Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM

855 posts, read 1,386,836 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by robertpolyglot
Assuming I was dating at this time, and it was her turn to pick the movie or she would have insisted on it, I'd see it. However, it doesn't interest me.

I saw "Titanic" for the first time within the last few years. I did so because I was interested in seeing how they replicated the ship and how they handled the sinking, to see if it was credible. It was credible.

I'd much rather see a comedy of the variety no longer made (i.e. Eddie Murphy), a drama ("American Beauty"), or a thriller ("Man on a Ledge"), those kinds of movies, but guys have too many hangups about being "caught dead" at a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Who would want to be caught dead at this movie? What of the shame you would bring to your family and fellow man?
Tankyah veddy much LakeShoreSoxGo! I think some guys have been brainwashed and gone soft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,759,081 times
I wouldn't mind because Les Miserables looks like a good movie. But if I lose interest, I'd tell my date that I have to use the bathroom and get the heck out of the theater. Not that I would do that anyway.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM

632 posts, read 1,032,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Question for MEN: Movie Date, would you see "Les Miserables" with a girl?
Yes. Les Mis is a great story. I'd see that waaaaaaaay before I'd see some vomit inducing craptacular sh*t like "Country Strong" or some similar lame Kate Hudson, Hugh Grant, Meg Ryan, Rupert Everett, Hugh Grant, Gweneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts type crap.

Edit: Gweneth Paltrow was good in Shallow Hal. Its the ONLY movie she was good in.

Last edited by Capablanca; 01-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Edited for the Shallow Hal reference.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
I've seen Les Mis in the theater a few times and it's a really great story. I don't really plan on seeing it in movie form (until the dvd comes out), but if a guys masculinity is that threatened by simply watching a movie then I don't want to be with him in the first place. So I suppose it would be a non-issue.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,858,132 times
I watched a live version of it years back in Saint Paul. Yes, I enjoyed it, and the book. I am guessing when it makes it to the second run theater then we will go see it.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:25 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Tankyah veddy much LakeShoreSoxGo! I think some guys have been brainwashed and gone soft.
Because I watched a DVD of "Titanic?" I enjoy ships and nautical history. I put up with the romance parts. To me, they weren't convincing as a couple. The parts involving the ship are real well done. It also shows the difference between the coddled crowd and steerage on a liner bringing immigrants to America.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:28 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Two women running from the law, convertable, top down? Who dominated the screen time in the movie? Not Tommy Lee Jones that for sure. Maybe not a total a chick flick along the lines of Remains of the Day or Howards End because there was some action and violence. Still, I view Thelma Louise as a power "chick" flick. It was definitely inspirational to the women I've talked to who've seen it.
I didn't like them, especially the Susan Sarandon character. When they went over the cliff in the Grand Canyon, or whichever canyon, it was sort of like "Ok, so long." They didn't win. They lost. They made a mess and then had to "get out of it" in the most unpleasant manner possible.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 AM

7,327 posts, read 6,948,959 times
See it your self first .
To me it would have far more prodctive a regular movie than a play .
Having seen it I fell asleep 30 minuets into it ,and that doesn't usually happen on movies I have never seen before.
Fortunately I didn't snore ,, but I doubt it would have bothered the 10 other people in the audience, if I did .

Old 01-19-2013, 02:31 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,551 times
As long as she doesn't call it, as the Malaysians call it, "Less Mis - ra - bles".

Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM

580 posts, read 966,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
It's about 2.5 hour long musical. Would you see it at a theater with a girl?

A guy asked me out (second date). I told him that I would go but I would like to see "Les Miserables". He took me and we saw it together. But before the movie starts, he says, " I don't normally see this type of movie and it would be the first time but I would do it for you because I like you".

At the end, he said that he had a great time and would like to see me again.
I'd take someone to see it. I'm more into the animated movies and stuff younger people might watch but if I like the girl, why not? We can see Nightmare on Elm Street if she's into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships