Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM

245 posts, read 520,548 times

Advertisements

I remember one day I was just sitting in class minding my own business.

And some guys were talking about me right in front of me, and the first guy was like, "What about her..." Other guys like, "Who?" And then the first guy pointed at me, and the other guy was all like, "Oh hell no!"

Feels bad, man.

I remember in middle school guys used to approach me in lunch and make up this "Oh so and so likes you, you should go talk to him..." Then that guy would grab me by the arm and try to drag to me to his guyfriend...

I knew this was a trap, so I usually back out.

I've never been actually rejected, but guys made attempts of "playing" me, but due to the fact that I've witnessed plenty of girls get played, I'm good at spotting it out.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
I remember one day I was just sitting in class minding my own business.

And some guys were talking about me right in front of me, and the first guy was like, "What about her..." Other guys like, "Who?" And then the first guy pointed at me, and the other guy was all like, "Oh hell no!"

Feels bad, man.

Ohh, stuff like that happened all the time to me. We had one bar that I really liked downtown, and it had the open window/irish pub type look so it was great on a summer afternoon. Unfortunately, College guys really liked to sit at the window and hold up number signs to the girls walking by. I got a -2 once, and I don't think I ever got above a 3. Of course, there were plenty cute giggly college girls getting 10s so people rarely complained and when you did you were just called names for being 'jealous'.

Oh how I'm glad I got out of there.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,071 times
One girl told me I smelled like curry and body odor.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,791,186 times
Oh, oh! I forgot, I was at my regular pub with a couple friends and my friend pointed out a man at a table with another man and older woman who kept staring and pointing at me. He came over and struck up some conversation about how his friend and mom(!) were asking him who on the patio was he most attracted to. Apparently he felt I looked like Natalie Portman (I don't).

In the course of the conversation he revealed he was a hairdresser and former ballet dancer with a suspicious lisp. He asked for my number to take me dancing some time and when I stood up to give it to him, his demeanor shifted with a "Whoa. You're tall. And you're not wearing heels."

Shockingly, he never called.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Oh, oh! I forgot, I was at my regular pub with a couple friends and my friend pointed out a man at a table with another man and older woman who kept staring and pointing at me. He came over and struck up some conversation about how his friend and mom(!) were asking him who on the patio was he most attracted to. Apparently he felt I looked like Natalie Portman (I don't).

In the course of the conversation he revealed he was a hairdresser and former ballet dancer with a suspicious lisp. He asked for my number to take me dancing some time and when I stood up to give it to him, his demeanor shifted with a "Whoa. You're tall. And you're not wearing heels."

Shockingly, he never called.
Haha, I've had men get visibly disappointed when I stood up

Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,791,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Haha, I've had men get visibly disappointed when I stood up
The tall hate was just the cherry on a bizarre sundae. He was pretty clearly gay and I gave my number because I was bewildered and polite. But he got to tell his mom he wouldn't be asking me out because of my height, not because of my vagina.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,387,654 times
I was 17; he was 36. We met at my part-time job. He seduced me and convinced me to go to his apartment with him.

I was very inexperienced but willing to fool around because it was thrilling to be with a sophisticated older man. Afterward, he told me that I needed to lose 10 pounds and if I called him after I lost the weight "maybe" we could go out on a date sometime. Needless to say I was crushed.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,143,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
I was 17; he was 36. We met at my part-time job. He seduced me and convinced me to go to his apartment with him.

I was very inexperienced but willing to fool around because it was thrilling to be with a sophisticated older man. Afterward, he told me that I needed to lose 10 pounds and if I called him after I lost the weight "maybe" we could go out on a date sometime. Needless to say I was crushed.
I don't know about that...he was probably aware he was committing a felony.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM

142 posts, read 252,821 times
Well, the first rejection of my life was being given away to adoption --- parental rejection as an infant. This affected my whole life. Infant know their mother's voice, heartbeat, and know their native language. Fortunately, I was adopted domestically so my adopting parents spoke my native language that I herad in utero, but an infant knows mother's voice and father's too. I missed that. These are known facts withinn the adoption reform movement - professsionals in human development and prenancy and fetal development verify this. This major rejection lead to dificulty in trusting people and loss of self respect and self worth.

But the worst rejection in adulthood that I experienced was being told by a man I loved for a year told me he couldn't understand my profession, that he wished I was a scientist like he was. I was so hurt. I enjoyed conversing with him on and learning about his profession. I sadly realized that he was afraid of my profession and he didn't think what I do is valuable (I work with families). Nice to find this out after a year together.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM

31,132 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post

What a pathetic loser. The correct response would have been to tell him to date women his own age instead of being a creep and molesting girls.

Mod cut Orphaned.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-16-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.