Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,619,957 times

Advertisements

Only 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

One was in high school. During a party I was locked in a room with a guy I just met. I wasn't even interested in him or anything of the sort. For some reason, he decided to kiss me. I only mentioned it to a mutual friend when we came out. But for some reason he felt the need to tell everyone that I was chasing him and he would have nothing to do with me ever. I just laughed it off considering I knew the truth and didn't give a damn about him one way or the other.

The second was someone who originally chased me but started on a friendly level. We spoke every day and hung out a few times. One night he decided to make a move on me. Just when I thought it was going to go somewhere, he cut me off abruptly. When I demanded an explanation, he told me his preference was a petite girl and he couldn't get over the fact that with my frame I could never be petite. (I have broad shoulders and lean towards an athletic build). He said otherwise I was the perfect person. He eventually met some Asian girl who fit his criteria. Years later after I was married, he found me through my company website and tried to see how I was doing. I blew him off.

I think what bugged me about that rejection the most was the fact that while he felt I was an ideal, his issue with me was something I couldn't change. Even if I was 90 lbs, I would never be "petite". Plus he knew how I was built before we even met, so I don't know why he decided to make a move knowing it wouldn't go anywhere.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM

855 posts, read 1,387,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I asked a girl to dance at one of the middle school social events, and she told me she'd "rather dance with herself."

I've had girls laugh in my face. I've had many women call me a loser. I had a woman tell me my line was the "worst line ever." I've had women flat-out laugh at my loneliness and my inability to get someone. And obviously the insults and harsh remarks of some of the women right here on the site to me, i think they speak for themselves.

I could go on and on.

I have no idea why so many women are mean to me. I will never understand why the women i meet feel the need to be unnecessarily mean and intentionally hurtful. Why can't a woman just politely say "I'm flattered by your interest, but i don't think we have much in common." Or something to that effect. Would that be so hard?

My experiences have certainly shaped my opinions about the opposite gender. If this sort of harsh rejection happens once or twice, a person can usually get over it. When it happens repeatedly, one starts concluding that the majority of women are mean.

Is it any wonder that guys such as myself and the OP have developed such hostile and bitter attitudes toward women? I'm sure there are kind women out there somewhere, but i don't seem to run into them.
One of my friends had the best line when he approached a chick.

He asked her to dance? She replies "no thank-you." He says "don't thank me, thank God somebody asked you."

Nice comeback!

Other than a couple of fake phone numbers which is initial acceptance/end rejection, I've had women tell me "I don't date black guys," "I don't date short guys," and "You are so NOT my type."

A couple times I've had women laugh and say "You've got to be kidding," after I approached.

None of this stops me from going after the next woman with a smile. When I was younger it used to bother me, but now in my advanced years I just don't give a Snip (language). if a woman rejects me.

There's always the next woman. If not? There's always the next woman after her.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-16-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,145,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think my worst one to date was a guy I approached at a pub... we chatted, I offered to buy him a beer and he said thanks. Once he had his beer he high-tailed it back to his friends, pointed at me and the entire table erupted in laughter. One guy barked at me while pointing. The guy I bought the drink for tipped his drink and me, laughed and turned his back on me.

Since then, all the rejections I've had have seemed super tame and haven't bothered me as much.
Wow, that's beyond rude. You should have bought another beer for him and poured it all over him.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,425,234 times
I don't really get too sad over rejections, but two struck me in their utter unintentional cruelty over the past couple years. I was kind of glad though, because it clarified the utter lack of emotional intelligence on the part of the men I had just gone out with.

1) We went out to dinner. I felt like we had a nice time, but was very uncertain as to how he felt. He texted immediately after the date to tell me about how he was packing for a business trip he had told me about and doing laundry. I asked if he wanted to get together when he got back. He said he didn't think we clicked. I was thinking "Then why the HELL did you text me about laundering your socks, you twit?"

2) We went out to dinner, and the conversation was very energetic. After we arrived at my house (we'd walked to a place in my neighborhood), he stood there talking to me for 30 minutes before he asked if I'd like to go out again. I said sure. The next day I emailed to ask about what he wanted to do for a second date, and he told me he didn't feel an emotional connection or physical attraction. Um, nice dude. You could have just said it wasn't working for you or NOT ASKED ME OUT AGAIN.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,914,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.
I had a female friend who was often mean to men and I told her she was wrong. There is a right way and a wrong way to reject and unless a guy is nasty to me I am polite.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-16-2013 at 02:30 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,227,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Unfortunately I've seen girls behave like the OP suggests at the lounges/clubs, BUT generally you could see that those girls had attitude to begin with and for some reason the men at the bars/lounges eat that stuff up.

Heck even some of my girlfriends behaved similar to that at times when we were out ...even to men who were making the moves on me. (They'd jump in and say "she's not interested...move along." or something along those lines.) They always told me I was too nice. My attitude was if the guy was being polite/nice, there was no reason for me to be mean and that I would make it known, nicely, that I wasn't interested. And I also didn't feel the need to immediately shut a guy down.

I've never outright approached a man. I give you guys props...because I sure as heck would have trouble doing it!!!!
Funny thing about that is I've had girls do this to me.....and the friend I was after actually WAS interested. I've literally been making out with girls and the friend tried to pull them away, telling me she's not interested (I'm guessing because the friend was jealous that she didn't have anybody).

Hahahahaha just have to laugh at those situations.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

31,175 posts, read 22,217,675 times
My worst.

I approached a woman at the bar back in the 90s. She smiled as I approached her and invited me to seat down next to her, on a beer soaked chair. I smiled and said "Eh, Good one" as I got up with a dripping butt and as dignafied look as I could muster. One of the other girls with her was gigling, but her other two friends just shook their heads. I wrung out the seat of my pants as good as possible and found a friendly beer for company. I left the bar with a good story though.

Been slapped a couple of times for not remembering names but king of liked that

Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,796,454 times
I once got called an anorexic btch for ignoring a drunk guy's advances. It wasn't my rejection but it was the worst.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,187,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

I think it's time for you to step away from the computer, have a relaxing drink, and get some perspective.
Now there's one thing we can agree on. I might actually rep you for that one, a drink sounds really good right now.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 PM

245 posts, read 520,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I once got called an anorexic btch for ignoring a drunk guy's advances. It wasn't my rejection but it was the worst.
._. I get this all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.