Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,737,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
never had a bad rejection.
not unless you count being told "not interested" as a bad thing
Then you haven't lived.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM

613 posts, read 1,081,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairlift040 View Post
"I don't even know who the **** you are, so why in the **** are you even talking to me?"
"I don't want to ****ing talk to you, I don't even ****ing know you"
"**** you"
"**** off"

This happened to me a few times in a nightclub/bar. I'm a good-looking guy and had zero problem with friends/dating/relations when I was in college.

After graduating college in a small town, it is easy to see that socializing and meeting people is not what it used to be. In fact, I NEVER GOT that hostility from any new people when IN college, but that's just how it is if you're male and in a small town with limited post-college social events before moving.

Rejection itself is not the issue. If the girl said something like "I'm flattered but I am not interested in meeting any people right now" or "Thanks, my friends need me", then it's cool. But I have to wonder why the extreme level of hostility?

Are these girls taking full advantage of the fact that he must approach, and maximizing this to feed her ego? Is she mad that women were wrongfully treated in the past (denied vote, etc) and mistreated in the world,
and this is her way of asserting her dominance ("men aren't so powerful now in the nightclub"). Or maybe it's because everyone would be on the woman's side which empowers her to do whatever she wants with no consequence (the bouncer would throw out the man no matter what he did out of a sense of chivalry
towards the woman and a certain view of men)

What was the worst rude rejection you'd ever received?
Why do some people reject in the matter above instead of just a simple "I'm not interested"? While in a small town for the time being till I meet my next girlfriend in a bigger city, it just makes meeting people & approaching much more harder, though I persist, with increasing misogyny and seething anger.
Man she sounded bitter, all that wasn't cause for. She could have just said, she wasn't interested. She probaly been hurt a lot. I can't recall myself, but my homeboy said he once said hi to a woman and her reply was I don't have time.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,178,714 times
-I went up to a girl at a party and asked her to dance and she said, "Yes, but not with you."

-I'll go up to a group of women or they'll be sitting next to me at the bar and I'll start talking to them, and they just completely ignore me. That one has happened a number of times and is always fun.

There's others. I mean it's not a big deal to me, but it just really shows that you're a sh@tty person. I mean I asked my sister what she'd do if a guy asked her to dance, and she said, "Either dance with him or turn him down politely."

It's pretty amazing to me that so many people in this world think their sh@t doesn't stink.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,960,091 times
I've been rejected several times. It's okay though because I use those rejections as fuel for my workouts. In the end, I still win

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,149,289 times
I can't recall any woman being mean about it. I'm sure I've been Bs'd a couple of times just to get rid of me though.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM

613 posts, read 1,081,374 times
And sometimes women get a kick out rejecting a guy even if she thinks he's good looking. Especially if she sense him being over confident, some will do it.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,466,509 times
Unless someone was drunk, belligerent or would not take no for an answer, I cannot imagine being that rude to someone. But I'm also never approached.

Worse rejection for me was a couple of years ago when I was at an arcade with some friends minding my own business going from one game to the next. Guy walked by, sneered, pointed at me, started barking, laughed and then walked off. Took me right back to the same thing happening when I was 18. Later, we passed the same guy on the street and he gave me a once over and look of total disgust.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,178,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Unless someone was drunk, belligerent or would not take no for an answer, I cannot imagine being that rude to someone. But I'm also never approached.

Worse rejection for me was a couple of years ago when I was at an arcade with some friends minding my own business going from one game to the next. Guy walked by, sneered, pointed at me, started barking, laughed and then walked off. Took me right back to the same thing happening when I was 18. Later, we passed the same guy on the street and he gave me a once over and look of total disgust.
That sucks.

But keep in mind, guys do that to even attractive women. I remember in HS, for a little while when I was a freshman I actually sat at a table with a few 'cool kids'. One of the guys (who was very popular and would eventually go to the prom with the most desirable girl in the school) saw this girl walk by and sneered at her, made oink noises and called her a pig. I could see she heard it and was visibly upset. It was actually one of my sister's friends and of course I was way too much of a wuss to say anything at age 13 though I definitely would these days.

The funny thing is, I thought she was quite attractive, and she wasn't fat at all.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,053,870 times
I can't remember ever being rejected, but I also prefer to let the man do the asking.

I'm polite when I reject, but I've had rude reactions from men when I said no.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,924,914 times
This thread is once again turning into a woman bashing thread and it's highly insulting. Both genders reject but the way posters are talking, that men are always nice but women aren't.

I can't help but wonder how many of them men complaining are the same ones who are mean to women in person, especially less attractive. I've had guys come up to me to bash the uglier women and this offended me because I'm not interested in bashing people who were innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships