 times
I got to know what it's like to raise somebody else's kids. I was in a LTR for about 4 years, and the girl I was dating had a niece and a nephew. Well the sister was all messed so my girlfriend and I spent tons of time with these kids. We took them to parks and the beach, had birthdays, went on vacations, played in the yard everyday. We were involved in basically every aspect of their lives.

So long story short my girlfriend breaks up with me. First thing I ask is if I am going to get to see the kids anymore? I spent 4 years watching these kids grow up, and I felt emotionally invested. Unfortunately, I was NOT permitted to ever spend time with those kids again, and that sucked. I missed those kids more than I missed her.

It's a different situation, but I felt like a father figure to those kids even though they weren't mine. In a situation where the man spends years thinking the kids are his, and then he finds out they aren't ... it would hurt for sure, but it would probably hurt worse to have those kids taken away. I can definitely understand how he would still want to be in their lives.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,776,094 times
Last post!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,289,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
It's crucial to show this to young men. I had a vasectomy in 2008. 3 out the four women I've had a relationship with since then told me they were pregnant. This is why I don't trust anyone. Ever.

Obviously you chose NOT to tell your partners from the very beginning you had a vasectomy or they wouldn't have tried this on you. Also maybe they actually thought you were the father since you never told them you couldn't reproduce. Were you trying to make the relationship last longer and fool them into thinking you were father material by not being honest? Sure looks that way to me.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Every man wants to be a father and a grandfather.
Not true.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM

23,175 posts, read 12,321,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Obviously you chose NOT to tell your partners from the very beginning you had a vasectomy or they wouldn't have tried this on you. Also maybe they actually thought you were the father since you never told them you couldn't reproduce. Were you trying to make the relationship last longer and fool them into thinking you were father material by not being honest? Sure looks that way to me.
Point is they were collecting sperm samples from other men aka "Cheating" and seemed quite ready to let him believe he was the father when they knew at the very least there was a good chance he wasn't.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
I can't understand why any man wouldn't demand a paternity test. A woman obviously will always knows for sure, but men can never know. If you're going to spend the next 18 years raising a child, don't you want to find out and make sure it's yours first?

always.
No a woman doesn't always know for sure. Sometimes a woman will have sex with more than l partner in a cycle and she can't always be sure. Oh Gasp- sex with more than 1 partner in a month? No man would ever do that would he?????

Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post
Would you pay child support for children that aren't biologically yours? .
Adoptive father spend buckets of money on children that aren't theirs. It is the betrayal which is the real issue here and not the money.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 AM

23,175 posts, read 12,321,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
No a woman doesn't always know for sure. Sometimes a woman will have sex with more than l partner in a cycle and she can't always be sure. Oh Gasp- sex with more than 1 partner in a month? No man would ever do that would he?????
I think they meant the woman will always know for sure SHE is the real mother. Unless the babies get switched in the hospital and even then she still knows she is a mother.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM

708 posts, read 881,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I think they meant the woman will always know for sure SHE is the real mother. Unless the babies get switched in the hospital and even then she still knows she is a mother.
Well if a couple uses donor eggs/embryos, she would not be the bio mom.

In situations where a couple is knowingly using donor sperm, how would we protect their privacy in the case of the mandatory paternity testing? What would you do in those situations? Why is it big brother's business if a couple did use donor sperm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships